Bellazon

SI Swimsuit Edition 06 Question

SQOn

gisele was NEVER in SI before. . . and if you ask me -- that is a complete TRAVESTY!!!!

really though, let's be serious ---- as far as present day SUPERMODELS who are successful across the board in both high fashion AND commercial. . .there really is noone bigger than Gisele, Karolina, or Adriana. i don't understand WHY they haven't been approached to be in the SI swimsuit issue. . .. and if they HAVE, why on Earth they chose or are unable to do it.

I wish Adriana, Gisele or KK was on the cover. :cry:

why on the cover when they aren't even in the mag. you should be wishing for them to be in the mag, let alone the cover of it first.

^^^^^^ the VS catalog is different.

the poses are all pretty similar . .. it's just not as fun or special.

i don't think price comes into it -- i'm pretty sure that KK would do it for free. she definitely has enough money and the exposure could do nothing but GREAT things for her career.

i think it must be a stipulation within the VS contract that their particular "Angels" (Gisele, Adriana, Karolina, Alessandra) aren't allowed to do other swimsuit mags. . . but it doesn't make sense to me.

anyway, i'm not complaining tooooo much. i LOVED seeing Rebecca and Daniela again.

BUT, the pictures were really crappy this time around. the photography was totally BLAH. remember how great the photos were the year Rebecca was on the cover???? "The Not So Virgin Islands". . . .the pictures really reflected the backgrounds and the locales. this time, they're totally boring. Even the issue when Daniela had the cover (2000 i think) and they were photographed all over Greece, those pictures were AMAZING. the photography was off the chain.

i was really let down by the SI issue for the past like 3 years.

yes, Marisa should have at LEAST one

You're so right Jimmy. I thought it was going to be her year this year. Especially with the two Czech women and Carolyn Murphy getting it the past three years that Marisa's been in it looking hotter and hotter.

This year's cover is a bit of a let down for me.

I also believe that model's like Gisele, Adriana and Alessandra have clauses in their contracts forbidding them to appear in SI when they have such high prfiles at Victoria's Secret.