Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Rise 'n' Shine: Heidi Klum & Seal Dissed by Karl Lagerfeld Again!

by http://www.eonline.com

• We're not quite sure why Karl Lagerfeld hates Heidi Klum so much, but the famed designer has publicly bashed the Victoria's Secret model yet again. Having previously claimed she was too fat for the catwalk, now he says no one in Paris has ever even heard of her, not even Claudia Schiffer. Additionally, the kind soul attacks her husband, Seal, mocking his skin (which has scars leftover from a childhood illness).

Michael Kors and Heidi Klum Speak Out for Breast Cancer

http://www.wwd.com/retail-news/michael-kor...er-2167590#/wwd

Michael Kors and Heidi Klum, “Project Runway” collaborators, are extending their rapport to a charitable cause.

The duo has been tapped by Saks Fifth Avenue and The Breast Cancer Research Foundation for Saks’ 2009 Key to the Cure campaign — with Klum serving as this year’s ambassador and Kors designing the limited edition T-shirt that benefits the cause.

post-2141-1245086011_thumb.jpg

The public service announcement, featuring Klum wearing Kors’ T-shirt, will appear in fashion and lifestyle magazines in September and October. The $40 T-shirt will launch at Saks Fifth Avenue stores, its Off 5th units and on saks.com on Oct. 1, with a part of the proceeds going to local charity partners.

For Kors, participating in this campaign also means much to him personally. The mother of Lance Le Pere, executive vice president and creative director at his company and Kors’ partner, passed away from breast cancer, and the designer has had many people in his family, as well as his friends, affected by the disease.

Kors was full of praise for the program and Evelyn Lauder, who founded Breast Cancer Research Foundation in 1993, for their achievements. “The number of advances have been pretty remarkable in the last few years, and I think that keeping the noise about the situation up is so important,” he said. “If this is a way that I can give back and at the same time design something that perhaps makes you feel a little glamorous and puts a bit of a smile on your face, it is a triple win-win.”

“It’s important that we all work continuously to find the cure for cancer and to find answers,” Klum said. “This year’s T-shirt is fabulous and not just because Michael, my fashion inspiration and great friend, designed it. It’s fun and comfortable and really a great gift for yourself or a family member or friend that you can give to support a very worthy cause.”

The designer drew design inspiration for the T-shirt from both Klum and Lauder. “In my mind, I was thinking, what do these two women have in common?” he said. “Both of them have a great sense of humor, they both appreciate glamour. I was playing around with it, and when I was down in Florida, I thought, ‘I love the idea of Palm Beach punk, because I always love the idea of taking a panther print, and in pink, it is feminine and glamorous. Every woman I know wants to live in white jeans, so if you can throw it on with white jeans or a skinny black pant, it’s the perfect thing.”

Once again, Saks is organizing a special charity shopping weekend around the initiative. This year, it will take place Oct. 15 to 18, and Saks plans to donate 2 percent of sales up to $250,000 to local and national women’s cancer organizations and research centers. In addition, Saks will make a $500,000 contribution to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Over the past 10 years, these shopping weekends at Saks have generated more than $32 million toward cancer research.

Klum and Kors join a lengthy list of celebrities and designers who have participated in this campaign. Gwyneth Paltrow was its ambassador last year, and Karl Lagerfeld designed the special T-shirt. Others have included Hilary Swank with a T-shirt by Diane von Furstenberg, Renée Zellweger with Juicy Couture, Glenn Close with Oscar de la Renta, Charlize Theron with Marc Jacobs and Nicole Kidman with Stella McCartney.

“We really could not have thought of a better and more natural collaboration for the campaign than to have Michael behind the design of the shirt and Heidi as the face of it,” Saks’ chairman and chief executive officer Stephen I. Sadove said. “I believe that their partnership for KTTC will be another tremendous success that people will really embrace and one that helps Saks keep the momentum in our efforts to raise money for cancer research and treatment.”

Heidi is featured in a new book by Michael J. Berland and Douglas L. Schoen: "What Makes You Tick? How Successful People Do It - And What You Can Learn from Them".

post-2141-1245086431_thumb.jpg

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31370092

Heidi Klum (the super-model who broke the mold by becoming a mega-successful TV host and producer, and leader of a best-selling European fashion and beauty line) told us that having diverse pursuits is what has worked for her: “I love that I have so many different things going on in my life, and that’s what I thrive on.”

2009 CFDA Fashion Awards: Heidi Klum.

A very pregnant Heidi Klum looked electric in her metallic draped dress at the CFDA awards tonight. Klum is one of those women that always look radiant, and pregnancy only adds to that. Never afraid to show off her legs, Heidi worked that dress, along with the matching Christian Louboutin heels.

2009_CFDA_Fashion_8373.jpg

Sealed with a kiss: Pregnant Heidi Klum shares a tender airport farewell with husband

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:57 PM on 15th June 2009

They're know in Hollywood as the couple who can't keep their hands off each other.

And yesterday proved no exception for Heidi Klum and her singer husband Seal.

The pair, who celebrated their four-year wedding anniversary last month by renewing their vows, exchanged a romantic kiss as the model prepared to jet out of Los Angeles airport.

The Project Runaway host, who is pregnant with her fourth child, was flying out with Leni, her daughter from a prior relationship with Formula 1 boss Flavio Briatore.

The five-year-old also got a farewell hug and kiss from Seal, who has helped raise her since birth.

The couple's two sons Henry Günther, 3, and Johan Riley, 2, sat the airport trip out.

Victoria's Secret model, 35, is expecting a girl this time around, much to the delight of the entire family.

Prior to discovering the baby's sex, she admitted: 'We'd be happy with either. But it would be a lie if I said we all weren't hoping for a little girl -- especially Leni, because she would love to have a little sister.'

Heidi certainly hasn't let the pregnancy slow her down and last month she stepped in as guest editor for the German edition of Vogue magazine.

Unsurprisingly, she selected herself as the cover girl and says she revelled in the experience.

'It was a thrill working with the team of photographers, hair stylists, makeup artists and editors,' she told American's People magazine. 'We shot the entire issue in 1 week - it was a group effort!'

She hasn't ruled out taking the helm once more, adding: 'I would love the opportunity to be involved in a magazine like this again. I