Bellazon

Shiloh Fernandez
Thumbnail

Fashion icon

Q. Is it possible to love somebody from childhood?

Shiloh Fernandez: Yes, I started going out with my high school girl friend when I was 14 and I’ve been kind of seeing her recently. It’s been like 12 years. I’ll probably always love her whether or not I’m with her.

Q. Were the sex scenes originally any longer or more risqué?

Shiloh Fernandez: I thought it was going to be tame and then on the last day of filming it got edited in a way not how it was shot. Basically, the father is killed and we ran outside and have a sex scene. But I think that was too weird. Catherine gave us these books called The Uses of Enchantment and she talked a lot about after death we want that connection. It’s therefore quite likely that people have sex after a loved one dies. So, I showed up and in the script – it’s like you’re taking your shirt off and it cuts. But I took the shirt off and she’s like: “Now take your pants off!” It was the last day of filming and I thought that was hilarious. She was like: “No, we got you this thing.” And she called the costume lady over and she brought this little thong. I thought this was a practical joke but it wasn’t. I wore a thong. We literally had a pretty intense love scene that didn’t make it into the movie. So it did go further.

Q. How was working with Catherine otherwise?

Shiloh Fernandez: It was good. She’s just really enthusiastic and has such a youthful nature and youthful quality it’s hard not to be sucked into that and drawn in. She likes to do things differently, if it’s improv or playing music or her getting in and reading the lines. Those are all things that aren’t so traditional. She really tries to get you out of yourself. And after auditioning eight times and that mundane quality of saying the same lines the same way she really tries to break you out of that. Yes, she’s infectious and really good with those intimate things and understands youth in some way that’s unexplainable.

Q. We hear Amanda also has a playful sense of humour and that she bought you a button to wear at this junket? What does your button say?

Shiloh Fernandez: Wanker! Amanda gave it to me. Shows what she thinks of me. She called me yesterday and said: “Hi, asshole!” She said I bought you something in Paris. I said: “You did? How sweet.” She said: “Yes, it’s a button, says wanker!”

Q. Was she quiet on set?

Shiloh Fernandez: No, she’s dirty. [she has a] dirty mouth [laughs].

Q. What did you take away from working with Gary Oldman and Julie Christie?

Shiloh Fernandez: It’s funny because I didn’t have any interaction with that CGI wolf and didn’t really have any scenes with those two but every morning in the make-up chair Julie Christie would kiss me on the lips. So, I took away that I got to kiss Julie Christie.

part 3

According to Interview Magazine, Shiloh will star in Thomas Dekker’s “The Walk of Fame” which should start shooting this month.

Thomas Dekker [...] has already graduated to write and direct his first feature film, called The Walk of Fame. (It’s set to begin shooting this month with fellow young upstarts Nico Tortorella and Shiloh Fernandez and will be produced by Christine Vachon’s Killer Films.) [...]