11 members have voted

1. 1. Which religion do you support?

• Christianity
    • Islam
    • Judaism
    • Hinduism
    • Buddhism
    • I'm an atheist

I was raised in a typical Polish Catholic family. I used to go regularly to masses until some time during my uni years, I decided not to go to them anymore. But I still somewhat consider myself a spiritual person. I think I can call myself a Christian (due to my upbringing), but lately I've been thinking more rationally and found some interesting concepts in the deist and agnostic doctrines. I believe there is a supreme being (God) that created universe and keeps it running, that's basically it.

What about you? :)

I think we already have a thread like this, or a similar one....

I'm Catholic too, obviously (I mean, about 90% of people here are), I try to attend masses every Sunday, pray every evening but that's it.

btw Qball, what do you mean by "a typical Catholic Polish family"? A family that attends masses every Sunday, or something more?

But do I consider my family to be very religious? Rather not. There were too many divorces :ninja: :laugh: ;)

My dad was just baptised. Well, my grandma is very religious, but whose grandma isn't :laugh:

I'm neutral,i mean.....i used to believe before,but after get an unacceptable and unforgivable deception that i preffer to stay away of this kind of foolishness,people needs to believe in this kind of things to feel better but ...not me anymore,i respect the beliefs of everyone ,but like i said i'm out of this worldwide joke permanently.

btw Qball, what do you mean by "a typical Catholic Polish family"? A family that attends masses every Sunday, or something more?

Yeah - attending masses, fasting on Fridays and so on... My mom sometimes talks about sins and says that God sees everything, but I wouldn't call her a bigot, she's just a firm believer ;)

I get everything I prayed for.

GOOD!! i'm very glad for u . But in my case ,i prayed for just one thing more than 5 years and i never get anything ,that's why i preffer to leave all that cuz ,you can't get anything if u don't go personaly for it or fight for it by yourself. it's proved and comfirmed.

"Everything" is regarded as those possible things, I don't know, I only pray for others but seldom pray for myself!

And I don't care how long I wait for it. :)

Anyway, I wish you could get whatever you've made your effort to :flower:

"Everything" is regarded as those possible things, I I wish you could get whatever you've made your effort to :flower:

That's exactly the problem,the thing what i ask for is unreachable,and now more than ever,anyway i'm very sorry for the people who realy thing ,believeing in this kind of things ,can reach something .... :no: the only and true way is done it by yourself,if don't quit before it be too late and a unrepairable damage came to make our lives a hell.

i'm atheist.

i love the subject but i think your poll is not complet... because there are so many different religions...

i think the biggest part of time i'm respectful about the religion but i think i can't tolerate everything.

after i think everybody has his own limites and every religion has its own limits too... so it's hard to be agree with everything <_<

i respect religion when religion respect humans. when it says homosexuality is a sickness and this is not something natural i can't tolerate it...

be a minority doesn't mean be anormal. and when it's against birth control, condom or organs donation. i'm not agree too but i "try" to respect... but when religion allowed pedophilia, terror, torture, murders or suicides, it's too much and here are my limits. i can't be respectful with it. and i don't think a criminal or terrorist fell sad or guilty to make crimina act for his faith. hapiness is important, but tolerance in the both sides too.

by the way there are sects all around the world and even if they aren't in the poll, these doctrines can be religions too like the raelian mouvement.

i'm not against it and i think it was something good there were thousands years because people wanted answers. "why we are here" "why there is the night" "why there is the winter" and religion help us to be different of animals... because animal can communicate, can eat, can sleep, can dream, can have sex, etc etc etc but we never saw animals with a religion... and i think religion helped to develop art. people painted, danced, played music, made potteries (the older pottery is the Venus of Doln�ěstonice and it was a religious figurine).

but anyway, here my vision of the thing :

3 solutions :

first : there is only one religion who can be the true. which means all the rest are terrific and complex lies created by men. and in my mind they are all egal and no one so superior to others or seem to be really better than other so where is the true ? if islam should be a lie why christian couldn't be ? both have their complexity, their history, their wars, their promises. and if people could developp the need to created lies/religion to lead people and answer to their questions/needs why only the part of earth population would have this need and the other part don't. because this mean, if their god didn't existed they wouldn't believe in something else.so why a part of the earth population would need to believe in a lie and not the other part ?

second : all the religions are real. which mean, with all the religions there are on earth the possibilities are infinite and in fact our souls only go in the places that ours minds would decided. so the best is to find the religion the most adapted to ours personalities and high hopes. or even why not, created our own religion if believe is enough... but any has still proved its power or reality.

third (where i am) : there is no god, no religion. which is in my opinion the most realistic.