Bellazon

Version femina, 25th July 2016. Andrea is great as usual.

To me, she's probably one of the best models of her generation. There's never a mistake in her job; she's not the most famous (for some unknown reason), but her professionalism (and beauty) reaches high summits.

:MLA:

Andrea Nilsson - version femina 25 juillet 2016.jpgAndrea Nilsson int femina.jpg

the magazines you like are lifestyle magazines. models who do advertising model aka commercial print are not fashion models. Most of them work for smaller brands and do catalog work. Unless you are regular doing catalog for well known catalogs and television commercials, you aren't pulling in the big money. In order to be a famous "commercial" model you need to either be working for SI, VS, or be a top money girl. Andrea only works in UK, France, Sweden, and Germany. I am yet to find anything from Germany whether its catalog, ad, or magazine. If her measurements were a bit smaller, she could definitely do better. Unfortunately, there is an extreme bias in the fashion industry. She is doing well in France which is astonishing considering her measurements. Perhaps if she was placed in other markets she could do well too. 

1 hour ago, modelknowledge said:

the magazines you like are lifestyle magazines. models who do advertising model aka commercial print are not fashion models. Most of them work for smaller brands and do catalog work. Unless you are regular doing catalog for well known catalogs and television commercials, you aren't pulling in the big money. In order to be a famous "commercial" model you need to either be working for SI, VS, or be a top money girl. Andrea only works in UK, France, Sweden, and Germany. I am yet to find anything from Germany whether its catalog, ad, or magazine. If her measurements were a bit smaller, she could definitely do better. Unfortunately, there is an extreme bias in the fashion industry. She is doing well in France which is astonishing considering her measurements. Perhaps if she was placed in other markets she could do well too. 

What's wrong with her measurements ? It's 80, 63, 90 (that's what her agency says). That's supposed to be big ? :blink::hmm:

PS : you're right, I like lifestyle magazines (so, it's like a positive bias to me !)

5 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

What's wrong with her measurements ? It's 80, 63, 90 (that's what her agency says). That's supposed to be big ? :blink::hmm:

PS : you're right, I like lifestyle magazines (so, it's like a positive bias to me !)

34-24-34 as close as you can. If you have hips over 35, you are pretty much done in high fashion. LOL. 36" you are commercial or lingerie. 90 is 35.4". Her hips are probably 36" . She is signed with MOT Models. She is on the board of Stockholmsgruppen Commercial board. With all her French success, she should be with better agencies based on that which means her measurements aka her true size is holding her back. It's the only thing I can think of why she isn't more successful. 

21 hours ago, modelknowledge said:

If you have hips over 35, you are pretty much done in high fashion. LOL.

:Amelie_wft: I figured it out: the person who makes the rules is strongly affected with astigmatism...

So, to summarize the rules : 35" makes you corpulent and 25 makes you an old lady ? These guys have problems with figures, haven't they ? Don't tell me the world is going well after that...

" All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere"

The conclusing being: I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad...

A couple (10) of years ago, I was told 90-60-90 (cm) is perfection. It was a silly rule as well, but at least a more joyful (too skinny is not classy).

PS : Andrea looks great whatever the figures. I'm happy for France that she models here.

21 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

:Amelie_wft: I figured it out: the person who makes the rules is strongly affected with astigmatism...

So, to summarize the rules : 35" makes you corpulent and 25 makes you an old lady ? These guys have problems with figures, haven't they ? Don't tell me the world is going well after that...

" All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere"

The conclusing being: I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad...

A couple (10) of years ago, I was told 90-60-90 (cm) is perfection. It was a silly rule as well, but at least a more joyful (too skinny is not classy).

PS : Andrea looks great whatever the figures. I'm happy for France that she models here.

90-60-90 is perfect for lingerie not runway. talk is cheap. people can say what they want. They want 34-24-34 or smaller. They want 5'9" and taller. They literally want hangers walking down the runway. For lingerie, you can be bigger. If you want to be general commercial fashion models you don't want to be larger than a US 6 and be above 5'7" but below 5"10".  If you want to be an advertising model aka commercial print, clients ask for 5'6". Bridal runway needs to be at least 5'11" and mostly blonde Caucasian. The taller the better. Over 5'11" is hard to book commercial work. Lingerie and Swimwear you need a large B Cup or bigger. Each discipline needs certain things and every market has different perceptions. There is a reason why so few plus models work in Paris and Milan. If you look they all work in UK, Scandinavia, Australia, and the US. Some agencies don't separate plus and others don't represent them at all. Some agencies don't represent older model aka classic models. It depends on the type of agency it is what a model is labeled.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...