Bellazon

Pachelbel's Canon

schadenfreude

Teach us, Master!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My pleasure!

Keep listening Heidegger's and my versions with an open mind. Eventually you start to notice what's wrong with Heidegger's version and what's good in my version. Thicker sound does not mean greater complexity. There is much more nyances in my version.

Keep listening Heidegger's and my versions with an open mind. Eventually you start to notice what's wrong with Heidegger's version and what's good in my version. Thicker sound does not mean greater complexity. There is much more nyances in my version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is nothing wrong with both versions.

One is like the authentic Star Wars, the other one is like the digitally-remastered version of Star Wars. Although the digitally-remastered versions are always better (DUUUUH!) , there will always be some stupid fanboys complaining about how it ruins their childhood memories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is nothing wrong with both versions.

One is like the authentic Star Wars, the other one is like the digitally-remastered version of Star Wars. Although the digitally-remastered versions are always better (DUUUUH!) , there will always be some stupid fanboys complaining about how it ruins their childhood memories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You use the term "digitally remastered" oddly. It's possible my version is a newer recording!

If it is authentic, does it mean that it is the version that is played during Pachelbel's time?

That's what being authentic means.

It is very close to the versions that were played in his time. Of course it is difficult to know how those versions have sounded but given the instrumentation and knowledge of baroque music practises in those days it is possible to come up with a very accurate "academic guess". In other words nobody knows how that version could be more authentic.

If it is authentic, does it mean that it is the version that is played during Pachelbel's time?

That's what being authentic means.

It is very close to the versions that were played in his time. Of course it is difficult to know how those versions have sounded but given the instrumentation and knowledge of baroque music practises in those days it is possible to come up with a very accurate "academic guess". In other words nobody knows how that version could be more authentic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it is indeed close to the version played at that time, then it is certain that my recording is the later version. This is a pretty much open and shut case. There is no way you can refute this, unless of course, if you use the Chewbacca defense.

If it is indeed close to the version played at that time, then it is certain that my recording is the later version. This is a pretty much open and shut case. There is no way you can refute this, unless of course, if you use the Chewbacca defense.

What is it I would try to refute here? I am here the educate others. Take it or leave it. Chewbacca defense is not available for me.