Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

Babylola, :heart: :heart: :hug: Isn't she adorable?? Thanx so much!! Wonder what editorial the pix you posted above are from???

21820_praver6_123_340lo.jpg

21829_praver7_123_526lo.jpg

Thanks, SnL!

I definitely see the Catherine Deneuve thang going!

Yours and Babylola's posts show Tori in such different looks and presented one after the other the differences are so easy to see! :wave:

sorry if repost

Goldenpoint f/w 2009

55922050610050.gif 10f8a550610051.gif 28503950610053.gif 6b751350610054.gif 38321650610055.gif e22d9e50610056.gif dbb41e50610058.gif 702d5e50610059.gif cc52da50610060.gif e4c43550610061.gif 4b66d050610063.gif

f6f9a650610754.gif 3879d750610758.gif 1b308950610762.gif 61683e50610766.gif 5fa1f150610781.gif 025d5950610787.gif 318dc250610790.gif 95abe150610797.gif aa296050610819.gif d571b350610827.gif b998fd50611053.gif d571b350615107.gif

OH M' GAWD, FRANCY ITALY! :drool:

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED! :)

SOME OF THESE MAY BE REPOSTS, BUT I'D RATHER REVISE LANGUAGE AND USE "REFRESHERS" INSTEAD OF RE-POSTS. IT'S SORT OF LIKE USING PRE-OWNED CAR INSTEAD OF USED, I GUESS. MARKETING, WORDSMITHING, PR, SPIN DOCTORING, ETC. ;)

THEY "REFRESH" BECAUSE THEY BRING TORI'S GOLDENPOINTE PHOTOS TO THE FOREFRONTS OF HER FANS' MINDS JUST AS RE-READING AN AWESOME NOVEL OR SEEING A GREAT MOVIE AGAIN BRINGS THEM TO LIFE ONE MORE TIME! :wub:

AND IN THE CASE OF THIS SMALL MIND, YOUR REFRESHERS HAVE CREATED SENSORY OVERLOAD OF SO MANY ASPECTS OF TORI'S LOOKS AND WHAT SHE CAN WEAR SO BEAUTIFULLY THANKS TO HER "WIDE" SHOULDERS, "NON-WAIST"/STRONG CORE, AND LONG, STRONG LEGS AND EVEN SOME GLIMPSES OF HER FLAWLESS SKIN! PHEW! :p

AS IMPORTANT, THANKS, AGAIN, FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST ALL THOSE REFRESHERS!

HERE'S TORI LOOKING STRIDENT FROM GORSUCH'S ALMOST-DAILY EMAILS:

post-9036-1254345248_thumb.jpg

Date: 1 OCT 09

Time: 0700

Boston Temp: 34F

Kids bundled for school bus. Precious.

Autumn leaves bright and falling. Scary.

Tom and Katie Cruise running through city's clogged sidewalks and taking 1-hour inherently dangerous and environmentally incorrect helicopter rides. Attention getting and unnecessary.

Cameron Diaz staying low key in Boston. Nice.

Seeing Tori in Cozy, Warm Gorsuch Poncho: Priceless. :blush:

post-9036-1254403175_thumb.jpg

FYI/Amusement or fast deletion:

WOOL, SPARKLING WINE, TEA by ANY OTHER NAME:

Cashmere (British changed spelling from Kashmir) originally came from the underbelly of goats in the Kashmir Mountains between India and Pakistan, the reason for its strength, softness, and difficulty in shearing and therefore expense.

It is available in 2ply, 3ply, etc. that impacts quality and price. Any conflict in the region (ie centuries old between India and Pakistan or Taliban and US) may drive cashmere prices up. Of course, China now produces the most and other countries including the US and Australia produce it.

While only sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France can be called Champagne, any wool from the underbelly of a goat can be labeled Cashmere.

Just as Persian (Iranian) rugs are the benchmark for "oriental" rugs, Cashmere products from Kashmir are the original (the climate that produces the outer, rough protective and inner soft hairs cannot be matched anywhere else). Similarly, Pashmina wool is redundant because Pashmina comes from the word for wool in Urdu (the Arabic language of Muslims from the former Persia to India).

It's like saying Chai tea. Chai is generic for tea in Hindi, the language of much of Hindu North India.

Pashmina, too, originated in Persia, and the quality cannot be matched anywhere. The paisely design on many woolens and silks (from shawls to ties) worldwide also originated from this area but was named after Paisley in Scotland where woolen mills could be found aplenty in the early 19th century. So much orginally moves from East to West, but credit is not given where credit is due.

Again, the quality--partly determined by the number of colors in the pattern--could never be matched outside of its original region, Central and South Asia. The Paisley symbol itself has many meanings in those regions but is likened to such vegetables as the kidney, etc. and has significant cultural meanings as well.

Though I am a cool/cold weather lover, as the temps drops and days shorten, and when returning to my old babble form on fabrics/design this time on the Middle East and South Asia, I would rather think of warm-weather clothing from India : Madras cloth, seersucker, etc.! :laugh:

Hopefully, the next time you take off/put on your cashmere scarf to begin/end yoga class with "namaste," you will know you are bringing two long-warring cultures together sartorially, aesthetically, functionally, and most important, peacefully. Phew! :whistle:

But Tori looking cozy and cute in cashmere is making fall more appealing! :wave:

Date: 1 OCT 09

Time: 0700

Boston Temp: 34F

Kids bundled for school bus. Precious.

Autumn leaves bright and falling. Scary.

Tom and Katie Cruise running through city's clogged sidewalks and taking 1-hour inherently dangerous and environmentally incorrect helicopter rides. Attention getting and unnecessary.

Cameron Diaz staying low key in Boston. Nice.

Seeing Tori in Cozy, Warm Gorsuch Poncho: Priceless. :blush:

post-9036-1254403175_thumb.jpg

FYI/Amusement or fast deletion:

WOOL, SPARKLING WINE, TEA by ANY OTHER NAME:

Cashmere (British changed spelling from Kashmir) originally came from the underbelly of goats in the Kashmir Mountains between India and Pakistan, the reason for its strength, softness, and difficulty in shearing and therefore expense.

It is available in 2ply, 3ply, etc. that impacts quality and price. Any conflict in the region (ie centuries old between India and Pakistan or Taliban and US) may drive cashmere prices up. Of course, China now produces the most and other countries including the US and Australia produce it.

While only sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France can be called Champagne, any wool from the underbelly of a goat can be labeled Cashmere.

Just as Persian (Iranian) rugs are the benchmark for "oriental" rugs, Cashmere products from Kashmir are the original (the climate that produces the outer, rough protective and inner soft hairs cannot be matched anywhere else). Similarly, Pashmina wool is redundant because Pashmina comes from the word for wool in Urdu (the Arabic language of Muslims from the former Persia to India).

It's like saying Chai tea. Chai is generic for tea in Hindi, the language of much of Hindu North India.

Pashmina, too, originated in Persia, and the quality cannot be matched anywhere. The paisely design on many woolens and silks (from shawls to ties) worldwide also originated from this area but was named after Paisley in Scotland where woolen mills could be found aplenty in the early 19th century. So much orginally moves from East to West, but credit is not given where credit is due.

Again, the quality--partly determined by the number of colors in the pattern--could never be matched outside of its original region, Central and South Asia. The Paisley symbol itself has many meanings in those regions but is likened to such vegetables as the kidney, etc. and has significant cultural meanings as well.

Though I am a cool/cold weather lover, as the temps drops and days shorten, and when returning to my old babble form on fabrics/design this time on the Middle East and South Asia, I would rather think of warm-weather clothing from India : Madras cloth, seersucker, etc.! :laugh:

Hopefully, the next time you take off/put on your cashmere scarf to begin/end yoga class with "namaste," you will know you are bringing two long-warring cultures together sartorially, aesthetically, functionally, and most important, peacefully. Phew! :whistle:

But Tori looking cozy and cute in cashmere is making fall more appealing! :wave:

What a fun read, Lancelot! :wave: :wave: I really enjoyed. Day-um, you know lots of stuff, don't you? Have you ever thought of writing a book or articles? You are a veritable fountain of descriptive words. And, again, your knowledge runs the gamut! I'm very impressed, as always. :hug:

I'm hinting my butt off for the poncho sweater she is modeling for Gorsuch. I really, really like it......it's a "going to the movies/date nite" top or tossed on to run out for morning coffee....... Wish me luck because I'm using all my feminine wiles to get it. :laugh: :whistle:

sorry if repost

Goldenpoint f/w 2009

55922050610050.gif 10f8a550610051.gif 28503950610053.gif 6b751350610054.gif 38321650610055.gif e22d9e50610056.gif dbb41e50610058.gif 702d5e50610059.gif cc52da50610060.gif e4c43550610061.gif 4b66d050610063.gif

f6f9a650610754.gif 3879d750610758.gif 1b308950610762.gif 61683e50610766.gif 5fa1f150610781.gif 025d5950610787.gif 318dc250610790.gif 95abe150610797.gif aa296050610819.gif d571b350610827.gif b998fd50611053.gif d571b350615107.gif

I really don't think these are reposts, Francy. A few pictures have elements such as the beret and the pink pj's from last time but the poses are all different and poses are getting better and better!!! :wub:

Ditto, SnL and Francy Italy, the more I looked at the pics as I babbled, they have to be new save for the ones you mentioned above!

Take the one in the top left corner in which Tori is wearing a black n white nunber, just one of my fave in that post, the date (f/w 09) and the materials to match the brrrrr season. So, recently, old sites (IMG in an earlier post and Golden Pointe) have brought new treasures!

SnL,

Thanks for the kind words about my logorrhea (Latin for verbal diarrhea). First, it's my only way of making up for lack of pix postage that really brings everybody here to see Tori in the first place and to read her fans' comments. I try to tie it into something related to anything Tori by the end. And definitely try to be detached, objective, balanced even with Tori comments.

As far as range of knowledge, goes, I primarily do not want to go off topic or be patronizing. If I can censor it with those two filters first, I keep going, trying to fit a lot in but hopefully keeping it simple assuming people can scroll to another post if bored by the babble.

But, as in the case, of cashmeriage, I thought just maybe some Tori fan might be helped with simply the fact that there are 2ply, 3ply versions or hand-stiched (fully fashioned) shoulders/neck for strength/fit v. machine stitched when actually buying a sweater/shawl/sweater, etc.; so they go into the "clothier" somewhat educated and don't have to let the salesperson sell them a piece o' over-priced cr-p from a separate-but-unequal brand.

Salespeople (comissioned or not), as many people know, can be a pushy lot and can even pressure a shopper into something he or she doesn't even want--especially if he/she doesn't know what he/she (we need a gender-neutral pronoun!) wants. It may not be like buying a car, but clothes do have plenty o' features/factors and can be a personal choice/statement for a punk or a prep just as a car or its bumper/rear window stickers really make a personal statement. In the end, no group is original any more, just a reinvention of the fashion wheel from a decade or a century ago.

Look at J. Crew: all styles and even brands have come back from the '80s. Sperry Topsiders, the original boat shoe, etc. Pendleton, Rayban, Timex. Adidas Trefoil (retro) v. Equipment logos. Military styles that inspired much of fashion from the original Burberry/Acquascutum trenchcoats that bears the royal (British) seal to Clark's of England Desert Boots used in British campaigns in N. Africa. Ralph Lauren "borrowed" directly from Brooks Brothers--where he once worked--(the most brilliant copy/marketing plan in fashion history given our penchant for things Anglophile and Britain's class system in our supposedly classless society--sincerely and admiringly meant of Lauren's insight and vision) from Oxford/Cambridge university styles. You have heard of Oxford cloth shirts. But there used to be Cambridge, Harvard, and Yale cloths, too, but died out. Lauren's latest venture, Rugby, named after a UK boarding school and sport is Lauren's latest example of: if it reeks of British tradition, people will buy it.

But, unfortunately or fortunately, it all comes down to class (yes, aforementioned univeristy cloths included): the European ruling classes, especially the French aristocracy, started a fashion or manners trend and the masses followed--whether it be clothing or ettiqutte (tipping a soup bowl away and spooning away is both functional--no spilling on self) and the "correct" way. It's no different in these here United States where upper-middle class preppy styles can be used by any group.

Lacoste, named after French tennis great Rene Lacoste, whose nick name was "Le Crocodile" and part of the French greats of the 1920's and on, The Four Musketeers, was once only worn only by the white, country club set. Now, I see everything with the alligator logo from hats to sneakers on people from every socio-economic strata and in the country clubs and on the sidewalk. So while fashion can start fights in high schools, it can be an attempt to blur class lines and help people make a statement even if it has been done before. Maybe school uniforms are a good idea.

Quite often, fashion starts simply from function. Men's shirts used to have buttons on the left as women's do today, but in the days of swordfighting duels, if a righthander (everybody was righty even into the late 20th century because of its association with the devil: sinister in Latin means left/devil--famous sports stars started lefty but parents/coaches forced the change, partly due to limited lefty equipment, not simply the diablo) drew his sword and caught his hand on the shirt placket buttoned right over left, it meant death or deadly wound; deaths caused the buttons to be switched. LIFESAVING FASHION FUNCTION!

Men's vests/jackets are usually unbuttoned at the bottom, a practice started by the King (of England) Edward VII whose portly build forced him to unbutton them, and his subjects followed "suit." Guys do it to this day and most designers do not design vests or blazers or suit jackets to be buttoned when seated thanks to King Ed. Cuffs on trousers were initially used for catching cigar ash (don't try it at home!). Pocket watch pockets and change pockets on jeans and khakis. Corsets. OUCH! Nuff said. Before Lacoste designed, the FIRST short-sleeved tennis shirt in the 1930's, people wore, LONG, white (wool FLANNEL) trousers and Brooks Brothers "tennis collar" (without buttons, the kind supposed to be worn with suits, not with collar buttons that are too casual.) shirts to run around a hot court. INSANE! Too bad the women folk weren't so lucky with their long skirts on the tennis court. The button-down collar, invented by Brooks for Polo players (upper class sport!) to keep collars from flapping up and hitting players in the face, of course, is now the standard for a formal shirt even though it was literally a sport shirt.

The label inside the collar still says The Original Polo Shirt. Mr. Lauren came around and imitated Mr. Lacoste's shirt and threw the famous polo player on it and now has ENLARGED it. The generic term for the short-sleeve, tennis shirt with longer tail in back for FUNCTION of keeping it tucked it in, went from Lacoste to polo (now generically lowercased) when the original polo shirt is a long-sleeved, buttoned-down shirt WITH functional button-down shirt. Even in the store, Brooks sales folks lead you to the POLO shirt section, sort of ironic since they invented the original one that is long-sleeved and has a button down collar. The functional tennis shirt has become a generic word like kleenex or xerox, a brand name's dream and nightmare at once: Where can I buy a Nike, Adidas, or Under Armour polo shirt? Or POLO polo shirt? It becomes redundant, too, like . . . chai tea. UGH! SORRY!

As an avid lover of useless trivia of all kinds, I can let Tori's "folks" (the most over-used word in the last few years) on her pages know these tid bits as they apply. For example, as winter clothing purchases arrive, people may not know that corduroy (means literally cord du roi or cord of the king--of France) and was royal garb at one time and the "ribs" are called wales and come on various widths (narrow to wide, numbered accordingly: 3 or low being wide, etc.). But really, it comes down to look and feel, I guess, and all the "knowledge" useless and should be thrown out.

So, again, I figure if someone doesn't like the trivia attached, he/she can scroll to the next post.

In SHORT, SnL, my kinda knowledge is that of a dilletante (dang, too many French words, but they really began fashion as we know it and formal ettiquette, too): little knowledge about a lot. Good for babble at parties, cocktail or with red, plastic cups or otherwise and not much else ;).

If knowledge is power as the cliche goes, then I have little of the former or latter, but maybe someone can be a more empowered shopper. And YOU are patient enough to read at least some of it!

Speaking of your shawl wish, SnL, for what my opinon is worth, I think they are soooooo elegant, the simplest blend of form and function. The women (from college to corporate folks) I see on the train or going to and from work on foot look so effortlessly stylish with a simple wrap of the shoulders. And you don't have to have Tori's shoulders (and a possible resulting inferiority complex) to wear them well.

Of course, Tori's shawl is fun because the fringe brings two materials together, not easy even when bringing together a cotton button-down shirt and polyester seam thread because different materials wear/wash/dryclean at different rates. But the fringe brings a certain je ne sais quoi (dang! mo' French) from Native American (dare I say Pocohantas) or American West fashion touches and textures/colors to a traditional shawl in the Central and South Asian sense.

If anything has brought cultures together, it is fashion, food, and pop culture (music, movies, blue jeans specifically, etc)--not self-interested politicians of ANY party or country! Unlike people and their prejudices, pop culture--that includes--fashion moves freely in a world without nations and without borders. Internet shopping has, of course facilitated that multi-directional flow.

Hope whatever wiles you use, SnL, you snag that there shawl and keep your shoulders and upper body snug and stylin' simultaneously :)!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and thanks again, Francy Italy! If a pic holds one's gaze for a bit whether it be a landscape or portrait/painting or photograph, it's gotta be good and yours were GREAT!

Well, Tori, helped hold my gaze, too! :wave:

Well, I know no one is sick of Tori.

But, if you tire of these Gorsuch posts as they come in my inbox and then get posted here, let me know :p .

More important, if you tire of unsolicited babble, PUH-lease let me know or I won't know to stop :blink: .

Or should cut it down to be polite or avoid getting thrown off Tori's pages :whistle: !

Let each pic speak a 1,000 words about Tori!

post-9036-1254490625_thumb.jpg

Whoa!

From Hilary Rhoda wearing one of Tori's suits to Tori in amazing black and white's with a cirque-de-soleil-built model to the huge posts from Gorsuch to the possibility of her being in VS, I'd say the weekend started off great without my babble!

Thanks so much to all the latest posters with more pix than verbiage! :) :)

In Border's, I walked right past the SI 2010 calendar--surprised it was already new-calendar season--but walked right back and was surprised when I looked at the back and did not see Tori. :cry:

Is this old news? Was I seeing things?

Whoa!

From Hilary Rhoda wearing one of Tori's suits to Tori in amazing black and white's with a cirque-de-soleil-built model to the huge posts from Gorsuch to the possibility of her being in VS, I'd say the weekend started off great without my babble!

In Border's, I walked right past the SI 2010 calendar--surprised it was already new-calendar season--but walked right back and was surprised when I looked at the back and did not see Tori. :cry:

:cry: Unfortunately, you are not seeing things.....:cry: It's not because she is NOT one of their very, very faves. :no:

It's good to see her swimwear on Hillary.......H. wears it well! :woot:

Here are three new videos, Billabong......very, very highrated (Y) (Y) (Y) on my Hit Parade. :)

Whoa!

:cry: Unfortunately, you are not seeing things.....:cry: It's not because she is NOT one of their very, very faves. :no:

It's good to see her swimwear on Hillary.......H. wears it well! :woot:

Here are three new videos, Billabong......very, very highrated (Y) (Y) (Y) on my Hit Parade. :)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">