Michelle Williams
Thumbnail

Lolita

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Michelle Williams: 'Blue Valentine' Screening with Kate Winslet!

Michelle Williams attends a screening of her film Blue Valentine at the Tribeca Grand Hotel on Tuesday (November 30) in New York.

The 30-year-old actress chose a Balenciaga dress and Tabatha Simmons shoes.

Kate Winslet came out and showed her support for Michelle and director Derek Cianfrance.

Michelle was just nominated for an Independent Spirit Award in the Best Female Lead category for her work in the film.

post-19430-1291225607_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1291225625_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Michelle Williams: Why I Hated Doing Dawson's Creek

One thing Michelle Williams didn't want to wait for: the chance to shed her cheesy Dawson's Creek image.

"I said to a friend being on Dawson's Creek was kind of like being a mobster," the actress, 30, told PopEater about appearing on the teen sitcom with Katie Holmes, Joshua Jackson and James Van der Beek. "You set up a shop selling pizza but in the back you're laundering money. You're doing one thing in plain sight and secretly plotting something else. I was plotting my tastes, my interests, my beliefs and hopes for what I could be."

Williams admitted it was a struggle to get substantial work after the show ended. "Yes, it was hard getting jobs I wanted," she said. "I was a pop tart. It took patience and baby steps."

The Oscar-nominated star, next up opposite Ryan Gosling in the indie flick Blue Valentine, revealed her five-year-old daughter Matilda (with the late Heath Ledger) also has some more mature tastes.

"She's into Fred [Astaire] and Ginger [Rogers] right now," she said. "Don't get me wrong, she has her pop culture references, but I try to make a balance is all."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...