Bellazon

Chronicles of Riddick

Jimmy Changa

Think what you will about Vin Diesel, these movies are some great sci-fi. Not the usual thing you usually see, these actually have some decent character development and what those of us who love sci-fi love...a great "world" development. The action is great too. Pitch Black started it off and even though it was lower budget than the usual sci-fi flick, it turned out great. Chronicles of Riddick is a very different movie though it takes place clearly in the same universe. It had a much bigger budget and an even more creative script than Pitch Black. Dark Fury was created to bridge the gap between the two movies and is a pretty cool lil cartoon. I just got all 3 DVDs and finished watchin them all... :blink: :)

1. Pitch Black - 2000

2. Chronicles of Riddick - Dark Fury (Animated) - 2004

3. Chronicles of Riddick - 2004

I enjoyed both movies, he is like that bad guy character you should hate but can't help but like. The theatrical release was alright, but the uncut version was better, they cut out some good stuff in that movie that could of lead to better ratingss by the critics.

I enjoyed both movies, he is like that bad guy character you should hate but can't help but like. The theatrical release was alright, but the uncut version was better, they cut out some good stuff in that movie that could of lead to better ratingss by the critics.

I too enjoyed my director's cut versions a bit better. I didn't notice a whole lot different but there were a few small differences.

Riddick, to me, is the ultimite anti-hero. He might save you but he surely won't tell you he is going to and he is going to kill a few more bad guys than he probably has to to get the job done. He is a bad guy who respects the true good guys (like the heroism he saw in the Pilot at the end of Pitch Black..."Not for me!!" that was a cool line.) and children (a definite soft spot for him..especially Jack/Kyra).

The end of the Chronicles makes me wonder if they are going to make another movie. Sure hope so.

• 3 weeks later...