Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Heidi Klum: 'I Used to Pee My Pants A Lot'

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/remote-pat...y-pa-39085.aspx

Supermodel/Project Runway Host Heidi Klum is trading whiny, sometimes witty designers for whiny, routinely witty kiddos in her new show Seriously Funny Kids, premiering Feb. 1 on Lifetime. The show is reminiscent of Bill Cosby's Kids Say the Darndest Things and is in fact executive produced by one of the men behind Cosby's show.

I had a chance to take part in a conference call with Heidi in which she very candidly talked about the show, mommyhood and her "hot and sexy" husband, Seal.

There's an old saying: Never work with children or animals ... how would you modify that statement?

Heidi: It is true. Someone was very wise by saying that. It is very, very hard. Going into this I thought it was going to be much easier, mainly because I have four children myself. They have their days when they all have a breakdown at the same time, and it's stressful, but at the end of the day I know them and if I change my tone of voice they know, "Uh oh, we better listen to mommy or we might not get popcorn at the movies!" I can't do that with the kids on this show, so you just have to be open minded and just go with the flow.

A lot of people remember the Bill Cosby show Kids Say the Darndest Things: How is your show different?

Heidi: The contact with the children is similar. In terms of it being different, Bill Cosby is a professional, an actor, comedian, someone who grew up with it and I'm not. Even with Project Runway, I hosted it, but I'm not a professional host; this is not what I've learned to do. So to go out there and be in front of an audience and have to be funny and tell jokes, it's a little nerve wracking.

What are you learning about how kids see the world these days?

Heidi: Just talk to the kids and they'll answer you. They're honest. You ask them questions like, "What is the most annoying thing about adults?" and they say "They're on their 'machines' all the time." They're talking about their computer or their Blackberry. And I do it too; you know we live in a world where people get mad when you don't respond to an email in 20 minutes and it's just ridiculous! Kids notice that stuff.

What has been your favorite moment captured from the show?

Heidi: I have to say there's a lot of them obviously. We would do pranks, hidden camera bits and I love the hidden camera bits. There are so many kids that want to be actors or want to be on TV, and when they're not on camera, they act so different. Like sometimes we'll be talking on set, and I'm like "Are you talking to me or are you talking to the audience?" So, it's very funny to see how different they act when they think no one is watching.

What's the most embarrassing thing you did as a kid that you think is funny now?

Heidi: My parents once took a video of myself where they filmed me while I was sleeping and were talking to me and I was responding in my sleep. They would play it all the time, and it was pretty embarrassing. Also, I would pee in my pants a lot. You know, I didn't like to go at school, and I would hold it in all day. And I would walk home and just have to go so bad by the time I reached the front door that I usually didn't make it.

What's one of the funniest thing one of your kids has said?

Heidi: Leni [Daughter Helene, 6] a few months ago said, "Who's older? Are you older or is Oma?" Oma being my mom. It didn't even occur to her to actually look at our ages, it just seemed like a matter of fact question!

You and your husband [singer Seal] are obviously still very into each other. How do you keep your marriage so hot?

Heidi: Number one: You have to marry someone who you think is really hot and sexy. We've been married for seven years, and I still look at him and think he's hot and sexy. You also need to put time aside for yourselves, to have conversations about something other than the kids. Talk about more than the new tooth that so-and-so has coming in, stay interested in each other's lives.

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2011/01/16/he...sly-funny-kids/

Heidi Klum has a new show coming up next month on Lifetime called “Seriously Funny Kids“. The show will be along the lines of “Kids Say the Darndest Things“, featuring pranks, interviews, and kids just being their funny, unedited selves. The seriously busy mom took some time to chat candidly with I’m Not Obsessed and a few other blogs about the show, her family, and her own embarrassing childhood moments.

Do your parents have any embarrassing stories from your childhood that they like to tell people?

“No, but I have this video of myself where they filmed me when I was sleeping and then they were talking to me while I was sleeping and I actually had my eyes open and I was half asleep talking to them, which is quite funny, but I thought it was so mean back then.”

"I would pee my pants a lot! That was always very embarrassing. I never really loved going to the bathroom at school. So I would hold it in all day – which is the worst thing to do. So from holding it in all day and then walking home from school and then I would ring the doorbell and it was like when you are just SO CLOSE and then just the thought of it and then my mom couldn’t get to the door quick enough so most of the time, I’d pee my pants.”

We know Heidi and Seal are always gushing about one another and seem to just radiate this “love glow” all the time. She shares how she stays so passionate with her husband after seven years together:

"I think key #1 is you have to marry someone who you think is really, really hot and sexy. I look at my husband and we’ve been together for 7 years and he’s the hottest man. I still look at him and he’s hot and sexy."

Heidi shared that Seal obviously has many amazing qualities as a father and husband, but that she still gets those butterflies in her stomach when she sees him. :)

When asked about how they find time to work on their marriage with four kids under foot, she says:

“it’s with everything – you just have to do it. It’s the same with cleaning the house or going to the gym, you have choices and when you say you want to do it – you should do it. We have our kids and we love our kids, but we also love each other so you have to have time for each other. “

She shared that some nights she’ll be tired, but after the kids are in bed, if they have someone there to watch them, they’ll hop in the car and go grab a bite to eat and have some adult time to just talk and connect.

They also take getaway vacations together. Recently they took a family holiday together in Italy and then they dropped the kids by her parents in Germany and spent 5 days in London together.

“you have to steal some time away together and I know it’s hard, not everyone can do that, not everyone can have a nanny. “

On how she injects humor into her day to day life:

“The kids are funny by themselves. It’s just them. I don’t have to push them along to be funny. They are their own little creatures. It’s never boring in our house.

Heidi shared that they did have a great family night recently when their son Henry, 5, wanted his head shaved so he could be like his dad and Kobe Bryant. She was a little sad to let his beautiful hair go, but she shared:

“it’s his own head, it’s his own hair. I don’t want my kids to always get what they want, but when it’s something like hair… “

If she could give parents one piece of advice, it’d be BEFORE they had kids:

"Before you have children, you have to really know that your world is about to change. More than anything you have ever given to anything in your life. You have to be clear about what you are doing because you have to be responsible for them."

Heidi shared that she was inspired to do “Seriously Funny Kids” after she appeared on “I Get That A Lot“, where she posed as a pizza parlor worker who just “looked” like Heidi Klum. She said the producer told her she was really funny and so good with improv and told her about the show he was developing, so Heidi jumped on board because she loved the concept and obviously loves kids.

I wonder if Heidi and Seal are still doing the other reality show they were working on together? I forgot about it until just now, otherwise I would have asked her!

It airs on February 1st on Lifetime at 9pm – with back to back episodes on the first night.

http://celebritybabyscoop.com/2011/01/17/h...nt-at-our-house

From supermodel to supermom, Heidi Klum seems able to do it all. Now the beautiful Project Runway host is set to tackle a new project as the host of Lifetime's Seriously Funny Kids, which debuts on February 1.

The multi-talented mom tells Celebrity Baby Scoop all about her new project and her own hilarious kids Leni, 6, Henry, 5, Johan, 4, and Lou, 1 - and shares the secret to her very happy marriage.

CBS: You're getting set to host the new reality show Seriously Funny Kids. How different is it working with kids?

HK: "It is very challenging working with kids, even though I have four of my own. My kids know me and they know their limits but the kids I work with aren’t mine and it takes a while to figure out who they are. Sometimes I can talk with them for an hour and nothing funny happens! I don’t have a script for them so with this project I’ve learned to be opened minded and go with the flow. All in all they all just really innocent and wonderful. Working on Seriously Funny Kids is a totally new experience for me; now I have an audience and I’m not a professional host in this area. I look back at videos of Bill Cosby and the kids were so well behaved! Today’s kids are different I think because of the computer and they definitely talk back more. I was so quiet as a kid; I would have gotten in so much trouble! But it’s a different time now."

CBS: You have four adorable children- what are some of the funny things they say/do?

HK: "My kids are so funny! They are definitely their own people. I just shaved Henry’s head because he wants to look like Daddy and Kobe Bryant. He is really his own little creature- I loved his blond-tipped hair but he wanted it off. So Daddy video tapped it while I cut it really short and then I got the clippers out and buzzed it off! He loves and Leni thought it was absolutely hilarious. However, Johan loves his long hair and thought he was nuts! It’s in a Ziploc bag now. That was such a fun family night- there’s never a boring moment at our house!"

CBS: What are some of the favorite things you like to do with your kids?

HK: "I try to be a kid with them. I don’t take myself too seriously. I try to understand where they are coming from. We try to have fun as a family. I always loved that about my parents- they let me do fun things. Be wild and crazy! Get dirty! You have to give them a certain amount of freedom to be themselves. My house is not a museum- we play and live in it. We always do arts and crafts and we paint. We have a beautiful garden and we go outside every day. I like that they’re active and I like to change it up; I want to keep it level as too much of the computer is bad, but the computer is necessary too- it’s the way of the world now. Leni is into Ballet and the boys karate; we have an art teacher come out every week and inspires them into wonderful projects! I try and make things into memories, like welcome home signs for Daddy, and they do that for me too. They are being taught that you have to participate within the family- it’s not just about them individually."

CBS: What sort of mom are you?

HK: "When we are around the children we really make an effort to be appropriate. For example, we don’t curse around them. I trying to teach them to be proper and have manners. I’m no saint, but we really want them to grow up and be respectful and appropriate."

CBS: You and your husband seem so in love- what’s your secret?

HK: "I believe you have to marry someone that you think is really hot and sexy! The other night we met out for dinner and arrived in separate cars. I was waiting for him and when he finally walked in, I was like, 'that’s my man!!!' I still get butterflies! I also think we work on being hot for each other; exercising and eating right. I want to look good for him. I think it’s really important."

CBS: How do you and Seal find the time with kids and busy work schedules to spend time alone?

HK: "You have to do it! It’s the same with everything in life- you have to make choices; you have to. We love our kids but we love each other too so we run off and do grown up things- talk about grown up things. You can’t just talk about missing teeth or poop all the time! We talk about vacations and what’s troubling each other- you have to do those things. You have to steal time away together."

CBS: What is your best advice for expecting parents?

HK: "Before you have kids you have to really know your whole world is about to completely change. You are responsible for them and you need to really clear on that. Try to see it from the kid’s side; you have to understand them. If you’ve got 20 emails to get through the emails can wait. If your child hasn’t seen you all day you have to understand they need you- you’re all they’ve got!"

CBS: How do you look so gorgeous after 4 kids?! What is your secret?

HK: "Believe me, I have my bad days too. But, I’ve always been fit. It has to do with my job. Early on in my career I learned how to cook healthy for myself and eat right. I gained 45 pounds with each pregnancy and had 9 pound kids! But, I was fit before I got pregnant so I went back pretty easily. I didn’t use pregnancy as an excuse to eat jugs of Haagen Dazs and I breast feed each of them for 8 months- that really helps too. And I moved around- a lot! However, getting older is different and your metabolism changes. I believe that you are what you eat and I choose to eat healthy. My brain after all these years is just trained that way. Again, it’s all about choices in life."