Bellazon

Cris Urena
Thumbnail

Vanessa_gxox

Name: CRIS URENA

Hometown: Worcester, MA / Dominican Republic

Known for: My outgoing, witty, free spirit personality

If I weren't modeling: I would be continuing my degree in nursing and working at a Pediatric hospital

3 Things I can't live without: Cellphone, lip balm, food

I most want to meet: Adele, she has an incredible voice and I love her music

My secret talent: If I tell it wouldn't be a secret anymore... wink

My dream modeling job: is Victoria's Secret, which I've accomplished! I would love to work for Tom Ford...

On my iPod: Salsa / tropical to Adele to Dancing music

On my night stand: Clock, iPhone, cocoa candle

In my handbag: iPod, journal, hand sanitizer

Blackberry or iPhone: iPhone

http://www.thefashionspot.com/runway-news/...odel-cris-urena

Model Minute: Cris Urena

With her sophisticated demeanor, a subtle space in her front teeth and a diligent work ethic, 19 year-old Cris Urena kicked off her first New York fashion week with Peter Som’s Hawaiian themed show at Milk yesterday morning followed by Band of Outsiders and Ruffian. Fortunately, the Dominican-born, Massachusetts raised beauty has a smart personality to match her sweet looks. The former nursing student sat down to chat Christopher Kane, suspenders, and sneezing on the runway.

ELLE: What are must-have items in your bag for fashion week?

CRIS: I have mascara, deodorant, blush; hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works is my thing. It smells so good. I have an eyebrow brusher because I’m really into my eyebrows—my bag is so heavy! I have my journal so I can write down my castings and my thoughts and my goals, who I meet. I try to remember so many people, especially casting directors. I write down the things I try on so if I like something I can go back and look it up.

ELLE: What shoes do you wear to get you through castings?

CRIS: Right now I’m wearing Christopher Kane shoes. I also have a pair from Isabel Marant and Alexander Wang and I switch them throughout the week.

ELLE: What food keeps you going through the week?

CRIS: Granola, apples, bananas—I love fruit.

ELLE: What are you listening to this week?

CRIS: I’ve been into Adele. Sometime it can be stressful so it”s really nice to hear her voice—it’s incredible.

ELLE: Are you on Twitter? Tumblr?

CRIS: I still don’t get how Twitter works. Tumblr I will go on if a photographer takes my picture. It’s a good place to keep up with new faces.

ELLE: What do you think about when you walk down the runway?

CRIS: I try not to think about falling. I always think, “Do I look great? Are the clothes where they are supposed to be?” This season I’ve done two swimwear shows, so I think, “I hope it doesn’t go to the side and show my butt!” I’m always very cautious about the clothing my facial expression. Sometimes I want to laugh and yesterday I actually needed to sneeze so I had to take big breaths and my nose was running. I got nervous! It was underneath the Highline so it was all dusty and the shoes hurt, but it was fine. It’s all worthwhile in the end.

ELLE: What do you like to wear off-duty?

CRIS: Right now I’m wearing Alexander Wang and my little belt is from Zara. I’m laid back; I like to wear slouchy things. I go to H&M to grab little things here and there. I love fashion and I’m learning so much about how to put things together.

ELLE: Do you have a favorite outfit you’ve worn this week?

CRIS: What I was wearing for Band of Outsiders—this jean skirt and a slouchy blouse with suspenders. But the suspenders were backwards and it didn’t look bad at all! They were criss-crossed in the front and when I was trying it on, I was like, “Uhhh…” I was afraid to say, “You have it backwards.” But that’s something I guess I should learn. You can be so creative in fashion, just throwing things on.

elle.com