Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2012

Michael*

So confused for the results,both teams were equal,in bad way indeed.They presented a horrible game.Maybe It was all Spanish in the 2 extra halves,but what so?

penalties victory was all luck for Spanish,and Ronaldo not sharing was good decision,he wasn't good today,he would probably have kicked it so high as he did all through the match.I was little into Portugese,they deserved it more ,but it's done,and it's Spain again in the finals,but this is not Spain I'm used to,no at all.

I swear, I could feel myself ageing during tonight's second half. After the lively and generally enjoyable group stages, the knockout games have failed to deliver much other than the drama of penalties and a couple of (admittedly brilliant) 'Panenkas'. All of a sudden, it feels like the tournament is starting to wind down a bit. Hopefully, tomorrow's game and Sunday's final will liven things up again and provide us with one or two slightly more memorable moments.

The debate will almost certainly continue to rage on about whether or not Spain are boring, which in itself is getting rather boring, but if they were able beat Italy or Germany on Sunday you could make a strong case for them to go down as the greatest international side ever. Like the Spanish style or not, nobody (at least, nobody to my knowledge) has ever won three major tournaments on the spin.

And on a slightly different note, Van Maarwijk has apparently resigned as Holland manager. Somewhat inevitable, I suppose - cue rousing round of indifference. I%20dont%20know.gif

I swear, I could feel myself ageing during tonight's second half. After the lively and generally enjoyable group stages, the knockout games have failed to deliver much other than the drama of penalties and a couple of (admittedly brilliant) 'Panenkas'. All of a sudden, it feels like the tournament is starting to wind down a bit. Hopefully, tomorrow's game and Sunday's final will liven things up again and provide us with one or two slightly more memorable moments.

The debate will almost certainly continue to rage on about whether or not Spain are boring, which in itself is getting rather boring, but if they were able beat Italy or Germany on Sunday you could make a strong case for them to go down as the greatest international side ever. Like the Spanish style or not, nobody (at least, nobody to my knowledge) has ever won three major tournaments on the spin.

And on a slightly different note, Van Maarwijk has apparently resigned as Holland manager. Somewhat inevitable, I suppose - cue rousing round of indifference. I%20dont%20know.gif

:D It lulled me to sleep nicely and this is the football créme de la créme?

Spain only started playing well after Pedro & Navas came on. Pedro should definitely start in the final. I have no idea why VDB brought llorente if he was not planning on playing him at all. He could've given that spot to another person. It's not like spain lacks forwards. Adrian or Soldado could've filled that 3rd striker spot. (although in my opinion, both of them should've been chosen over Torres.. who has been terrible for the past 2 years).

bottom line is.. they are a great team with great players but they can't finish for shit right now :laugh: I hope Germany/Italy will actually try and attack them.. Portugal tried today but they were bad at finishing as well.

Like the Spanish style or not, nobody (at least, nobody to my knowledge) has ever won three major tournaments on the spin.

Your knowledge is right,if Spain gonna win this Euro,yeah they will be the first to win three big championships in consecutive order

2008,2010,and maybe 2012 ,just one step further for them

not really to blame it all on him,maybe some players should also resign.

==========================

some photos from yesterday's match

post-38290-0-1445985431-84288_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445985432-48892_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445985432-50626_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445985432-53727_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445985432-55971_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445985432-59011_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445985432-62838_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445985432-66527_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445985432-71495_thumb.jpg

Where have all our expectations gone?still shocked that Italy won and Germany not only lost,but gave the worst performance ever,not saying Italy was so hugely good , I didn't like their so easy wasted chances in the 2nd half.

Balotteli,it's you again,I liked your crazy performance.Pirlo,you're really one of best players in this tournament.Ozil and Khedira ,Italians knew you're the keys,so they watched carefully for you.

Michael Ballack was saying how the constant lineup changes by the coach may have hurt Germany and I think i have to agree. In their last two games including the semi-final he shuffled the line-up and it may have hurt their flow, chemistry, and some of the players confidence. It wasn't a complete shock but i'd still call it an upset.

I guess i'll just pull for spain to make history now and win a third straight title :laugh:

I guess i'll just pull for spain to make history now and win a third straight title :laugh:

I'm with you on this one!

Although literelly everyting people expect this tournament seems to be wrong ;)

I'm with you on this one!

Although literelly everyting people expect this tournament seems to be wrong ;)

very true :laugh: i'm really hoping Spain don't pass the viewers to death though <_< i wouldn't mind a three or more goal final :thumbsup:

Football, bloody hell! :o

I would have expected Germany's faster, more aggressive style to set the pace of the game regardless of team selection, but that was some pretty odd stuff from Joachim Loew. He played neither Reus nor Muller and in trying to make room for the energetic but ineffective Kroos, he shoved Ozil (who had looked absolutely phenomenal operating behind a lone striker) in a wide role, creating a whole load of unnecessary disruption. Obviously, occupying Pirlo would be a priority for anyone but why wouldn't you simply give the job to the superb Khedira?

And that Balotelli, more trouble than he's worth, eh? :cain:

^^ Michael, this is all that comes to mind: :rofl:

:laugh:

I've never made any secret of my love of Mario and it's as much for the raw dynamism of his game as it is for his, shall we say, eccentricities. In my own humble opinion, the footballing world is in need of many more like him.

I think the final will be a ridiculously tight affair. If we're lucky, it'll also be an absorbing one. I'll be most interested to see how Prandelli decides to utilise De Rossi this time around - the sweeper ploy worked well when the two teams met in the opening group game but since then he's looked to be the perfect foil for Pirlo in midfield. Spain I suspect will stick with the 4-5½-½ formation, with Fabregas starting. The Negredo experiment was an unmitigated disaster, I'd be shocked if we were to see him again.

Here's a novel idea - a crackpot scheme by UEFA!

Apparently Michel Platini is currently proposing a future championship without a host nation, with games held in multiple cities across Europe instead. It may or may not stem from UEFA's reluctance to let Turkey stage the tournament in addition to the Olympics in 2020. Champions League: International Edition? :unsure:

http://www.telegraph...-continent.html

Here's a novel idea - a crackpot scheme by UEFA!

Apparently Michel Platini is currently proposing a future championship without a host nation, with games held in multiple cities across Europe instead. It may or may not stem from UEFA's reluctance to let Turkey stage the tournament in addition to the Olympics in 2020. Champions League: International Edition? :unsure:

http://www.telegraph...-continent.html

yeahhh no. :clobber: his idea is a bad one imo. the article made a valid point, part of the appeal of the Euros and World Cups is the environment that is created by the host nation. If it's spread across multiple cities I can't help but feel that unique setting will be very diluted. keep it as it is!