Bellazon

Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

I don't know if that's the way u explained it it's right.

I always thought that topmodel was bigger then supermodel but i guess not.

See NONE of my friends know who KK or Daria is....I guess cuz they aren't intrested in fashion and even the ones that are stilldon't know any big models . Except Gisele ofcourse everbody knows who she is...She is a celebrity ppl that don't care about fashion forget that she is a model & that's the reason sheis famous.

Only 1 girl i know which is a "model" (not real really) knows like who daria & gemma & heather & adriana & etc are...

But nobody else...So they are i guess top models but not supermodels?

I don't know who Daria is either! Whoever she is, she is not in KK's class. Lets put it this way, VS is by far the number one place to work for. Sports Illustrated a distant second. If you work for them, you made it big. If you made the covers of these two, well....Nuff said.

And it is funny, that a lot of my friends and a lot of latin people i know, have no idea who Gisele is. Or Lima or Alessandra for that matter. They all know Tyra though... Just because you don't have a Project Runway doesn't mean you can't be a supermodel.

Heres another wall I just made from another old pic.

post-1500-1153544805_thumb.jpg

i think that the era of the 1990s was more than just about the models. the reason why everyone knew Cindy, Linda, Naomi, Christy & Claudia was because actors and actresses weren't on the covers of magazines even remotely as often as now.

Claudia Schiffer has over 500 magazine covers. Cindy has over 600. Naomi has more than any other black cultural icon (more than Oprah, Whitney, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, etc).

When you looked at the magazine rack in 1992, you saw the same 5 faces over and over and over and over and over again. THAT'S why they were SO well known.

Today, even though KK is perhaps the most successful model (after Gisele & Kate) she still only has about 80 covers, v.s. say .. .Gwyneth Paltrow who probably has 200. see where i'm going with this? it's about exposure and the models just aren't getting it nowadays.

Cindy, Naomi, Linda, Christy & Claudia were in music videos and in Pepsi ads and in the entertainment magazines (the few that existed back then). now, the big contracts go to international popstars like Beyonce or Britney, and even the majority of international cosmetics and fragrance contracts are given to actresses instead of models. its just a different time now.

I don't know who Daria is either! Whoever she is, she is not in KK's class. Lets put it this way, VS is by far the number one place to work for. Sports Illustrated a distant second. If you work for them, you made it big. If you made the covers of these two, well....Nuff said.

post-1500-1153544805_thumb.jpg

Don't say that about Daria when you don't know who she is. Daria is 1 of the best of the best Canadian models (if u ask me the # 1) and 1 of the most recognized faces in the fashion industry. Daria is ALL about high fashion i don't think she would ever sign a cotract wit VS even if she had the chance she is way above that. I seriously cannot imagine her wit VS EVER(and i hope she'll not) or like Jessica Stam & Gemma ward they're all about high fashion and Daria is very known for that.

But don't get me wrong VS it's great , but it's not # 1 in my opinion . And i think most of the Vs angeals are known becouse of Vs! And Daria is knnown she doesn't need no vs or sport Illustrated contract.

I honestly believe she will be an Icon 1 day.

I wouldn't think KK will get it this year as she's already worn it once, they rarely have the same model doing it twice. I think the main candidates for it this year seem to be Alessandra or Adriana but who knows until the show airs....

Edited by cutebunny121