Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

KAKA', THE MOST LOVED AMONGST THE ITALIANS

MILAN - The Milan midfielder Kaka is the preferred player of the Italians. This was revealed by an on-line survey organized by Panini for the 'Top Team' of the Serie players who are the most loved in Italy and in which 50,000 people took part. The Brazilian obtained 2,697 votes, beating in this order: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus) and Francesco Totti (Roma).

MILAN - SAMPDORIA

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Fiori,

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo,

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf,

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Pato, Paloschi.

Milan & Brazil At Odds Over Kaka

AC Milan and Brazil could be set to clash if Kaka is convened to play at this summer’s Olympic games in Beijing.

Although the Olympics conclude before the start of the 08/09 Serie A season, the Rossoneri not only want their Brazilian superstar to get some much needed rest - especially considering his well documented knee problems - but the chances are that he will also be required to secure qualification to the Champions League proper.

Milan will need to go through a preliminary phase if they finish outside of the top two this season, which considering that they trail Roma by 15 points is looking like a virtual certainty.

Kaka has said recently that he would be open to playing at the Olympics should Brazil call him as one of their three over-aged players.

However Rossoneri boss Carlo Ancelotti appeared less than happy about the idea when asked yesterday.

“Kaka at the Olympics? Playing a [Champions League] preliminary round without Kaka would not be the best thing,” said Carletto.

“I think that some discussion about it has been made or will be made. Surely we will need talk about it both with the Brazilian Federation as well as with him.”

Milan face a struggle to even make the Champions League preliminaries, as they are currently in fifth place in Serie A, four points behind Fiorentina who hold the final ticket to Europe’s premier club competition.

AC Milan 1:2 Sampdoria - match report

Scorers: Maggio 12 (S), Delvecchio 25 (S), Paloschi 71 (M)

Milan tumbled to a shock home defeat that sees Sampdoria close to within a point and the Champions League dreams perhaps evaporate completely.

Few would have expected it at the start of the season, but this was effectively a head-to-head for UEFA Cup football. Just two points divided the teams going in. Milan were still smarting from their 2-1 loss at Roma and were without Ronaldo, Pippo Inzaghi, Marcos Cafu, Serginho and Yoann Gourcuff. Antonio Cassano continued to sit out his five-match ban and was joined by Daniele Franceschini on the naughty step.

Samp had not won here since a 3-2 result on February 2, 1997. Zeljko Kalac recovered from injury to start this game and took the sting out of an early Emiliano Bonazzoli attempt.

Milan were forced to change their tactics when Kaka limped off after just 10 minutes to make way for teenage striker Alberto Paloschi.

The Blucerchiati were more confident and took a deserved lead after 12 minutes. The Milan defence was caught napping, as the ball took two touches from Sampdoria players in the box before Christian Maggio's tap-in from five yards.

Massimo Ambrosini had penalty appeals waved away for a Maggio shirt tug and Paloschi fired wide of the near post from Clarence Seedorf's pass.

Instead, Sampdoria doubled their lead. Seedorf's backheel for Alexandre Pato was intercepted and they completed a classic counter-attack with Gennaro Delvecchio's finish.

Sergio Volpi's fierce free kick flashed across the face of goal with several Samp players flying in to get the decisive touch.

Alessandro Nesta had a rare crack at goal from 30 metres that was not too far off the target, then Seedorf was flagged offside - incorrectly - and fired wide anyway with only the goalkeeper to beat.

Maggio could so easily have made it 3-0 on the counter only to blast over the bar.

A well-timed Daniele Gastaldello tackle stopped Paloschi from scoring just inside the box. Alberto Gilardino came off the bench at half-time for a more attacking formation and with his first touch had a header deflected over from a corner. Gila also felt he deserved a penalty for a Stefano Lucchini challenge.

Milan were unlucky not to re-open the game as Pirlo's free kick smacked the base of the upright thanks to a Castellazzi fingertip save.

The Rossoneri finally got a goal back through their liveliest and most effective player - 18-year-old Paloschi - who got a glancing header to a Pato cross on 71 minutes.

Kakha Kaladze had more penalty appeals for a shirt-tug and Giuseppe Favalli's snapshot flashed past the near post.

Lucchini saw red in stoppages for a second bookable offence and Pirlo's free kick took a series of deflections in front of the goal.

Gennaro Gattuso was so nearly the San Siro hero with the captain's armband on, but Castellazzi did well to palm his shot out for a corner.

Milan: Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski (Favalli 55); Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini (Gilardino 46); Kaka (Paloschi 10), Seedorf; Pato

Sampdoria: Castellazzi; Lucchini, Gastaldello, Accardi; Maggio, Sammarco, Volpi, Palombo, Pieri (Zenoni 74); Delvecchio (Ziegler 88), Bonazzoli (Bellucci 76)

Ref: Banti

Sent off: Lucchini 91 (S)

KAKA'S DAY

MILANELLO - Gym and physiotherapy for Ricky Kaka, present this morning at Milanello together with his team-mates. The problem to his right leg flexor has been confirmed. His conditions will be evaluated further tomorrow.

Kaka Out Injured For 10 Days

Milan’s problems go from bad to worse as Kaka is ruled out for 10 days with an injury to his right leg.

The Brazilian superstar was forced off after only nine minutes of Milan’s 2-1 defeat to Sampdoria last night.

It has been revealed that the 25-year-old has a right leg flexor injury, and will be out of action for around 10 days.

Further tests will be undergone today and tomorrow, but Kaka will certainly miss the game with Torino this Saturday, while he faces a race against time to be fit for the following week’s match with Atalanta.

Kaka has had a miserable season on the injury front and has been playing with a niggling sensation in his knee for a few months now.

This has been a key factor in his under-par performances recently, as the Brazilian has struggled to match his brilliant level of performances from last year when he led Milan to Champions League glory.

SPECIFIC WORK

Two days after his injury against Samp, Kaká talked about his conditions and says he is doing specific work to return on the pitch as quickly as possible. - THE DECLARATIONS OF KAKÁ -

MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made today by Ricky Kakà to Milan Channel's microphones at the Milanello sporting center:

"I feel better, I suffered a muscular problem and now we'll see how much time will be necessary to come back. I'm working to come back as soon as possible by doing physiotherapy, a bit of work in the pool to avoid running and other movements to allow the muscle to rest.

My injury came in the first few minutes of the game, I raised my leg. After that the Sampdoria defender was booked. I tried to stay on the pitch, but the muscle hardened, for me it was the first time it happened so I didn't know how to handle it. On the move of the counterattack I felt I couldn't keep playing and I went off.

Certainly I won't be able to play in the friendly with my national team, but I'll still have to present myself after being called up.

Tomorrow we are playing against Torino and as we have already shown in the past if the whole team does well the individual players are able to play well too. It's a very delicate and important moment for our season and we can't waste any opportunities to earn crucial points in the race for the fourth place. We have to come on the pitch without fear as we did in the second half against Sampdoria, and show we have the will to win.

I thank all the fans for the support they always give us and I wish them all a happy Easter."

I'll Be Back Soon - Kaká

Kaká talked about the injury suffered in the match against Sampdoria, and said he counts to be back on the pitch soon.

During the midweek game against Sampdoria, there was a moment in which all Milan fans held their breath. Star playmaker Kaká suddenly slumped to the ground out of nothing and it seemed like he had suffered a serious injury. Today tests pointed out he has a muscular problem, which will keep him out for a few weeks, but it isn't as serious as feared.

"I already feel better," said the Golden Ball winner. "Now let's see how long it will take to get back. I'm working hard with physiotherapy and in the swimming pool. The injury happened in the first few minutes of the match, when I felt a pain as I lifted my leg.

"I tried to continue but the muscle hardened; it was the first time such a thing happened to me, so I didn't really know how to handle myself. Then on a counterattack move I felt I couldn't run and so I asked to be substituted."

On his call up to the Brazilian national team, he said: "I'll have to present myself, but certainly I won't be able to play in the friendly."

Kaka's AC Milan commitment won't waver over Euro absence

Kaka has again declared his long-term commitment to AC Milan.

Even with the prospect of not playing in the Champions League next season, Kaka insists he wants to stay with the Rossoneri.

"I wanted to play at one of Europe's great clubs and Milan were the only ones to make an offer," the Brasilia native recalled on Spanish radio show Onda Cero.

"This club gave me the opportunity to realise my full potential and changed my life - I owe them for that."

Real Madrid have made no secret of their desire to lure Kaka to La Liga, but the 25-year-old stressed that he wouldn't instigate any deal.

"I have always said that there would need to be an agreement between the two sides for me to change clubs." he said "I am happy in Milan and I feel at ease here.

"Real have never spoken directly to me, but they have been in contact with my agent who told them that they needed to sort things with the club first."