Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Forbes Russia, December 2008

Model Heidi Klum watches on a laptop retouched own image - of photography for a new advertising campaign Jordache. "They pulled my chin, and removed the shadows under my eyes ... rounded lips, now they look like silicone! - Resents Klum. - And am I so skinny? ". Klum immediately telephoned my agent and put him on notice that prefers to be an own mind.

Dazzling smile, blond hair just below her shoulders, carved figure - 35-year-old Klum jealously guarding its own image and monitors appearance. It is thanks to her she could become a top model, the leading television shows and sell products of famous brands for women. All this in the past year has brought Klum $ 14 million

However, ever build a career on her own beauty is impossible. Klum had bet on a new generation of young models. In April, five girls gathered in a Los Angeles studio for the filming of the next episode of the show Klum Germany's Next Topmodel - a clone of the popular show America's Next Top Model, which has created and maintains a girlfriend, Heidi, the model Tyra Banks.

As is often the case, future models are subjected to humiliation at a photo shoot. Here are the girls pitched smelly seafood - octopus, shells, crab claws, and host of the show let taunts addressed to the participants. "Do not be such a charming fluff" - advises Klum One of the girls.

However, its beauties Klum chooses, focusing precisely on the exterior, rather than acting capacity. "They want to be models, not TV stars, - says Klum. - I want my show and after they continued to work in this business. " It is not surprising, because the future of girls and their well-being depends. In addition to the $ 2.5 million per year for hosting the show Klum has an interest in all contracts that are entered into its wards (exactly how much, she says, and the standard agency rate is 20%). Shaw Klum signed contracts with Pantene, Microsoft and Sony Ericsson.

Gliding across the stage, Klum look after models and for the fact that the clothes on their backs. She herself in a light gray jeans Jordache, a neck pendant in the shape of clover Mouawad. "You can see my bra is Victoria's Secret? - Klum poses a deadlock photographer. - I like that you are wearing sandals, Birkenstocks, but they must be from my collection. "

Heidi encourages calls to girls who want to get her professional career advice. "I'll see that they have not done any stupid things. For example, they met an agent may seem great ... "- somber Klum.

At age 19 she won a television competition models in Munich, but the victory allowed her to be removed only for modest magazines on knitting. In Paris and Milan have rejected it as being too lively and too "American woman", and in 1995 Klum flew to New York. Her agency Metropolitan unenthusiastic sent Heidi to view along with two other German models, one of which quickly gave up and threw the podium. "I was more ambitious, more savvy," - recalls Klum. A few months later she went on the castings, sometimes ten times a day. First hit the cover, in Mirabella, Klum had difficulty learned themselves: photo was put together from parts of different models. Shortly thereafter, she was on the cover of Self and became known as the queen of women's clothing catalogs Newport-News. Not entirely, of course, Vogue and even Sports Illustrated.

Klum is actively taken up the matter, signed a contract with a new agency and aims at cooperating with the manufacturer of fashionable women's underwear Victoria's Secret. The agent said that she was not good enough for this company. "It's great, but I would like them to say it to my face" - recalls Klum its response to the agent. Soon she was splashing in the Caribbean Sea off the coast of the island of Mustique on the set for Victoria's Secret catalog and quickly became a regular model of the company - their relationship has lasted 11 years. Klum oldest of the "angels" - so the company called its core models, she has just renewed a contract for $ 3.8 million per year. "If they will give angel wings when I'll be 40?" - Doubts Heidi. "Well, if she wants it - says marketing director Edward Racek, who has 10 years personally selects models for the company. - It is absolutely indispensable. You can not just go out and hire another Heidi Klum.

Klum had the business, when models such as Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell have been popular as a movie star. Those times are long behind us, now, models tend to engage in related business. In 1999, Klum was signed with the marketing giant IMG World. "As a model you will never be taken seriously, perhaps deservedly so," - she recalled his unsuccessful acting experience. This is partly the reason that, when in 2002 one of the founders of Miramax Harvey Weinstein offered her cooperation in creating a show about models and modeling business, she was not sure of a positive response. "I do not think that will look good on screen" - recalls Klum. Still agreed.

Reality show Project Runway, in which neraskruchennye designers compete for a prize of $ 100,000 and the opportunity to work in the famous house of fashion, started in 2004. Already in the first season of the show was nominated for Emmy award and became one of the hits in the Bravo network television company NBC Universal - by the end of its 2 million viewers watched. Heidi has received approximately $ 1.3 million a year as host of the show and another $ 350,000 as its executive producer. Final last season watched 3.8 million viewers from 18 to 49 years, 10% more than in the previous year. This was a record for Bravo.

However, not all that bright. In April, the show migrated to the channel Lifetime, which is laid out for him creators of $ 150 million, NBC said a lawsuit. Weinstein so far not reacted. Bravo refused to comment on.

Can the success of Project Runway again on Lifetime? Because this network is better known female melodrama than lean ladies with model catwalks and designers-gay. CEO Andrea Wong, Lifetime vows not to change anything in the script, but the producers of the show will remain on Bravo.

Klum is still in business. Now she owns one third of the show itself, all its franchises and licensing agreements. Her fame and popularity are still exploited in advertising campaigns, and Victoria's Secret Jordache, and in Germany - McDonald's, Volkswagen, Fontanis and Schwarzkopf.

Klum is married to a British pop singer of Seal, they have three small children. She says she is happy. But crushing burden of past years. Why not take advantage of the opportunities offered by life? Klum recently launched a line of anti-aging cosmetics In an Instant, and immediately took a turn teleshopinga marketing giant Guthy-Renker.

Heidi Klum & Seal Make Vow Renewal a Family Event

By Stephen M. Silverman

Friday May 07, 2010 08:20 AM EDT

5de12b5a.jpg

Just as they traditionally do every year – including their retro-costumed version last year – Heidi Klum and Seal are set to renew their vows, in a ceremony this weekend that will also mark their fifth wedding anniversary.

Speaking about the celebration-to-be, Klum tells Redbook for its June issue (on sale May 25): "We love to renew our vows. It's our time – a lovely family time. It's about remembering this moment of love we gave to each other and reinforcing it."

Then there's the attraction for children Leni, 6, Henry, 4, Johan, 3, and Lou, 7 months. "It's so special to us, something we love and something our children have gotten accustomed to," says the Project Runway host, 36. "It's like, 'Hey, Mom and Dad love each other and they get married every year!' "

Expressing his view of their tradition, Seal, 47, says, "Each year, Heidi and I get remarried. It's a great party, but for about an hour, we go off on our own down to a private beach. We sit there with the kids and read vows to each other as the sun sets. It's a very special moment to us."

Speaking admiringly of her "sexy and handsome" husband, Klum gushes, "I don't know why I got so lucky. I have to pinch myself often and say, 'Is this just a dream?' Not only do I love my husband for the obvious reasons (ahem, his sex appeal), but also he is one of the kindest, most loving men I have ever met.

"He is sexy to me because he is fearless and not afraid to show his emotions. He is a supersexy, hot kisser and … he is sexy to me because he can be singing in front of 25,000 people one minute and, the next, be changing our daughter's diaper."

people.com

Heidi Klum Wears Bikini for First Time Since Having Fourth Kid

Friday – May 07, 2010 – 12:13pm

Very hot mama.

On Thursday, Heidi Klum stepped out in a bikini for the first time since giving birth to her fourth child, daughter Lou, last year.

The mother of four, 36, is on a family getaway in Mexico. (To mark their fifth wedding anniversary, she and husband Seal are set to renew their vows this weekend.)

Getting her pre-baby body back wasn't simple.

"You don't walk out of the hospital and get right back into your 27s," Klum told February's InStyle.

So how did she shed 25 lbs. in just six weeks?

Not only did she cut out carbs, she also relied on light workouts using an exercise ball.

She also has credited her good genes.

During her pregnancy, "I never really had so many cravings or weight issues [during pregnancy]," she recently told Modelinia.com.

Being a mother to Leni, 6, Henry, 4, Johan, 3, and Lou, 7 months also keeps her active. "I think you should have a great time with it," she has said of motherhood. "It's such an amazing experience."

812239_c712c612.jpg 812240_3d71bf40.jpg

joyride Yes! I really think she looks amazing, because I remember the pictures two years ago, from the same Mexico (in a green swimsuit), where she had a much worse form. In the end, do not forget that she was the mother of four children. Do not think that talking about "she looks amazing!" I compare it with Kurkova or Bundchen (Lima, I did not even mention because I hate it) - they are younger and just gave birth to her first child, I believe that for 36 years, a mother of 4 children for the wonderful photo models, it looks luxurious. And about the headlines ... you know, you can even the model of the models photographed and described so that would be scary.

And in the end is always my personal humble opinion - I think Heidi looks amazing!