Bellazon

Model age, is it a big deal?

Expresso

azure, what´s in the video? I can´t hear the sound (my pc SUCKS).

In the video models talk about how new models under 20 are put on a pedestal. She says that agents forbid them to admit their age if they are 25 or they wont be booked for jobs because the ideal age is 16. Siri Tollerod says that she continued to tell casting directors that she was 18 until she was over 20

:blink:

azure, what´s in the video? I can´t hear the sound (my pc SUCKS).

In the video models talk about how new models under 20 are put on a pedestal. She says that agents forbid them to admit their age if they are 25 or they wont be booked for jobs because the ideal age is 16. Siri Tollerod says that she continued to tell casting directors that she was 18 until she was over 20

:blink:

Thank you!

Damn, that´s crazy, isn´t it? Now modeling is about age and not look??? :blink: What the hell is happening??

What's interresting to me is while all this is going on, celebrities only become more and more empowered to usurp model's position more and more. The mainstream market isn't going to accept every random whim trend that strikes the fancy of the industry, all the while (especially as looks become more and more the primary priority for women in music, tv and movies) celebs are only empowered to infringe on model territory more and more every year. We've already seen it with Vogue covers and cosmetics commercials and you always hear people making these excuses like, "models are losing it because its so hard to be a model now" lol. Their losing their place because the industry doesn't care what the public thinks and the film, tv and music industry do and as the industry trends allienate the mainstream, those industries believe in suply and demand :whistle: . We're seing more celebs in SI swimsuit and more actress/singer cosmetics and fragrance commercials than ever, pretty soon there may be actresses in VSFS :laugh::ninja: . But it all boils down to weird trends = scare marketers = more modeling opportunities for celebs = money the industry could have had.

Also, what do you guys think about this? A model friend of mine said that she would probably look haggard when she got older because of all the layers of makeup she had to wear all the time for work. Also, her hair was breaking off from all the blowdrying, dyeing and hair styling products they did for shoots. So do you think starting modeling at an early age will age you quicker than living a normal life would? Just a random thought that popped up.

I don't really know, I guess it also depends if she puts on lots of make-up off-work and what kind of skin care she uses. And if she smokes etc. :whistle:

But I remember reading some article good few months ago that designers want young models on the cawalk, because even if they get tired, their skin is still "fresh" and regenerates faster than let's say skin of a 20 something model-so this is why you rarely see girls in their 20s deciding to debut in modelling.