Bellazon

Nadia Bjorlin
Thumbnail

AdrianaLima

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/nadia-..._medium=twitter

Nadia Bjorlin discusses her departure from Days of our Lives & new beginnings!

Many long time Days of our Lives fans were extremely disheartened to hear the news that Nadia Bjorlin had been written out of the NBC soap to make way for the new reset version of the series to debut in late September. Bjorlin, who for over a decade played Chloe Lane had more twists and turns thrown at her during her run, that soap fans were left bewildered at times at what the writers were thinking! In recent months, the show had Chloe as a prostitute! That was a far cry from the endearing “Ghoul Girl”, who we all knew that underneath those glasses and frumpy sweater was a raving beauty!

On-Air On-Soaps caught up with Nadia at the season three Venice kick-off on Sunday night and we discussed: how she felt about Chloe’s ending, her final days on the set, what she would have liked to see happen for her beleaguered character, those amazing fans who have followed her on the show and elsewhere, and what is next in her blooming career. So without further ado, here is what Nadia had to say about it all!

Nadia Bjorlin: “Days of our Lives has been such an amazing huge part of my life and I will always be so grateful to them. It would have been 12 years come this October for me on the show as that is when I started working there. I loved playing “Ghoul Girl”. And I adore Chloe and all of her faults as well. Realistically, I was not happy towards the end. OK, I was not happy at all. I felt it was really out of character for Chloe to end up this way. I tried my best to redeem her, but sometimes as an actress there is only so much you can do. But I have always adored the place and everyone who works there.

We had to tape these party scenes my last week of work, and it kind of felt appropriate. I mean, we were doing a little celebrating as well at work. Just the fact that everyone was there and I could go to lunch with them, or some nights because we were working late I got to go to dinner with them and so that made it special. It felt very nostalgic and like the good ole’ days of the long working hours. It was fun to talk to everybody and have a proper goodbye.

On one level it does feel like the end of an era, but it does not feel like the end for me. Never say never on Days of our Lives and off screen, all of these people will continue to be in my life. And you never know what is going to happen. I was completely touched by how many people sent so much love and support on Twitter. Fans sent flowers, chocolates, and cakes and foods, and frankly, I was ill by Friday night from all the sugar I had been consuming. (Laughs) It was a nice last day that is for sure.

I think my last airdate is September 28th, and they leave it very open ended for Chloe. It was kind of sweet that my last scene was with Brady and it was kind of a full circle moment. Eric Martsolf (Brady) and I were kind of joking that, “For four years they have kept us apart and we never even spoke with each other!” (Laughs) But at least now at the very end they do connect in some way. I would have liked to have seen Brady and Chloe truly reconnect. I think that would have been appropriate and fun. I think there was a story there that was not told. I felt regardless if you are a Broe or Phloe fan; neither story got its chance. Right as Phillip and Chloe got reconnected, Jay Johnson (Ex-Phillip) left the show, and right after that, I am leaving the show. So, I never really got to explore the good ole’ days of that love triangle with Phillip and Brady. I was hoping that would be in the cards, but it wasn’t.

But I am really excited about all the new projects I am working on! I am going to do a movie in August, and have been cast as one of the three leads in an independent film that is a romantic comedy. It is called Divorce Invitation with Jonathan Bennett, Jamie-Lyn Sigler and Elliot Gould. It is an awesome cast. There are other things on the horizon right now. I think very shortly there will be announcement involving another show I am involved as well. And of course, I am so excited about season three of Venice and playing Lara. So good things are happening!”

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/nadia-..._medium=twitter

Nadia Bjorlin discusses her departure from Days of our Lives & new beginnings!

Many long time Days of our Lives fans were extremely disheartened to hear the news that Nadia Bjorlin had been written out of the NBC soap to make way for the new reset version of the series to debut in late September. Bjorlin, who for over a decade played Chloe Lane had more twists and turns thrown at her during her run, that soap fans were left bewildered at times at what the writers were thinking! In recent months, the show had Chloe as a prostitute! That was a far cry from the endearing “Ghoul Girl”, who we all knew that underneath those glasses and frumpy sweater was a raving beauty!

On-Air On-Soaps caught up with Nadia at the season three Venice kick-off on Sunday night and we discussed: how she felt about Chloe’s ending, her final days on the set, what she would have liked to see happen for her beleaguered character, those amazing fans who have followed her on the show and elsewhere, and what is next in her blooming career. So without further ado, here is what Nadia had to say about it all!

Nadia Bjorlin: “Days of our Lives has been such an amazing huge part of my life and I will always be so grateful to them. It would have been 12 years come this October for me on the show as that is when I started working there. I loved playing “Ghoul Girl”. And I adore Chloe and all of her faults as well. Realistically, I was not happy towards the end. OK, I was not happy at all. I felt it was really out of character for Chloe to end up this way. I tried my best to redeem her, but sometimes as an actress there is only so much you can do. But I have always adored the place and everyone who works there.

We had to tape these party scenes my last week of work, and it kind of felt appropriate. I mean, we were doing a little celebrating as well at work. Just the fact that everyone was there and I could go to lunch with them, or some nights because we were working late I got to go to dinner with them and so that made it special. It felt very nostalgic and like the good ole’ days of the long working hours. It was fun to talk to everybody and have a proper goodbye.

On one level it does feel like the end of an era, but it does not feel like the end for me. Never say never on Days of our Lives and off screen, all of these people will continue to be in my life. And you never know what is going to happen. I was completely touched by how many people sent so much love and support on Twitter. Fans sent flowers, chocolates, and cakes and foods, and frankly, I was ill by Friday night from all the sugar I had been consuming. (Laughs) It was a nice last day that is for sure.

I think my last airdate is September 28th, and they leave it very open ended for Chloe. It was kind of sweet that my last scene was with Brady and it was kind of a full circle moment. Eric Martsolf (Brady) and I were kind of joking that, “For four years they have kept us apart and we never even spoke with each other!” (Laughs) But at least now at the very end they do connect in some way. I would have liked to have seen Brady and Chloe truly reconnect. I think that would have been appropriate and fun. I think there was a story there that was not told. I felt regardless if you are a Broe or Phloe fan; neither story got its chance. Right as Phillip and Chloe got reconnected, Jay Johnson (Ex-Phillip) left the show, and right after that, I am leaving the show. So, I never really got to explore the good ole’ days of that love triangle with Phillip and Brady. I was hoping that would be in the cards, but it wasn’t.

But I am really excited about all the new projects I am working on! I am going to do a movie in August, and have been cast as one of the three leads in an independent film that is a romantic comedy. It is called Divorce Invitation with Jonathan Bennett, Jamie-Lyn Sigler and Elliot Gould. It is an awesome cast. There are other things on the horizon right now. I think very shortly there will be announcement involving another show I am involved as well. And of course, I am so excited about season three of Venice and playing Lara. So good things are happening!”

E! Lathers Up with New Fall Docu-Series 'Dirty Soap' Taking Viewers Inside the Lives of Soap Stars

E! LATHERS UP WITH NEW FALL DOCU-SERIES “DIRTY SOAP” TAKING VIEWERS INSIDE THE REAL LIVES OF TODAY’S HOTTEST SOAP STARS

Executive Produced By Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos and Amber Mazzola, the Eight-Episode, Hour-Long Series Debuts September 25 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT on E!

(Los Angeles, CA, July 28, 2011) – They’ve been killers, ghosts, homeless, prostitutes, prisoners and even murder victims – but it’s off the set of their famous soaps where the real drama begins. Featuring a drop-dead gorgeous ‘who’s who’ of daytime television – Kelly Monaco (General Hospital), Nadia Bjorlin (Days Of Our Lives), Kirsten Storms (General Hospital), Farah Fath (One Life To Live), JP Lavoisier (One Life To Live), and Galen Gering (Days Of Our Lives) – “Dirty Soap” is a titillating look at these stunning thespians as they navigate high-profile careers during pivotal moments in the industry and deal with their own real-life drama, which often rivals that of their daytime counterparts. Executive produced by Amber Mazzola’s Machete Productions and Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos’ Milojo Productions, the eight-episode, hour-long series, “Dirty Soap,” premieres September 25 at 10:00PM ET/PT only on E!

The “soap bubble” is a small and intimate world and this cast of characters has played extremely significant roles in each others lives for years. They’ve been co-stars, best friends, worst enemies, boyfriends, girlfriends, and everything in between. Working together on set and spending time with each other in their down-time, they have formed substantial bonds and created a pseudo “soap family.” In the series we see them all begin a new chapter in their lives – some have left the soap world, some are doing film, some are focusing on family, and others are simply trying to determine what would be the best next move. Romantic relationships are tested when one person’s career rockets forward and the others is stuck at “go.” Jealousies arise as actors attempt to jump from one soap to another, and arch rivals must find a way to coexist in this sudsy microcosm without ripping each other to shreds. The softer side of these heartthrobs is also exposed as they interact with their families – one beauty meets her biological father for the very first time and another tearfully sends her brother off to the United States Army flight school. All the while their goals are clear – to grow their careers and to keep their hearts and heads above water in Tinseltown – where it’s so very easy to drown.

“The soap industry is at a defining moment and the time is ripe for a series that goes inside this iconic world and explores the unique bond that these actors share,” said Lisa Berger, President, Entertainment Programming, E! “No one knows the inner-workings of the soap community better than Kelly and Mark, and it is exciting for us to work with them, in addition to some of the reigning kings and queens of soap featured in the series.”

“We’re very excited to be behind this show for E!, and having met on the soaps we know all too well how much work and dedication it takes,” adds Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos.

Meet the Cast:

Kelly Monaco, a dazzling brunette beauty, is most famous for her starring role on the daytime drama “General Hospital” and being the first champion on “Dancing with the Stars.” In the mid-90’s, Kelly landed a recurring role on “Baywatch” and after numerous roles in film she eventually was cast as ‘Sam’ on “GH.” Kelly recently ended an eighteen year relationship with her high-school sweetheart and is cautiously getting ready to jump back into the dating pool in LA…but is she really ready to let go of her troubled past? One of Kelly’s best friends is Kirsten, who she met when Kirsten joined “General Hospital.”

Kirsten Storms has been acting since she was a young girl. A star on the Disney Channel, appearing in the hit movie franchise “Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century,” the bubbly blonde has been on set most of her life. Things really took off for Kirsten when in 1999 she landed the role of ‘Belle’ on “Days Of Our Lives.” Kirsten is currently enjoying a successful run on “General Hospital.” Happy in her career, she is trying to figure out what happened between her and her former best friend and co-star Farah Fath – the duo hasn’t spoken in over three years. Will they be able to repair their old friendship? Kirsten is also working through some family issues; she has been on the outs with her immediate family for quite some time and just as she begins to make amends, her brother must leave to go to the United States Army flight school.

Farah Fath is a southern gal from Lexington, Kentucky, who was crowned “Miss Kentucky Preteen” in 1995. In 1999, Farah went to LA for her first audition and in less than a month she landed the role of ‘Mimi Lockhart’ (whose character was best friends with Storms’ ‘Belle’) on “Days Of Our Lives.” After 8 years on “Days” Farah moved to NYC and joined the cast of “One Life To Live.” Now, she is now bi-coastal and back in LA for a few months, looking for her next gig and preparing to live with her actor boyfriend, JP. Though she loves him, Farah needs some answers from JP – is this relationship serious or not? Once back in the sunshine state, the blonde beauty must face her “frienemy” Kirsten Storms, but luckily she has the help of her friend and former colleague, Nadia Bjorlin.

Nadia Bjorlin is a woman of many talents. Besides being breathtakingly beautiful, she is an accomplished opera singer with many accolades under her belt. Nadia didn’t have to wait long for her big break in acting when, just weeks after she secured an agent, she auditioned for the role of mysterious young opera singer ‘Chloe’ on “Days Of Our Lives.” She nailed the audition, landed the role and moved out to Los Angeles. She has played ‘Chloe’ on and off since 1999 and has also had guest starring roles on “Two and a Half Men,” “CSI,” and many more. Now, Nadia is leaving “Days” to begin her career in film. Nadia has been living with her boyfriend, Brandon, for the past few years. They are both actors in transition mode – the big question is: what will happen if one of their careers takes off, and the other goes nowhere?

Galen Gering is currently a major character on “Days Of Our Lives” playing Alison Sweeney’s love interest. He was raised by hippie parents in sunny southern California and in his late teens he moved to NYC and enjoyed a successful modeling career. Galen landed a role on “Passions” in 1999 and has been melting women’s hearts ever since. The soap star has been married for the past 11 years to his actress wife, Jenna, and the couple has two sons.

JP Lavoisier grew up in small town Pennsylvania and studied at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. His rugged good looks helped land him a role on “One Life To Live” in 2002 and he has been a soap stud ever since. For the last four years he has been dating Farah Fath, though he seems to have no plans to “put a ring on it” any time soon. In fact, he left his last girlfriend because she wanted more than he was able to give. What is going to happen with Farah when she clearly has marriage on the brain?

“Dirty Soap” premieres on September 25th at 10:00 PM, ET/PT on E!. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/07/28/e-lathers-up-with-new-fall -docu-series-dirty-soap-taking-viewers-inside-the-lives-of-soap-stars/ 99098/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/25/dirty-soap-cast-photo/

E!'s 'Dirty Soap' cast sultry first look: Kelly Monaco, Galen Gering clean up -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTO

It was only a matter of time before daytime soap stars stopped trying to beat reality shows and teamed up to launch one of their own. E! has bottled such a sudsy concoction starring a who’s-who of daytime TV with Kelly Monaco (General Hospital), Nadia Bjorlin (Days Of Our Lives), Kirsten Storms (General Hospital), Brandon Beemer (Bold and the Beautiful), Farah Fath (One Life To Live), JP Lavoisier (One Life To Live) and Jenna and Galen Gering (Days Of Our Lives). Cameras will follow the stars as they navigate Hollywood and their own real life.

Dirty Soap premieres Sept. 25 at 10 p.m. Here’s your pic, below, showing a sultry cast that seems entirely uninterested in getting cleaned up

post-43414-0-1445986410-9523_thumb.jpg

Bradia...wao

SID: Nadia Bjorlin Interview; 9/26 Issue

Beyond the Doorway

She may be saying goodbye to Chloe, but Nadia Bjorlin is saying hello to a bright future.

"I'm outgoing and friendly, but when it comes to personal stuff and my relationships, I like to remain private," Nadia Bjorlin reveals. "I guess I'm just gonna have to get over that."

Indeed! As one of the stars of E!'s new reality series Dirty Soap, chronicling the lives of six daytime TV stars (including her castmate, Galen Gering), Bjorlin has had cameras trailing her every move for months. And yes, they were there when the actress got word she'd soon be exiting Salem. "I don't think I really had a chance to process it, and doing that with cameras around was kind of a scary thing," explains Bjorlin. "I wasn't very good at hiding the fact that I was sad about it."

Candid Camera

"It follows our personal and professional lives and how they intersect -- it's an interesting behind-the-scenes look at what we all do as sort of pseudo-young Hollywood," says Bjorlin of Dirty Soap, which premieres Sunday, September 25th on E! "But it really makes you feel vulnerable -- we're all used to playing characters when cameras are around, but the fact that they just want us as ourselves is a daunting task."

So why expose herself, her relationship with The Bold & The Beautiful's Brandon Beemer (Owen) and her career to so much scrutiny? Bjorlin says she's doing it for the greater good. "We're all hoping it's going to put daytime in a really good light and show how hard we all work on our respective shows," she offers. "Maybe we'll even create a new fanbase for the soaps because of this."

Love Notes

Although unhappy to be leaving her friends at Days, Nadia didn't have much time for regrets. She was needed on the set of Divorce Initiation, the film she's starring in with Jonathan Bennett (ex-JR, All My Children) and Jamie Lyn Sigler (The Sopranos). "Doing a romantic comedy is quite a change from all the drama and tears that is Days -- it's fun to be challenged in a different way," explains Bjorlin. In the movie, Bjorlin plays Bennett's high school sweetheart -- the one who got away -- who comes back into his life at a most inconvenient time. "It's about what happens when you think you've made a mistake in the choice you've made about who to spend the rest of your life with," Bjorlin remarks. "So in that aspect, it's kind of soapy."

When it came to matters of the heart, Chloe certainly never got it right and had just as much trouble staying faithful. "She conquered the entire Kiriakis empire one-by-one -- throwing a DiMera in there would've been great," Bjorlin laughs of her long list of lovers. Then again, it might be just as well that something was left for her next sojourn in Salem. "I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason," explains Bjorlin. "I can't say that I would never be back. I mean, you just don't know."

On Brady and Chloe's farewell: "We had some sweet moments together, which I liked."

On the love affair between Chloe and Daniel: "The whole relationship started out on such a scandalous note, but it was a soulmate connection."

On working with Jay Johnson: "It was just terrible having to look at that face everyday!" she jokes.

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/us/view/news/act...2Lrtqg.facebook

Actress Nadia Bjorlin Enjoys Hot Sizzlin' Summer!

(West Hollywood, CA) -- Persian-Swedish American actress Nadia Bjorlin, has been busy this summer with numerous projects. For starters, she can still be seen on the daytime drama, NBC's "Days of our Lives" until September 28. The actress left the show in July, and a role she created in 1999 where she has been playing the role of Chloe Lane on and off since that time

On the heels of leaving the soap, Bjorlin received a green light on the new sultry E! reality show, "Dirty Soap", about the unscripted real-life drama behind the scripted drama of several actors from the daytime genre, some who have left soaps to try a stake at primetime and the big screen. Well it seems they all have made it to primetime! Besides featuring Bjorlin, the show features real-life boyfriend Brandon Beemer (The Bold & The Beautiful), Galen Gering (Days of our Lives) and his wife Jenna, Kelly Monaco (General Hospital), Kirsten Storms (General Hospital), Farah Fath (One Life To Live) and her real-life boyfriend, JP Lavoisier (One Life To Live.)

Bjorlin has also been all over Southern California shooting the independent film, Divorce Invitation, also starring Jonathan Bennett and Jamie Lyn Sigler.

If that's not enough, she began shooting this week the 3rd season of the Emmy-winning web series, "Venice: The Series" produced by her former cast-mate of "Days of our Lives" Crystal Chappell.

"Dirty Soap" premieres on E! Sunday, September 25 at 10pm. Divorce Invitation is set for a 2012 release.

http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/intervi...n-Interview.htm

Nadia Bjorlin Interview

Candid talk about Chloe’s ‘Days of Our Lives’ exit and embarking on ‘Dirty Soap’

Watching the once sweet, sheltered Chloe Lane disintegrate into a desperate prostitute was hard for Days of Our Lives viewers to watch and even harder for actress Nadia Bjorlin to play. Bjorlin discusses the “lame” story turn, her bittersweet Salem exit, and her “scary” venture into E!’s Dirty Soap.

What was your reaction when you learned Chloe was becoming a hooker?

At first, I wasn’t keen on the idea. Then, I thought, because Chloe was originally blackmailed into becoming a prostitute, that it could be a really horrible dilemma. What would someone do in the name of love for their child? That’s a valid subject to broach. It could have been really tragic, but it just wasn’t executed well.

What did you object to?

Chloe started going on this path of patheticism and feeling like this was the only way she [could earn enough money to get Parker back]. It also started to look like she was [prostituting herself] voluntarily. I thought that aspect was really lame, and I wasn’t happy about it.

Was it difficult to play?

Absolutely. I’m fiercely protective of Chloe. For years, I always felt very fortunate to have such a great character and to be able to play out her stories, but I didn’t recognize her towards the end. Also, just the tone that the show has had lately of victimizing all the women and making all the men criminals... I don’t think people want to live vicariously through any of that.

You’ve already shot your final Days scenes. (They air September 29.) What can you share about Chloe's exit?

With the way that the story was going and how I really wasn’t pleased with it, it was the best possible outcome. The nice part was, the last week, Chloe kind of reconnects with Brady, which is a throwback to the history of the characters. He basically helps get her back on her feet and gives her this opportunity where she’ll be able to go rebuild her life, be with her son, and be the mom she wants to be. So it is a bittersweet happy ending.

Despite everything, was it hard leaving Days?

It was strange and surreal. I spent so many years playing Chloe. I don’t think it’s really hit me yet, that it’s over. I still feel like I work there, because I’m constantly in contact with everyone who works there and I’m still airing. So I still feel like I’m on the show. Soon, the reality of the situation will hit me. Honestly, I might bask in sadness for a while. I think there’s a grieving process that I’ll go through, because I’ve literally spent my entire adult life there. I’m in a very transitional part of my life right now. Change is hard and exciting and scary.

Speaking of scary, are you nervous embarking on a reality show called Dirty Soap and everything that title connotes?

I think [the name] is a little hokey. When we signed up to do the pilot, it was nowhere near sounding anything like that. The premise that attracted us to the show was that it was based on young actors in Hollywood, and the tie that binds us all is soap operas. We either work on them or have worked on them. We all know each other or have worked together. It’s kind of giving a behind-the-scenes look into our professional and personal lives. Hopefully, it will give fans of soaps something really different and fun to watch.

Do you worry at all about how you’ll come off looking?

The scary thing is you don’t know how it’s going to be edited or put together. And you always hear these scary horror stories. Watch it ruins our lives! (Laughing.)

Is it weird just being yourself, as opposed to playing a character?

It’s the weirdest thing in the world, but you do get more comfortable the more the cameras are around. Then, you start to wonder... Because the thing is, you can’t please everybody. Some people are going to love you; some people are going to hate you. And it’s every aspect of your life. Putting yourself out there like this is scary and it’s a gamble, but you can’t worry too much about it.

What’s something people will get to see on Dirty Soap that they never got to see on Days?

Hopefully, my sense of humor. Sometimes I’ll say something and think, I hope people know I’m kidding. I’m sure I’m going to offend somebody at some point.