Bellazon

Joe Collier
Thumbnail

liika

MODEL IN THE SPOTLIGHT

www.details.com

post-20251-0-1446113680-28754_thumb.jpg

Just imagine: one minute you're a normal kid in Manchester, England, shopping with your family, and the next you've been spirited away to Milan to walk the Ermanno Scervino runway show. That's pretty much what happened to Joe Collier, a young Brit who's managed to keep his Mancunian sense of cool despite his modeling career's meteoric rise. Don't get him wrong—he does enjoy the thrill of a runway show and the great travel perks that come with this job, but at the end of the day he'd be just as happy if he was at home playing golf with the boys.

Height: 6'2

Hometown: Manchester, England

Agency: New York Models

How were you discovered? I was shopping in Manchester Town Centre with my little sister.

Career highlight: Going to Shanghai for the Hugo Boss show. It was a great experience to visit a place so far from home.

Do you prefer runway or photo shoots? Both have their perks, but I'd say photo shoots because you're there for the whole day with some pretty chill folk, usually in a great location.

The craziest thing you've ever been asked to model: The are some pretty crazy ideas of what fashion actually is, so I've worn quite a few strange things, but lipstick and high heels in a men's show I did was the craziest.

Best piece of swag you got to keep: I've got a lovely trench coat from Todd Snyder, which has kept me warm on many a winter's day.

Your favorite designer: Too many. I like Phillip Lim's style, but I'm pretty traditional so I'd go with Giorgio Armani.

Describe your style in three words or less: English.

If you could raid anyone's closet, living or dead, it would be: Liam Gallagher's—now that would be interesting.

How do you stay in shape? I try to get to the gym at least 4-5 times a week.

If you weren't modeling you'd be: Playing golf.

You're best quality: Honesty.

You're worst quality: Honesty.

The song/album/artist getting a lot of play on your iPod right now: The Kooks, a band I used to listen to a few years ago has had a little resurgence on the old iPod recently.

Best piece of advice you've ever been given? If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well…and life's too short to hate.

post-20251-0-1446113680-3185_thumb.jpg