Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2012

Michael*

I also thought that when I heard of their early scoring,I didn't watch the match as I focused on Germany's match which performance was less better than before,but yay they're the first to have three victories so far.Gomez wasn't that good today,Ozil was the best along with Khadira who I wished would have stayed in the middle not go forward penalty area.Denmark players were wide spreading with good defence.I liked how Germans played in compatibility with each others.

and I'm happy that you wijn are gonna root for another team,so we would see you going along with us. ;) ,I can't really believe Holland would go home with 3 defeats,that is not Holland I know.

so now Germany is gonna play against Greece,I so fear Greece,they always do the unexpected,as their win of EURO 2004.

and Portugal is gonna meet Czech Republic.not exciting meetings I think

Well it's tomorrow that England will play but I like this way tooooooo long interview with Rooney about him playing for first time in this EURO

Returning Rooney ready to roll

Wayne Rooney told UEFA.com that missing the first two games could "help me later in the tournament" as he prepares to enter the fray in England's match against Ukraine.

Wayne Rooney says he is "fresh and ready to go" ahead of England's decisive final Group D fixture against Ukraine.

The Manchester United FC forward was forced to watch the Three Lions' first two games of UEFA EURO 2012 from the stands after a red card in England's final qualifier against Montenegro earned him a two-game suspension. However, Rooney remains philosophical about the situation and even thinks the added rest could prove to his and the team's advantage.

"You want to be out there playing of course, but I've had quite a while to get used to the fact that I'd be missing the first two games," the 26-year-old told UEFA.com. "I've done all the training with the team and prepared as if I were playing, so I feel fresh. Hopefully, in some ways missing the first two games will help me in the later games in the tournament."

Despite goalscoring performances from Andy Carroll and Danny Welbeck in the 3-2 success against Sweden, there was never any doubt in Roy Hodgson's mind that Rooney would resume duty as soon as he became available. A "world-class player" in the eyes of his manager, the top English goalscorer in this season's Premier League lauded the displays of his fellow frontmen and is now looking forward to linking up with at least one of them against Ukraine.

"It's great for the team that the two lads scored the goals," he explained. "There's competition for places now, which is great because I know if I do get in the team, I'll need to play well to stay in it. I think it'll only be good for the team."

Rooney said the appointment of Hodgson to the England helm had made it easier for the squad to gel under the new manager. With no words "lost in translation", the players have swiftly absorbed Hodgson's ideas, something Rooney believes has already begun to be reflected in the team's performances.

"Obviously, we're not going to pick everything up in such a short space of time. We'll need time to work on it, but in the time we have had to try and take his tactics and way of playing into games, I think we've done pretty well."

Nonetheless, from his vantage point in the stands during Friday's win against Sweden, Rooney was able to identify the areas in England's performance which needed improving. "The way in which we conceded the two goals was disappointing because we normally defend better than that on set pieces."

Still, aside from the three goals scored, the Liverpool-born forward felt there were plenty of positives, not least the character the team showed to come from behind and turn the game. "Going 2-1 down, the team spirit we showed, the desire to get back in the game and win, was great for the whole team. It was a gritty performance at times, but I think a well-deserved win."

Rooney is now looking forward to making his first appearance at a UEFA European Championship since the 2004 edition in Portugal, where he struck four times en route to the quarter-finals, only for his tournament to be cut short by a broken metatarsal in the first half of England's eventual exit against the hosts.

The powerful marksman, who has been capped 74 times, is determined to reaffirm his credentials on the biggest stage by helping England into the latter stages of the tournament. The Three Lions require only a point against Ukraine to secure their place in the last eight, but the returning No10 insists the team will not risk playing for a draw.

"We're capable of winning the game. It will be tough because obviously they've got a lot of fans there and we're playing in Ukraine, so it will be a difficult game. A point will get us through and if we have to take that we will, but we'll be going for the three points."

photos from yesterday's matches

1- Portugal 2-1Holland

Ronaldo finally scored and 2 not only 1

post-38290-0-1445985405-22019_thumb.jpgVan Der Vaart celebrates 1st goal,it became useless after that.

post-38290-0-1445985405-26304_thumb.jpgRonaldo scores his 1st goal

post-38290-0-1445985405-28802_thumb.jpgas if he's telling Ronaldo,finally you,it's you.

post-38290-0-1445985405-30101_thumb.jpg2nd goal by Ronaldo too

post-38290-0-1445985405-33617_thumb.jpg

post-38290-0-1445985405-37942_thumb.jpgyou have to,after those bad previous kicks.

post-38290-0-1445985405-39803_thumb.jpgpost-38290-0-1445985405-42131_thumb.jpg

That's a must,one have to leave,one have to continue.

2-Germany2-1Denmark

post-38290-0-1445985407-42607_thumb.jpgpodolski scores 1st for Germany

post-38290-0-1445985407-54348_thumb.jpgcelebrates

post-38290-0-1445985407-55609_thumb.jpg

post-38290-0-1445985407-69049_thumb.jpgequaliser that brought excitment

post-38290-0-1445985407-70712_thumb.jpg

post-38290-0-1445985407-72414_thumb.jpg2nd goal for Germany ,10 ms before the end,by Bender,with excellence for Khadira

post-38290-0-1445985407-73789_thumb.jpgyeah,you must coz we were all worried full of fears then.

post-38290-0-1445985407-77371_thumb.jpgpost-38290-0-1445985407-84438_thumb.jpgthe end of such kind of matches.

Half-time in Group C and the various permutations are already turning my brain into utter mush. Despite having an inferior difference, Italy currently stand to go through as group winners by virtue of scoring more goals in games against their nearest rivals Spain and Croatia, while Spain's four against Ireland are worth less because the Irish are bottom. Good lord. I don't envy the person charged with the task of making all these calculations one bit. What was wrong with plain old goal difference? :wacko:

wow after all this anxiety

Italy is up for quarter finals,but with 2nd place,which means ,it's gonna meet 1st of toworrow,who I expect to be English team.

I wasn't happy alot with the Italian perfomance.At first, I thought Italy is playing the honorary match not Ireland,but then it became better.and italy did it with 2 beautiful goals.

also ,and after rumors of conspiracy from the Spanish side,Spain stopped the rumors and won and got 1st place.I didn't like their goal,so plain ,how could it did that for Croatia.

the best photo of today's matches

again,the Irish fans,perfect fans,they were already out and they continued support,I think most of this because of their happiness of just sharing and playing in Euro.

post-38290-0-1445985408-19633_thumb.jpg

wow after all this anxiety

Italy is up for quarter finals,but with 2nd place,which means ,it's gonna meet 1st of toworrow,who I expect to be English team.

I wasn't happy alot with the Italian perfomance.At first, I thought Italy is playing the honorary match not Ireland,but then it became better.and italy did it with 2 beautiful goals.

also ,and after rumors of conspiracy from the Spanish side,Spain stopped the rumors and won and got 1st place.I didn't like their goal,so plain ,how could it did that for Croatia.

It was regular goal. Scorer was in offside which don't count 'cos ball was passed to assistant which wasn't :confused:. When assistant passed ball to scorer it was second action. That was explanation of Croatian referee expert and I must believe him.

Congratulations to Spain and Italy. Croatia wasn't good enough or lucky enough to win tonight.

Croatia not lucky enough and was good enough,

also I'm not that so happy for Italy infact,they aren't that much good in this Euro,and don't expect them to go much further.But I still have much hopes for Germany.

it took Italy a bit to get going but Balotelli's goal was great. On the other side, Spain looked extremely average (by Spain's standard) and were lucky not to find themselves on the wrong end of an upset. I'm surprised they haven't played Mata at all considering the year he had. I still think Germany looks the better side between the two.

Spain and Italy made it through. A predictable ending, but there were plenty of twists and turns along the way and it was extremely hard not to feel for Croatia. While Navas's winner turned out to be an irrelevance (Croatia needed to score to save themselves and a 0-0 draw would have been no more useful to them than the eventual 1-0 defeat), the finish was so tough on Bilic's boys. Like Denmark and Russia before them, they played too well for too long to deserve elimination. Have I mentioned that I really don't like this new 'head-to-head' system? :angry:

And so 'Operation: Let's Not Embarrass Ourselves' transitions into 'Phase 2: Avoid Spain'. Roy, by all means bung Rooney on but please, please resist the temptation to replace Milner. Forget the fluffed open goal against France, James is the undisputed hero of England's campaign thus far. Who else could make Glen Johnson look that good?