Bellazon

Christina Aguilera
Thumbnail

Nebucadnezar

The Back To Basics Tour DVD is to be filmed on the Adelaide/Sydney venues!

A BABY bump may have been just noticeable but there was no denying the vocal gymnastics of pop diva Christina Aguilera at the Entertainment Centre last night.

She wowed a sellout crowd with a show that was a celebration of music past and present.

With a 12-piece band and dance moves that were a cross between war-time dancehall and the latest MTV video clips, Aguilera began with her trademark vocal then launched into hit single Ain't No Other Man.

Songs from the new album dominated the set, but fans were out of the seats for old hits like What A Girl Wants and Slow Down Baby.

There were plenty of costume changes but the first class band, including a brass section and Motown inspired backing vocalists, kept the atmosphere intense.

Early in the show Aguilera promised the audience she would take them on a journey, only really slowing things down to sing Oh Mother.

The singer introduced Oh Mother by paying tribute to her own mother and talking about her childhood as a victim of domestic abuse.

While Aguilera's last visit to Adelaide was for the raunchy and controversial Stripped album, last night's show was all class.

Aguilera's cool, showgirl facade dropped during the song Still Dirrty (note: correct spelling) when the singer pumped the air and ran across the stage impressing upon the girls in the audience to be true to themselves.

About 100 tickets were released for sale this morning through Ticketek for tonight's show.

Adelaide band Lowrider got the show under way, looking at home on the large stage and playing a set heavy on deep funk grooves.

Aguilera's Adelaide and Sydney concerts are being filmed as part of a live DVD from the tour.

Source: news.com.au

really awesome for sure

The Most Expensive Celebs-wedding (Forbes Magazine)

1. Liza Minelli and David Gest

2. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills

3. Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar

4. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes

5. Elizabeth Taylor and Larry Fortensky

6. Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman

7. Elton John and David Furnish

8. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones

9. Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren

10. Eddie Murphy and Nicole Mitchell

11. Pierce Brosnan and Keely Shaye Smith

12. Madonna and Guy Ritchie

13. Donald Trump and Melania Knauss

14. Tori Spelling and Charlie Shanian

15. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston

16. David and Victoria Beckham

17. Ashley Judd andDario Franchitti

18. Mariah Carey and Tommy Mottola

19. Marc Anthony and Dayanara Torres

20. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban

christinaaguilerababybusn5.jpg

and exclusive behind the scenes shoot..

bhts0907christina2240x3bk8.jpg

Photographer Mark Abrahams photographed Christina, who was sporting a new, longer hairdo. In a frank interview, the singer opens up about her dark childhood, happy marriage and her desire for kids. On the subject of babies, she revealed: "I definitely want my children to know Spanish, that's important. It's something that I want to start speaking early on in the house, so I'm brushing up on my Spanish and taking out my lesson tapes on tour."

bhts0907christina240x36or6.jpg

The In Style team flew out to LA to shoot Christina Aguilera for the September issue. Stylist Jackie Dixon chose an ultra-glamorous wardrobe for the super star, who said: "I wanted to look like a Hollywood starlet, a classic beauty queen who took pride in the way she looked... You know, I really did like the shoot because we played around with feathered boas and hats and created a set. A good dress-up shoot."