Bellazon

The Ultimate Fighter

Jimmy Changa

I saw those fights but sisnce I was at a bar I didn't get to hear the commentary. I could just imagine it though. Rashad totally shut down Bonnar who is usually a pretty tough fighter. On the other hand though, Rashad didn't really do much with his take downs once he got Bonnar down. It was a bit of a lack luster fight.

I was SO disappointed my boy Luke lost. :(

I've seen Leban fight before and expected a good fight there but boy he got hit HARD in the beginning and realized too late that he was in a fight....never caught his breath at all. That was really the only exciting part of the night.

I saw those fights but sisnce I was at a bar I didn't get to hear the commentary. I could just imagine it though. Rashad totally shut down Bonnar who is usually a pretty tough fighter. On the other hand though, Rashad didn't really do much with his take downs once he got Bonnar down. It was a bit of a lack luster fight.

Rashad took him down quite easily, but didn't really do anything, kindda like Matt

I was SO disappointed my boy Luke lost. :(

Same here :( but he dosen't really have any skill, he just a little nuts :whistle:

I've seen Leban fight before and expected a good fight there but boy he got hit HARD in the beginning and realized too late that he was in a fight....never caught his breath at all. That was really the only exciting part of the night.

Before the fight the announcer kept saying, he has an iron jaw :whistle:

I guess they were wrong, cause that brazilian guy killed him

UFC 61 on Saturady :woot:

My predictions....

Tim Sylvia Vs. Andrei Arlovski - This will be a good battle. While I fear that Sylvia MAY get caught in a submission early on, I don't think this is very likely. My feeling is that Sylvia will win late in the fight by TKO or by descision. I just don't think Arlovski has what it takes to overcome what Sylvia knows about him now.

Tito Ortiz Vs. Ken Shamrock - Not quite a repeat of the last fight but darn close. Shamrock has probably trained for the ground battle but Tito is way beyond him already. I think Tito might just submit Ken this time, maybe as early as the end of the first round.

Dan Christison Vs. Frank Mir - I've only seen these guys fight once each so it would be hard to predict. I'll take Mir by submission...that is if he doesn't get cold cocked at 10 seconds into the first round. :laugh:

Josh Burkman Vs. Josh Neer - Josh Burkman wins by submission in the first round.

Yves Edwards Vs. Joe Stevenson - Joe will try REAL hard to submit Edwards but will end up getting knocked out late in the fight.

Drew Fickett Vs. Kurt Pellegrino - This is Kurt's debut to the UFC and Drew is a veteran, so I'll have to take Drew here. Let's say by submission early on since Kurt will probably want to take the fight to the ground.

Jeff Monson Vs. Anthony Perosh - Another rookie fighting a veteran. hmm I'll have to take the veteran again here. Let's say by KO this time.

Gilbert Aldana Vs. Cheick Kongo - This is Kongo's debut but he has been fighting alot in Europe so I'm going to take him here. KO in second round.

Hermes Franca Vs. Joe Jordan - Franca by submission. Late in the first round.

Tim Sylvia Vs. Andrei Arlovski - This will be a good battle. While I fear that Sylvia MAY get caught in a submission early on, I don't think this is very likely. My feeling is that Sylvia will win late in the fight by TKO or by descision. I just don't think Arlovski has what it takes to overcome what Sylvia knows about him now.

ylvia was lucky to beat him last time <_< I expect Arlovski to come out all jacked and KO him in the 1st or 2nd Round :)

Tito Ortiz Vs. Ken Shamrock - Not quite a repeat of the last fight but darn close. Shamrock has probably trained for the ground battle but Tito is way beyond him already. I think Tito might just submit Ken this time, maybe as early as the end of the first round.

Tottaly agreed :yes:

Ortiz will probally win by the end of the 1st, last time I seen Shamrock fight, he was destroyed by Franklin, but it all because Shamrock fucked up and sliped a couple of times :whistle:

Dan Christison Vs. Frank Mir - I've only seen these guys fight once each so it would be hard to predict. I'll take Mir by submission...that is if he doesn't get cold cocked at 10 seconds into the first round. :laugh:

Mir is the better fighter so he should win :)

Josh Burkman Vs. Josh Neer - Josh Burkman wins by submission in the first round.

Agreed :yes:

Yves Edwards Vs. Joe Stevenson - Joe will try REAL hard to submit Edwards but will end up getting knocked out late in the fight.

I have a feeling this will go the distance, in a close fight, but Joe will win the decision controversially :o

Who is your favorite fighter?

I'd have to go with Rich Franklin, his fight are always entertaining, and he's vicious stand up fighter, and he can also go to the ground too :)

lol, I am NOT convinced that Joe Stevenson is this great fighter people think he is.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite fighter. I like Rashad Evans just because I liked seeing an underdog win the Ultimate Fighter 2. The way he shuts down the other fighter's game is good, so I do like him. Of course there is Matt Hughes, that guy is amazing to watch. Rich Franklin is indeed a great one too.

It won't be long now and we shall see how our predictions go. I still think Sylvia is the better man. :laugh:

That PPV was dissapointing :( it was to slow, to many heavyweights, the Sylvia-Arlovski fight was so boring :sleep:

And Tito whopped Shamrock in a minute, but I think the ref screwed up by stopping it, Shamrock might have still been able to do something

Rashaad really impresed me against Bonnar (Y)

The best fight was the Joe Stevenson fight, but same here I'm not convinced either that he's that good of a fighter, maybe he can prove me wrong

I got 4/5 of the fights right, not bad

Way to go Jimmy 8/9 :thumbsup:

I didn't really know that much about the other fighters so I did'nt know who to pick

About the Shamrock v Ortiz fight. At first I thought the ref was to quick to jump in, but the more I looked at the replays, I realized that Shamrock wasn't defending himself at all...he barely had his hands up and he wasn't getting out of the way of the elbows. With the intensity of Ortiz's barrage, and boy it was the most intense fury I've ever seen in the Octagon, he surely would have caught at least 10 more elbows or so in a matter of seconds, which could have done serious damage. You could tell from the beginning that Ortiz was like a pit bull let loose...Ken had no chance whatsoever. Also, I wish we could have seen that body slam but the ref was in the way of the camera. Man, if Ortiz could turn that intesity on for every fight noone would stand in his way.

About the Shamrock v Ortiz fight. At first I thought the ref was to quick to jump in, but the more I looked at the replays, I realized that Shamrock wasn't defending himself at all...he barely had his hands up and he wasn't getting out of the way of the elbows. With the intensity of Ortiz's barrage, and boy it was the most intense fury I've ever seen in the Octagon, he surely would have caught at least 10 more elbows or so in a matter of seconds, which could have done serious damage. You could tell from the beginning that Ortiz was like a pit bull let loose...Ken had no chance whatsoever. Also, I wish we could have seen that body slam but the ref was in the way of the camera. Man, if Ortiz could turn that intesity on for every fight noone would stand in his way.

:yes:

The more I see it, the more I agree with the ref stopping it, Sharock couldn't put his hands up. He was all dazzed

Ortiz said he felt Shamrock go limp with the first solid elbow shot but that he did his job and kept droppin' bombs till the ref stopped it. :rofl:

Ortiz will fight Liddell again if Liddell wins against Wanderlei Silva. Interesting to know that Ortiz once beat Silvia by decision in UFC 25: http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfi...=yes&eventid=35

Ortiz said he felt Shamrock go limp with the first solid elbow shot but that he did his job and kept droppin' bombs till the ref stopped it. :rofl:

:rofl:

Ortiz will fight Liddell again if Liddell wins against Wanderlei Silva. Interesting to know that Ortiz once beat Silvia by decision in UFC 25: http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfi...=yes&eventid=35

I thought Liddell was fighting Sorbal next? :idk:

Thing is, the fight will be under UFC rules which are a bit more strict. I think Liddell will take Silvia here. Wanderlei's main style of fighting is Mui Tai and with the much restricted use of the knees in UFC, he will have to fight Liddell's fight...aka slugfest. It should be an exciting fight. :yes:

Liddell has only fought twice in Pride and neither time was it Silvia. He beat Guy Mezger who Silvia has beaten too, but Liddell lost to Quinton Jackson, someone who Silvia has beaten.

Thing is, the fight will be under UFC rules which are a bit more strict. I think Liddell will take Silvia here. Wanderlei's main style of fighting is Mui Tai and with the much restricted use of the knees in UFC, he will have to fight Liddell's fight...aka slugfest. It should be an exciting fight. :yes:

Liddell has only fought twice in Pride and neither time was it Silvia. He beat Guy Mezger who Silvia has beaten too, but Liddell lost to Quinton Jackson, someone who Silvia has beaten.

What are the main differences between Pride Fighting and UFC? :idk:

I know the first round of the fight is 10 minutes and all knees are legal