Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 3/31/2024 at 1:11 AM, Cult Icon said:

shots fired..

He has a huge youtube channel.

e00cb357f64a19ed150a792dbac144613d-0724C

Dr. Grande's take is pretty bad. I watch Huberman's videos or podcasts sometimes and Grande is far from the truth. There's one or two claims that Huberman had that are contested by other scientsits and there's no clear evidence of who's right or wrong.

The rest of Huberman's takes are really and extensively sourced.

Grande says that Huberman's podcast want to make his listeners polygamous gigachads... this is completely false and a huge caricature. Grande let his emotions (jealousy, maybe?) speak for him this time.

The truth is that "cancel culture" morally condemn Huberman for his (supposed) private life. I can't condone that. The NY magazine behaved like gutter press on this one. The "cancel culture" rise in the US is despicable IMO. This is not the West I like. I hate this gradual shift towards the woke dystopia. This new "holier than thou" mentality is shit.

5 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Taught never to retreat, never to surrender.

I saw this movie in the theaters when it came out.  It is very loyal to the comic that it is based on.

Definitely a film that cannot be made today..  

20 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Dr. Grande's take is pretty bad. I watch Huberman's videos or podcasts sometimes and Grande is far from the truth. There's one or two claims that Huberman had that are contested by other scientsits and there's no clear evidence of who's right or wrong.

The rest of Huberman's takes are really and extensively sourced.

Grande says that Huberman's podcast want to make his listeners polygamous gigachads... this is completely false and a huge caricature. Grande let his emotions (jealousy, maybe?) speak for him this time.

The truth is that "cancel culture" morally condemn Huberman for his (supposed) private life. I can't condone that. The NY magazine behaved like gutter press on this one. The "cancel culture" rise in the US is despicable IMO. This is not the West I like. I hate this gradual shift towards the woke dystopia. This new "holier than thou" mentality is shit.

It appears that Hubermann got targeted by Feminist cancel culture.  The 6 women harem he made for himself is similar to a sub-genre in Romance films/books where the alpha male has multiple girlfriends and even wives.  The women don't even know that the other women exist.

Dr. Grande is an old school Christian conservative.

Dr. Grande's subscriber base are mostly socially conservative people with traditional values who like how he breaks down and mocks deviants and degenerates.   He also has a big dislike for popular self-help gurus, there are many videos where he tears them apart one by one.

So Hubermann being a player and having a 6-women rotation is prime material for him.  He probably as you say does not know enough about Hubermann's content to say some of the things that he did.  I think however that Hubermann being a player-pimp in real life while having a self-help 'be your best self' educational channel degrades and makes him look like a hypocrite.  So I think Grande's point here is apt.

Some of Hubermann's fans watch my channel btw, the algorithm links him to me. I am not really interested in the subjects that he covers but it appears that his audience crosses with Joe Rogan's fanbase.

My first thought is that he probably got a lot more subscribers since this happened lol.

22 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

The "cancel culture" rise in the US is despicable IMO. This is not the West I like. I hate this gradual shift towards the woke dystopia. 

Western 'civilization' is currently declining- socially, economically, militarily, culturally and politically. 

History is cyclical, not a never-ending rise forward like the grey mass of people believe.

I would have never believed my 18-year old self if I went back in time and told myself that you were living in the twilight years of the American empire!

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I saw this movie in the theaters when it came out.  It is very loyal to the comic that it is based on.

Definitely a film that cannot be made today..  

Same for me. Watched it in theater. Loved it.

It's an awesome movie.

Hollywood is today mostly garbage, but there are a couple of exceptions (Oppenheimer and Dune were great for example).

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Western 'civilization' is currently declining- socially, economically, militarily, culturally and politically. 

History is cyclical, not a never-ending rise forward like the grey mass of people believe.

I would have never believed my 18-year old self if I went back in time and told myself that you were living in the twilight years of the American empire!

What strikes me is that if western civilization is declining, it's because of internal collapse (and a very quick one). Kind of like the Roman empire, but this time the barbarians didn't even need to attack us. There are people within the West that seek self-destruction.

This is really weird and I can't see other historical example (maybe the Roman empire's decadence, but it seems to me that there are lots of differences).

Who knows what happens next :idk:

Doing the audiobook for the second half of "Tower of the Swallow" Witcher book 6.

It's really impressive how CDPR managed to create the world of Skellige & all of its personalities from these chapters. I understand the background of Yennefer & Crach being there better now.

9 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

What strikes me is that if western civilization is declining, it's because of internal collapse (and a very quick one). Kind of like the Roman empire, but this time the barbarians didn't even need to attack us. There are people within the West that seek self-destruction.

This is really weird and I can't see other historical example (maybe the Roman empire's decadence, but it seems to me that there are lots of differences).

Who knows what happens next :idk:

I see the decline as being slow but steady & easily observable.  I see it everyday in America.  The inflection points have happened in the recessions, covid-19, depression and the Ukraine War.

Basically a diminished future is what is in store for North America & Europe.

I agree that there is massive self destructiveness but it's at a societal-level scale along with corrupt, delusional & poor leadership.  The West is declining mostly from within while 'globalization' increasingly works against them as they become more and more uncompetitive in the world.

The rise of the fanatical obsession with Race, Gender, and Sexual orientation happened in the Obama years.  I see the key historical point as being in the Great Recession years that began in 2006.  This is where the American dream died and died in American politics.  No sane person can talk about American exceptionalism today.

The more time and energy are absorbed with race, gender, and sex, the less the really productive things in society get done.   It is a replacement pseudo-religion after the grey masses have rejected traditional values and God.  Meanwhile as they are distracted by it they are being robbed blind.

The American people are currently outside of history.  They are helpless, and too cowardly to do violent revolution.  Their anger is merely projected onto digital screens or in talking, not real actions.

I suspect that is why the liberal democrats are so crazy about persecuting Trump, they are afraid that one day the people will use radical action against them and try to save the nation.