Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2012

Michael*

A bizarre game which Ukraine could perhaps have won, but once again it's mission accomplished for England. I didn't make a fuss about the Lampard 'goal' against Germany in 2010 and suffice to say I don't plan on making a fuss now, I only hope we haven't used up all our luck in one go.

post-20523-0-1445985409-45827_thumb.png

P.S. Get in Seb Larsson! :bellazon:

So according to some kind of number crunching thingy that apparently determines the highest performing players by measuring successful tackles, completed passes, shots on target and whatnot, this is the team of the tournament so far. I can only assume that Stephen Ward and Sean St. Ledger missed out by a hair's breadth. :huh:

post-20523-0-1445985416-33708_thumb.jpg

Weird, I was looking at this yesterday, conjured up by using presumably the same kind of tedious data methods. To me, this one is far more suspect in terms of the line-up but anyway, the whole "fascinating" guff can be read about here http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/nte8qwbtke6xtgezaspbqg/Show/Euro-2012-Focus-WhoScoreds-Team-of-the-Group-Stages

post-9484-0-1445985416-54201_thumb.jpg

no games today...i didn't know what to do with my time from 2:45 - 5:00 :laugh:

Any more gaps like yesterday's and I may have to contemplate going outside. :nicole:

:rofl: hopefully it won't come to that

interesting :huh: the funny part is that Arbeloa and Hummels are the only two that are in both.

Oh,girls we have to forgive him for that,it was a live or die game today.Btw, I liked his haircut .

=============================

so Portugal won (1-0)and it's Ronaldo again,and whoelse it has,except Nani,and sometimes Postiga,and Mereiles.

indeed two teams were playing like kids,no noticeable techniques,so rush to score,especially Czech who wasted their energy in the 1st half,and died after Portugese goal.If it wasn't Czech,Portugal wouldnot have won probably.

Now Portugal is up to meet Spain or France,until now I'M surprised how Ukraine went out,and how France went forward.

It seemed like the Czech came out in the second half and said, "okay let's just see if we can get it to penalties then let Cech be the hero."

As for Germany/Greece, I can't remember a game with so much current political undertone :rofl: or maybe it's overtone because it's so obvious :huh: either way it's amusing. I picked Germany to win but i wouldn't mind an upset here, hopefully it's interesting.

That was probably the closest we've come to a genuine dud game so far. The Czechs looked like rabbits in the headlights throughout and banking on Cech to win them a penalty shoot-out only seemed to doom them further. I've made a deal with myself to try and turn a blind eye to Ronaldo's less appealing personality traits at this tournament, and it's working out well up to now. Like the guy or not he's simply a joy to watch in full flow. At one stage last night I even caught myself rooting for Portugal so I could watch him again. :blush:

Weird, I was looking at this yesterday, conjured up by using presumably the same kind of tedious data methods. To me, this one is far more suspect in terms of the line-up but anyway, the whole "fascinating" guff can be read about here http://www.whoscored...he-Group-Stages

I suppose these things can only ever tell part of the story at the best of times, but it's quite interesting to see the vast differences in the two line-ups. I strongly suspect that the Squawka one is heavily and perhaps unfairly weighted in favour of completed passes as opposed to key ones, hence the presence of Busquets and Xavi in their team. Needless to say, Spain's style of play lends itself to racking up gargantuan amounts of possession a lot more than say, Italy's, even when their relentless measured passing isn't accompanied by goals.