Bellazon

The most elegant woman

sagitario

I have been 100% objective as she is totally unknown to me, so I can't be biased against her.

I am just voting based on looks on these pictures and some other that I have seen of hers around here, and all her features are completely the opposite to what I like. :idk:

Counterbalancing is precisely what is not objective. :p

And yet in the best body you freaked out that you ended up giving her a 4.5

So don't say she's totally unknown to you, because there is 'some' knowledge. As for elegance, elegance transcends strictly body/facial beauty. She is 'put together' the hair, the makeup, the outfit. I personally can't stand Kim every time she opens her mouth however she dresses herself very elegantly and the main difference with Kim and almost every other woman that has been in the competition up to now that I like is those are not all red carpet pictures. That's her on the street, shopping and at events.

Lmao I knew it was a mistake to nominate her as she's not 'liked' but I had some hopes this would be more objective vs subjective.

10, 10

10, 10

10, 10

Overall 10

Just to counterbalance.

I don't 'like' a number of the woman who have gone before but I still tried to remain 'objective' to the overall idea of the competition which wasn't based on popularity but on elegance, perhaps I shouldn't have.

:cain:

I was being objective. I've seen her before, and heard the name here and there, but I really have no idea who she is or why she's famous. Don't really have an opinion about her one way or the other :idk:

Lmao I knew it was a mistake to nominate her as she's not 'liked' but I had some hopes this would be more objective vs subjective.

10, 10

10, 10

10, 10

Overall 10

Just to counterbalance.

I don't 'like' a number of the woman who have gone before but I still tried to remain 'objective' to the overall idea of the competition which wasn't based on popularity but on elegance, perhaps I shouldn't have.

:cain:

I was being objective. I've seen her before, and heard the name here and there, but I really have no idea who she is or why she's famous. Don't really have an opinion about her one way or the other :idk:

... clearly wasn't directed at you.

6 (hate the necklace :ninja: )

Overall: 7

Can we go on without all the useless rant? There is always a chance that people don´t actually like the dresses they vote for... not everyone knows who she is :idk: on the other hand, I won´t go rating her all 10´s just "because I don´t want be accused of being subjective". This is, afterall, subjective voting - not everyone likes the same dresses, as we all know.

Relax, people. She is beautiful and knows how to dress herself properly, but I don´t like all the dresses here :idk:

I hate to point this out but elegance has been roughly the same thing for decades. It's something demure, stylish, appropriate for body type. It's sexy without being trampy, it's an entire package, including makeup, hair, accessories and wardrobe. I'm not saying that everyone has to like the outfits, however to give her straight 1's is... well it's something. The person it was directed at already responded, the fact that everyone else is becoming overly sensitive about the comment screams a bit of a guilty conscious to me. Either way I knew when I nominated her she wouldn't score very well, and ironically it's being proven true.

Yes I realize that elegance is going to be subject to a number of factors, but for the most part regardless of country, region or even to some extent age elegance is similiar around the globe. Age and religion are the biggest factors and denominators when it comes to a difference of opinion. So I'm not going to snap at a 15 year old for saying something that a 30 year old is wearing isn't elegant or stylish, however for a grown man or woman to do it screams, (at least in my opinion) to be a bit biased, especially considering an earlier opinion expressed where she is exceptionally disliked.

As I said, the comment was addressed and rebutted, no one else needs to feel attacked as it was only directed at one person.

... clearly wasn't directed at you.

Not really. Seemed more of a reaction against more than one person's scores.

Bit of an arrogant thing to say though, regardless of who it was directed at <_<

You may call it arrogance I just call it the truth. :idk: To each their own.

Indeed..

It's funny though that she's doing much better than several others that have come before her (even without the 'counter-balance' votes), and she's certainly not the first to be slammed with 1s. Surely you're aware that these extreme votes happen in almost every comp around here, whether it actually be from bias or people just wanting to show emphatic opinion. It's just got your nose out of joint here because it's against someone who you think highly of in the scale of elegance, coupled with the way you've pinned her as some sort of underdog in the comp. Elegance may still be the 'same thing' it has been for decades, but it's still highly subjective.

I find it more dumbfounding the way some are giving 1s and 2s simply because you can't see the front of an outfit. Does the back count for nothing? Is that still taking the hair, makeup, etc into consideration? :blink:

Indeed..

It's funny though that she's doing much better than several others that have come before her (even without the 'counter-balance' votes), and she's certainly not the first to be slammed with 1s. Surely you're aware that these extreme votes happen in almost every comp around here, whether it actually be from bias or people just wanting to show emphatic opinion. It's just got your nose out of joint here because it's against someone who you think highly of in the scale of elegance, coupled with the way you've pinned her as some sort of underdog in the comp. Elegance may still be the 'same thing' it has been for decades, but it's still highly subjective.

I find it more dumbfounding the way some are giving 1s and 2s simply because you can't see the front of an outfit. Does the back count for nothing? Is that still taking the hair, makeup, etc into consideration? :blink:

Generally speaking the back of an outfit doesn't showcase the outfit adequately. Personally I would have gone for front and back shots of most of these outfits however that wasn't exactly feasible as with a lot of the 'lesser known' models/celebs they don't have enough pictures, or angles of some truly lovely ensembles to do so. And I may think highly of Kim on the elegance scale Donbot, but there's a reason she's known as one of the most stylish, elegantly dressed women. The only standing flaw she has when it comes to her dress style is shoes :blink: I swear half the time if she can find the most atrocious shoes known to man she does :|

Thanks for the pictures Theron. I think Charlize is just amazing that night. :heart:

And also agree. We are not voting solely on the dress. the dress is not all. The dress can be beautiful, but look bad in the person. and the person taking a horrible makeup and unkempt hair. or a necklace horrible. I will not say that this woman is elegant just because it has a nice dress. dress, makeup, hair all count. We look at the picture and comes to us automatically thought, if this woman is beautiful / elegant in that pic, and dresses often has its greatest virtue on the back, and sometimes on the front are simple. So people often do not choose pics from the front, but in the angle which is most favored.

Rachel Weisz (by COP11)

downloads6.jpg

Rules:

- The votes range from 1 to 10.

- You can give 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 points to each picture.

1 - Not a fan at all.

5 - Average / decent

10 - Love

- Vote on how much you think that celebrity is elegant. You can look for clothes, shoes, hairstyle, makeup, etc.... and make an overall assessment.

- You will have a score to each pic. How are 6 pics, you must add up the points and divide by 6 for the mean, which will be your final score.

- The pics are numbered horizontally.

Generally speaking the back of an outfit doesn't showcase the outfit adequately. Personally I would have gone for front and back shots of most of these outfits however that wasn't exactly feasible as with a lot of the 'lesser known' models/celebs they don't have enough pictures, or angles of some truly lovely ensembles to do so. And I may think highly of Kim on the elegance scale Donbot, but there's a reason she's known as one of the most stylish, elegantly dressed women. The only standing flaw she has when it comes to her dress style is shoes :blink: I swear half the time if she can find the most atrocious shoes known to man she does :|

That's fair enough, but I still don't think it warrants such low scores in those cases. You can still get a decent suggestion of what the outfit looks like, and it's not as though the back view is irrelevant to scoring considerations. It just gives the impression that the votes are going towards purely how elegant the front of the outfit is, not how elegant the person looks in that particular photo, all things considered.

1: 6

2: 7

3: 7

4: 5

5: 8

6: 7

Overall: 6.67