Bellazon

What's your internet speed?

GOCHO

actually cable is faster the dsl in my opinion.  i notice a big difference when i use the dsl in work and the cable at home.  the cable is a lot faster

I think cable is faster but you have to share your connect with a set number of people on a small neighborhood network. If everyone on the network is on at the same time then the cable will run slowly. With DSL you don't have to share you connection. Which is faster depends on the situation.

actually cable is faster the dsl in my opinion.  i notice a big difference when i use the dsl in work and the cable at home.  the cable is a lot faster

I think cable is faster but you have to share your connect with a set number of people on a small neighborhood network. If everyone on the network is on at the same time then the cable will run slowly. With DSL you don't have to share you connection. Which is faster depends on the situation.

well actually when you split the dsl connection it lags. the dsl in work is very bad because of split connection. then is some cases like in my uncles house the dsl is so slow that dialup is faster. the speed fluctuates like crazy. cable is very fast. my neighbors all have it. i love seeing into their wireless networks :ninja:. yet i have no lags at all.

actually cable is faster the dsl in my opinion.  i notice a big difference when i use the dsl in work and the cable at home.  the cable is a lot faster

well actually when you split the dsl connection it lags. the dsl in work is very bad because of split connection. then is some cases like in my uncles house the dsl is so slow that dialup is faster. the speed fluctuates like crazy. cable is very fast. my neighbors all have it. i love seeing into their wireless networks :ninja:. yet i have no lags at all.

I have all my computers on a wireless network: Them neighbours of yours should encrypt that connection of theirs lol

3 megabit

600kb/sec d/l

30kb/sec u/l  <--------------------What the hell is wrong here, we have tried numerous time to fix it, <_<

The connections are "capped" for more residential area customers, since its one big pipe per say a few blocks, each connection is limited upload so they can all have a reasonable upload speed, you can uncap your conection from the box but if they find you (while installing someone elses conection) youll probabaly be banned for a long while and since most companys only provide a certain region you wont be able to get cable and youll have to switch to DSL or viceversa.

Alternatly there are programs out there that uncap your conection through software, just do a quick google search and you should find some, again if your company finds you your screwed but if you need the speed go for it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

in theory, the service here should be around 256kbps ... but it rarely ( never ) get there ...

( both d/l and u/l )

i'm not sure how much my speed is, but it took me a little more than an hour to dowload the 110mb VS' vh1 special ... :(