Bellazon

Angelina Jolie
Thumbnail

Dennis

Bosnian women’s group calls Angelina Jolie “ignorant”: http://www.celebitchy.com/128576/bosnian_w...jolie_ignorant/

Uggh. I wish these people would read the frigging script already. It's not about a rape! Them calling Angelina ignorant is like the pot calling the kettle black. I hate to say that about a rape victim advocacy group, but they are really misinformed.

Bosnian women’s group calls Angelina Jolie “ignorant”: http://www.celebitchy.com/128576/bosnian_w...jolie_ignorant/

Uggh. I wish these people would read the frigging script already. It's not about a rape! Them calling Angelina ignorant is like the pot calling the kettle black. I hate to say that about a rape victim advocacy group, but they are really misinformed.

I think that is her mistake, Angelina`s. She is touching a painful subject for them, their relatives, it is something that has marked their lives. Morally she owes them at least that meeting, so that they can tell her the real facts or events that happened. I understand their concern because I also have memories about that war, and many events of it are shown wrongly on TV and in movies.

Angelina Jolie Has Dark Sense of Humor, Says Depp

Angelina Jolie arrives at the Meurice hotel with colleague and longtime friend Holly Goline in Paris, France on Tuesday (December 1).

The 35-year-old actress is in town to promote her latest film, The Tourist.

Angie’s co-star Johnny Depp recently told Vanity Fair about her twisted sense of humor. “You don’t know what she might be like — if she has any sense of humor at all,” Depp, 47, revealed. “I was so pleased to find that she is incredibly normal, and has a wonderfully kind of dark, perverse sense of humor.”

post-19430-1291225193_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1291225216_thumb.jpg

Angelina Jolie stepped out for the first day of her The Tourist press junket in Paris this morning. She looked simple and gorgeous in gray as she braved the snow to chat about her glamorous new movie. She and her family have been taking in the city's attractions, and she was eager to talk about her kids, working on her directorial debut, and what it was like to play such a feminine character. There's lots more to come about teaming up with the "gracious" and "funny" Johnny Depp plus tons from the actor himself. Here's what Angelina had to say:

The wardrobe in this movie is beautiful; did you have input in the process?

Angelina Jolie: [Costume designer Colleen Atwood] was very specific about what she liked, but I did certainly chime in about things I thought were right for the character. We wanted to make sure that she had a kind of sexiness and elegance, but also that she was fun, playful, and sweet. Instead of a big high slit, [Colleen] put a bow in the bum. It was very different than anything I've ever worn. It took me a while to get used to the heels and the gloves and how to hold the handbag. I think everyone knows I'm not necessarily that female. So it was a bit of an exercise in having the fun of being a girl. Having come off literally being a guy in Salt, it was nice to rediscover female.

Your character sort of floats through this movie, away from the action; how was that for a change?

AJ: My note that I got probably every day was "slow down." I think as very modern women we feel the need to attack things, we're like New Yorkers. [The director] was trying to teach me a certain way of being bred, this elegance, like time moves around you, you don't meet it. The hardest thing for me was to kind of take a deep breath and glide a little more.

Did you have any specific inspiration for your character?

AJ: A combination of what we all think in our minds of female, all the different references. My mother had a real softness to her and was very gracious. Vivienne, my youngest daughter, is extremely female and very naturally a real girl. I kind of played Vivienne in the film. [Laughs.] I tried not to pin it down to one person so much.

I think that is her mistake, Angelina`s. She is touching a painful subject for them, their relatives, it is something that has marked their lives. Morally she owes them at least that meeting, so that they can tell her the real facts or events that happened. I understand their concern because I also have memories about that war, and many events of it are shown wrongly on TV and in movies.

I do agree that meeting with them would be nice. But she has said in interviews about this project that she is purposefully interviewing many people involved with the movie on their personal experiences with the war. I doubt that it will be perfect in any sense of the word, but at least she's trying to make a balanced picture. It's unfair of the women's groups to make personal attacks based on the fact that she hasn't had a meeting with them to discuss a topic that movie is not even about.