Bellazon

Does anyone pretend to be someone else?

Begonia

In my head I pretend to be someone else. I sometimes pretend I look like Michelle Vawer, Mila Kunis, and I sometimes pretend that I have a cousin that looks like Miranda Kerr, Indiana Evans or Sandra Kubicka and that I have a neighbor that looks like Barbara Palvin. Am I crazy? is this normal? Am I the only one doing this? Is there a cure to this? I haven't told anyone cuz I am embarrased about it, & I don't want them to think I am crazy. I've been doing this since I was a kid. & I do it everyday.

Eh, you are in the range where it's kinda weird but you are still a kid. lol

It sounds to me like you are just daydreaming, and as long as you aren't actively believing or trying to pass it off as reality you are just fine. Well I should add that as long as it doesn't interfere with your perceptions of people, as in you attribute qualities that aren't there, either.

:flower:

In my head I pretend to be someone else. I sometimes pretend I look like Michelle Vawer, Mila Kunis, and I sometimes pretend that I have a cousin that looks like Miranda Kerr, Indiana Evans or Sandra Kubicka and that I have a neighbor that looks like Barbara Palvin. Am I crazy? is this normal? Am I the only one doing this? Is there a cure to this? I haven't told anyone cuz I am embarrased about it, & I don't want them to think I am crazy. I've been doing this since I was a kid. & I do it everyday.

Well, at least you´re being honest about it? Maybe when you grow up you realize that these things are not important at all.

I sometimes pretend I´m a very nice girl and that I actually care about people.

Ouch.

I guess it's cuz of age,but you should try to give it up,maybe none can see/feel what you're doing, but don't think it's a good habit...

btw, how do you feel about yourself,I mean, do you like your look or have some problems with it ??? do you like your circle of friends ???

I don't know a lot about psychology,but heard ppl who aren't satisfied with their look and see themselves as ugly human beings, often want to be someone else,who they think are beautiful...

For what it's worth I used to think (maybe pretend) my mother looked like Halle Berry. I think I stopped thinking like that when I was 16 or so. I think it's just a phase.

I don't think I am ugly. People always tell me I am biutiful, and they give me candy & chocolate all the time. Not trying to be conceited but I think I am somewhat attractive. I really don't have friend I am socially awkward, I really just have 2 real friend. But I been doing this for years. I pretend Michelle Vawer and Barbara Palvin are mermaids, & I pretend Miranda & Indiana are sister. But I know is all fake, is all on my head. I act normal around people.

I don't think I am ugly. People always tell me I am biutiful, and they give me candy & chocolate all the time. Not trying to be conceited but I think I am somewhat attractive. I really don't have friend I am socially awkward, I really just have 2 real friend. But I been doing this for years. I pretend Michelle Vawer and Barbara Palvin are mermaids, & I pretend Miranda & Indiana are sister. But I know is all fake, is all on my head. I act normal around people.

Like strangers? Because I don't know if your mother/teachers/authority figures ever told you this... but you don't take candy from strangers. It's kind of a thing. :mellow:

Do you live in a small town, by any chance?

Because here in Miami, you may be pretty, but there are like 8,000 beautiful people around at given moment in time, anywhere so people don't give a shit. Being attractive in a city like mine is nothing special.

Like they say here: a [insert small city/state that isn't NY or Cali] 10 is a Miami 4.

it's good you have two real friends! important is to have a real friend,and it's not necessary them to be 10 or more.

try to make other friends, just friends,not real/best friends, try to be in public and have contact with ppl,I think you should spend more time with ppl and not to be alone often,maybe deep inside you want to be more communicative but can't realise it yet,so try to be with ppl all the time and let's see if it helps! :wave:

I think is pretty cool 2 pretend that ur mother look like Halle Berry. I am pretty alone stuck @ home just doing homework. My parents r pretty strict don't let me go out w/my 2 real friends 2 the movies or the mall. I can only go 2 mall w/my mom or sister. They just want me 2B @ home doing chores, homework & soccer. I live in a little town. I use to live L.A. when I was kid. Maiya I like ur advice. I don't think I am a good writer. Lovely avatar too.

Do you guys think is a disease?