Kate Moss
Thumbnail

seshiru

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^ very beautiful, and looks a bit like Versace campaign outtake

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashion/kate-moss-2

img-the-originals-kate_104352935443.jpg

ABOVE: KATE MOSS IN LONDON, JUNE 2013. STYLING: KARL TEMPLER. DRESS AND BRACELET: VERSACE.

INTERVIEW: You were really the first model where it was acceptable for any kid to put a picture of you up on their bedroom walls—straight girls, gay girls, straight boys, gay boys. Everyone had Kate Moss up and everyone agreed you were beautiful. Before you got into this business, who did you have up on your walls in your bedroom in Croydon?

KATE MOSS: I had David Bowie and Rob Lowe. I had boys. But I met a friend who had Linda Evangelista on her wall. Those famous Peter Lindbergh pictures.

INTERVIEW: Did you copy her and start putting up fashion images?

MOSS: No, I was always more into boys. But I think I had a Marilyn picture up.

INTERVIEW: Before you got into modeling, were you interested in fashion? Did you covet any clothes?

MOSS: I was more into music, but I also liked fashion. The first time I went to New York, I went with my first boyfriend, Clark. His dad had just bought an apartment in New York and my dad dropped us off and we were there for a week on our own. I must have been 15 or 16. I remember I went to Harlem and bought a goose jacket. That was the hip, hot thing. It was all about a goose. "Oh, she's got a goose." It was a leather goose, and it was so cool.

INTERVIEW: Were you excited to be in New York for the first time?

MOSS: Yeah, I was terrified.

INTERVIEW: Well, New York was terrifying back then.

MOSS: I'd only seen it in movies. With all the fire escapes that people would run down. I was so scared.

INTERVIEW: It was on a trip to New York with your boyfriend at the time, Mario Sorrenti, that you met the people that would later be your agents—Paul Rowland and Jen Ramey. You were on your way to L.A. to work, right?

MOSS: I met Jen and Paul after I'd come back from L.A. Mario and I were in L.A. because we were doing a music video together. And then we ended up staying there for a few weeks. Do you know Sharon Gault? She was "Mama Makeup" in the Madonna Truth or Dare documentary.

INTERVIEW: The one who was roofied and didn't remember how she got back to her hotel room?

MOSS: Yeah. She was the makeup artist on the video we did. Me and Mario were really young. I was 17 and he was 18 or 19, and she said, "Just come and stay with me." So we ended up living with her in L.A. for a while. We loved her. We were her babies. She was like, "My children," and kind of adopted us.

INTERVIEW: Did you like L.A.?

MOSS: Not really. Because we weren't 21 so we couldn't rent a car. We finally found someone who would rent a car but it turned out to be this old banger. So we drove around in that. We had fun.

INTERVIEW: You ended up making London your home. Which makes sense because you're British. Did you always think that would be your home?

MOSS: Yeah, always. But I've lived other places. I lived in New York for seven years, although I was always in denial about it. Even though I had an apartment there, I always pretended I was just visiting. I do love New York. But I'm a Londoner at heart.

INTERVIEW: Does that mean you, like your fellow countrymen and women, were excited beyone belief about Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge delivering a future king to England?

MOSS: I love the Royal Family. The Queen, she's fabulous.

INTERVIEW: Have you met the Queen?

MOSS: Yeah, I have.

INTERVIEW: Were you intimidated at all as a teenager when you first found yourself in a world populated by supermodels like Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, and Christy Turlington? Even just height-wise that must have been a little intimidating.

MOSS: Yeah, but they were nice. And I was quite streetwise. I still knew things. I even knew about some things that they didn't.

INTERVIEW: So you weren't some naïve girl from the country who found herself backstage at a fashion show.

MOSS: Exactly. But they were amazing. They showed me the ropes, really. If I hadn't been with them, I would have been screwed. They really protected me.

INTERVIEW: Still, a runway the first few times must have been daunting.

MOSS: When I started, a lot of the models were still doing their own makeup. Now that's just unheard of. Now you'd never go in and do your own makeup before a show. I never did that—I couldn't. The first time I went to Paris for John [Galliano]'s show, no one knew that I was even a model. All the girls were lined up, and I remember Stéphane Marais said to me, "Are you in the show?" I said, "Yeah." He's like, "Who are you in the show?" I said, "I'm Lolita." He's like, "Oh my god, get her done quick." [laughs] I was just sitting there all day. I'd been there since, like, 10 in the morning. They just didn't take me for a model.

Stuart Weitzman FW 13 digital HQs
post-50732-0-66639700-1377600582_thumb.jpost-50732-0-22295300-1377600588_thumb.jpost-50732-0-04030000-1377600591_thumb.jpost-50732-0-45298100-1377600593_thumb.j

STUART WEITZMAN | FW13 BEHIND THE SCENES

FW13 | KATE MOSS WEARS THE 5050

FW13 | KATE MOSS WEARS THE HIGHLAND

FW13 | KATE MOSS WEARS THE WORKOUT

FW13 | KATE MOSS WEARS THE PIPENOUVEAU

FW13 | KATE MOSS WEARS THE NEGEV

FW13 | KATE MOSS WEARS THE HITEST

daily mail

She is, undoubtedly, the world’s ultimate supermodel. So it makes perfect sense that Kate Moss is the focus of a major new exhibition by French fashion house Louis Vuitton.

The celebrated label have paid tribute to Moss and five other women as part of a brand new interactive exhibition, Timeless Muses, which opens on August 31 at the five-star Tokyo Station Hotel in Japan.

According to fashion bible Vogue, it pays homage to six women who ‘move frontiers’ in their chosen industries

post-16808-0-54065000-1377908768_thumb.j

post-16808-0-18096900-1377908771_thumb.j

post-16808-0-44676000-1377908773_thumb.j

post-16808-0-80692800-1377908775_thumb.j

post-16808-0-08376300-1377908780_thumb.j

post-16808-0-75781800-1377908784_thumb.j

post-16808-0-38643600-1377908788_thumb.j

post-16808-0-30855500-1377908792_thumb.j

post-16808-0-94248200-1377908796_thumb.j