• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

ZAYN MALIK QUITS ONE DIRECTION

By Donovan

March 15, 2015

post-20251-0-1446027628-74376_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-1446027628-87423_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-1446027629-35269_thumb.jpg

If I was a betting man, I would’ve placed all my money on Zayn Malik being the first to leave One Direction. Even before he took a break from touring last week due to stress, I had a feeling he was the Ginger Spice of the group.

The announcement was made today via the band’s Facebook page. Those worried that this means this is the end of 1D, fear not. They will continue as a quartet much like Spice Girls did when Geri Halliwell left.

Question is, for how long? Sans Ginger, the Spice Girls only lasted for another album which performed mediocrely compared to their previous albums. Check out Zayn’s official statement below.

“My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined. But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band. I’d like to apologize to the fans if I’ve let anyone down, but I have to do what feels right in my heart. I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight. I know I have four friends for life in Louis, Liam, Harry and Niall. I know they will continue to be the best band in the world.” – Zayn Malik

“After five incredible years Zayn Malik has decided to leave One Direction. Niall, Harry, Liam and Louis will continue as a four-piece and look forward to the forthcoming concerts of their world tour and recording their fifth album, due to be released later this year.”

One Direction adds, “We’re really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send him all our love for the future. The past five years have been beyond amazing, we’ve gone through so much together, so we will always be friends. The four of us will now continue. We’re looking forward to recording the new album and seeing all the fans on the next stage of the world tour. –
One Direction

One Direction formed during The X Factor under the Svengali mind of Simon Cowell. Here’s what he said about Malik’s departure.

“I would like to say thank you to Zayn for everything he has done for One Direction. Since I first met Zayn in 2010, I have grown very, very fond – and immensely proud – of him. I have seen him grow in confidence and I am truly sorry to see him leave. As for One Direction, fans can rest assured that Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis are hugely excited about the future of the band.”

homorazzi.com

• 2 weeks later...

post-20251-0-1446027634-01097_thumb.jpg

One Direction’s management firm Modest! have officially updated their page following the departure of Zayn Malik from the band. All references to Malik have been removed from One Direction's biography. Talking to The Sun recently, Liam Payne shared, “We’re gutted that Zayn chose to leave, but now after a few performances as a four-piece, we’re feeling confident and are determined to carry on stronger than ever.”

thefashionisto.com

• 3 months later...

One Direction Performs on "Good Morning America"

post-20251-0-1446027635-43425_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-1446027635-76927_thumb.jpg

Harry Styles performs in a bomber jacket from Saint Laurent's spring-summer 2016

menswear collection.

post-20251-0-1446027635-91524_thumb.jpg

Liam Payne is a relaxed vision in a plaid shirt, skinny jeans, and a trendy hat.

post-20251-0-1446027635-92322_thumb.jpg

Louis Tomlinson is simple and easy in black jeans and Saint Laurent Vinyl T-Shirt.

post-20251-0-1446027635-95305_thumb.jpg

Niall Horan rocks a Paul Smith fringe shirt.

August 5, 2015

thefashionisto.com