Bellazon

Big Bang
Thumbnail

UltraLoveMoon7

PATIPATI July 2009

2096blu.jpg

ou5w7q.th.jpg

Translation:

About 8 months since they’ve released their first full album ‘Number 1′ last October in Japan.

Finally Big Bang has confirmed to release their first single in Japan ‘MY HEAVEN’.

This will be their first major debut, and it will also become a masterpiece that’ll be memorable.

For the release of ‘MY HEAVEN’, they held a press conference to start off their more aggressive activities in Japan.

The place for the meeting was a luxurious hotel. On this day the members were dressed appropriately for this formal event; they all had black suits on.

SOL with his sunglasses, D-LITE with his cute bow tie etc., the items that emphasized their characters stood out.

On the stage that was set-up in the place for the meeting, before their release for ‘MY HEAVEN’ they performed!

SOL: We’ve released a lot of songs in Korea, and we’ve put in the tracks that we’ve chosen into the album that we’ll release in Japan.

From these songs we liked the song ‘Heaven’, and since we’ve received a lot of positive reactions about it, we’ve released it as a single.

‘MY HEAVEN’ was introduced like this.

In the album ‘NUMBER 1′ it was listed as ‘HEAVEN’.

In addition, from Bigbang’s original songs, it is the first time that they’ve gave a rebirth to their songs by Japanese lyrics.

This is a song where you can see their new grounds.

Somewhat danceable and somewhat with a mellow sound style, this song has Bigbang’s true character in it.

But it is also a piece full of ambition for a new approach with Japanese lyrics.

After the ‘MY HEAVEN’ performance, they had a question and answer period.

They came straight from the airport to the place of this meeting; the camera flashes surrounded them.

“(In Japanese) It’s hot…(laugh)” D-LITE gave a shy smile while fanning his face with both of his hands.

The air was that hot there. They politely answered many questions about their future ambitions.

For example, to the question “What do you like about Japan?”

D-LITE: I’m interested in the hot springs in Japan. Japanese hot springs are very beautiful.

TOP: I like sushi and wine… Since all the members really like to shop, I like Aoyama very much.

SOL: (In Japanese) I’ve heard that there’s a huge ski resort in Japan, but I’ve never been there. I would really like to visit some time.

G-DRAGON: We came to Japan for a short period of time to shoot the ‘MY HEAVEN’ music video. The place for the shoot was Odaiba. I liked it there because it was very beautiful and because the scenery was just excellent.

VI :A year ago we did a concert tour in Osaka, Nagoya, Tokyo….

Especially in around Osaka and Nagoya it was very peaceful. I also remember that the scenery there was fabulous.

Those places also stood out to me because the people there were very nice.

In addition, from another journalist said “All the Korean artists and actors have beautiful smiles. Show us the “Bigbang Smile!”

and requested this… “(In Japanese) It’s awkward…” VI was being shy. But all the members presented a smile.

They also announced their future plans for their activities.

After ‘MY HEAVEN’, which will be released online in Japan and in six other countries in Asia, they’ll release another single on July 8th.

On that release date they’re planning on holding a special event to celebrate their debut in the major field at Sasaki Park’s outdoor concert hall.

G-DRAGON :I’m very thankful to the people who have been waiting for so long.

We’re planning on doing activities for a longer period of time in Japan…We’ll be able to do these activities by your side.

Please keep an eye on us, and I hope you all enjoy our music.

With their start of their promotions is Japan, the expectations for them for their global activities are getting higher.

Bigbang, who goes up step by step, their new story will start from ‘MY HEAVEN’.

July 2009, Vol. 5

This Month’s Instructions: Tell us about your ambitions for your debut in the major music field in Japan!

ftdndd.th.jpg

D-LITE

Thank you for always supporting us, despite the fact that we haven’t been able to approach the fans in Japan very often.

This time we’re having a great chance to debut in the major music field.

I would like to work harder to present better music.

I’ll work even harder than right now, so please give us all the support you can!

SOL

I’m as nervous as when we were debuting in the Indies field; I’m very glad that we’ve been given a chance to debut in the major music field.

We haven’t been able to come to Japan often since we were so busy in Korea, but from now on I think we’ll have more chances to come to here.

I’ve very glad because I’ll be able to show our performances to even more people.

It is all because of you guys that we were able to come all the way here where we are right now.

I want to present music, so the fans will be able to be happy. Please give us the support.

G-DRAGON

This time, not only are we getting a chance to debut in the major music field,

but we’re also given a chance to work with one of the world’s most famous label, Universal Music. I’m very thankful for these opportunities.

I’m very glad because we’re having a chance to let more people listen to Bigbang’s music.

We’re a little overwhelmed; however we’ll try our best and prize this wonderful chance.

We’ll work hard to show the ‘cool’ Bigbang during our activities in Japan.

VI

To all the Japan fans, you’ve waited for a long time! I was always sorry because we weren’t able to meet for the past two years since we were so busy.

I’m very happy at the fact that we’re able to present this song for the Japanese fans that have been waiting.

We’ve worked hard to finish our major debut single ‘MY HEAVEN’.

I want to work hard so all our fans will be able to be happy after hearing our songs. Thank you.

I was very thankful because a lot of journalists came for our major debut press conference.

Like you, Bigbang is also looking forward to this major field debut.

Because all of our members like Japan very much, we always look forward to visiting Japan.

Not only are we interested in the food here, but we’re also interested in the culture. We want to approach a lot of things in Japan.

I want to be able to show what we’ve worked on hard to everyone.

Please keep and eye on Bigbang.

Source: YGWorld

Big Bang is up #4 on Oricon chart with debut single released

Group Big Bang has went up to #4 on Oricon chart on 24th June with the release of their debut Japanese single.

Their 1st Japanese single ‘My Heaven’ is also simultaneously released in China, HongKong, Taiwan, the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia. ‘My Heaven’ is the collaborate composition between member GDragon and Daishi Dance.

For their Japanese debut this time, Big Bang also worked with Universal Japan as their artiste, and about a month back they have also become more active in promoting in Japan.

Their ‘My Heaven’ MV is also being played in Tokyo, where they will be focusing their promotions in. There are also special corner for their debut single in various music stores there like Tower Records and HMV for promoting their debut single

With this, Big Bang will also be releasing their 2nd Japanese single ‘Gara Gara GO’ on 8th July.

Source

G-Dragon’s solo album to be released on his 21st birthday

Big Bang leader GDragon will release his first solo album on 18th August on his 21st birthday.

Yang Hyun Seok revealed that on Mnet ‘2NE1 TV’ aired on 2nd July. And on a phone interview with YG on 2nd July, They revealed, “We will have to look into the situation more carefully.”

GDragon’s solo album was pushed back from the initial release date in April because of his slight depression due to great workload he was handling that time. Hence he will be the 4th one from the group after TaeYang, DaeSung and SeungRi to go on his solo activities.

And GDragon is the 2nd member from the group to have his solo album. There are also plans for DaeSung to release a non-trot solo album later this year, and there are also plans TaeYang’s 2nd solo album.

Source

"Out of Music" Aug 2009 Interview

50678235.png

Big Bang is featured in the August 2009 issue of "Out of Music", a Japanese music magazine and gave a great interview where they talk about each other, musical styles, their time in Japan, and their Japanese singles. Translated below.

G-DRAGON: I wanted to convey a new feeling to the Japanese people. For example, we watched the mood and the tones. We watched a lot of Japanese PVs and movies and reflected on that.

-First time meeting you. Bigbang finally debuting in Japan's mainstream music field, could you please introduce yourself? Starting with SOL, what does your name 'SOL' mean, that you are using during your Japanese activities?

Taeyang: I'm SOL; I'm a vocal. My Korean stage name is Taeyang which means "Sun". In Spanish, the word "SOL" means "SUN".

Daesung: I'm D-LITE. This name means 'always bright'.

T.O.P: I'm TOP; I'm a rapper. This is the name that Se7en who's a senior in our company, made for me. The name "T.O.P." can also mean 'the peak, the top"; there are many ways you can define this name and I brought the initials.

Seungri: I'm a vocal. In Korea my stage name in 'Seungri' which means 'Victory'. So Victory- V.I.

G-Dragon: I'm the leader who's in charge of song writing also. My Korean name's Jiyong, 'Yong' means 'dragon'. That's why it's G-Dragon.

-BIGBANG is a group full of musical talent. Could you point out the outstanding points of your members?

SR: First of all, SOL (Taeyang)’s dancing on stage is just great. I'm a guy, but I admire him. I envy him too.

DS: When SOL is recording, he sings in his own style; I learn a lot from him.

T.O.P: When he's on stage he's very polished up. And, he has a style that no other Korean singers have, so there are many people that copy him. His specialty is his sophisticated dances and his performance on stage. He always studies the little details. His voice in very deep; it’s full of 'soul' that no other Korean singer has. I think the level of our group went up thanks to SOL.

G-DRAGON: SOL has the 'Soul'. The other members mentioned a lot of stuff, but to add on to that, he has a groove and feeling that's superior to the others. The most significant thing is that he always has the mind to try his best. The result of his effort is him right now. He's magnificent. The amount of practice he does is outstanding. And on top of that he's always studying-, so I'm looking forward how he'll improve in the future.

-Your reaction's very cool.

TY: I'm ashamed/shy(laugh).

-Then D-LITE (Daesung)?

TY: The meaning is in his name too; he's bright in any situation. When the other members are sad, he's the one that gives us the strength. His voice tone's very heavy and has a wide vocal range. He's a vocalist that can sing a lot of parts. When he's singing sad songs, he can make the song seem even sadder. He has a vocal colour that can embrace all the sounds and voices.

-After I heard the songs, I thought of that too.

T.O.P: Can I say some bad stuff?

-What!?

T.O.P: Just joking(laugh). It's quite awkward talking about our members in a place like this. D-LITE (Daesung), musically adds the sentimental feeling to BIGBANG's music. He's very good at conveying the sad feeling to other people and has a lot of 'colors'. He's working hard and is receiving a lot of love and support from a lot of people. He has a lot of merits.

SR: D-LITE's a very natural person. When we(staffs and members) look at D-LITE, he makes us happy. He’s like a hyung. (*hyung=older guy)

G-DRAGON: From a director's perspective, he can easily absorb the notes and the song. He can rapidly finish the recording. As SOL said, he has a voice that feels like it is embracing the sounds, and is a person with a lot of talent. He's even on variety shows on TV. For example, he's like "a tree with a lot of fruit". Also, he has a great personality; he's a person that I would like make my younger brother(laugh). He has a lot of merits and has a bright personality. When he sings a new note, he puts in the effort to reach it fast. We're looking forward to his future; Daesung will "succeed greatly". Daesung means "大成(succeed greatly)".

-Then T.O.P?

TY: He's the oldest but likes to joke around. However when he raps you can never see that side of him. He has a charismatic style.

DS: Can I say "He has none"?

(All laughs)

T.O.P: It's okay. You can say anything, even the bad stuff(laugh).

DS: Just kidding(laugh). Musically, T.O.P's starting to write songs. I like T.O.P as a composer too; he made a bossa nova music style song(*착한 사람). After hearing that song I became his fan. His rapping's very powerful. For example, when G-DRAGON comes into his rap, I think it's great how they collaborate together. And as a person he's....

T.O.P: Useless? (laugh)

DS: No no (laugh). He's the oldest by age, but is very nice to us, who are younger.'

SR: T.O.,P first of all is very cool! Very handsome too. He also writes lyrics for our songs. One of his masterpieces is listed in one of our albums. If T.O.P studied Japanese, I believe that he would make great songs in Japanese too.

G-DRAGON: If you had to explain T.O.P it would be that he has a "free soul". From his personality, to his actions and music, he has his own unique "T.O.P style". Musically, he doesn't look awkward at all when he makes new challenges. He has a lot of talent. About his voice color, his voice has a great impact. When people hear his rap, people will like him; that's his style. And his personality, if you ask which side then he's manly and you can see that from his actions. That's T.O.P. Therefore T.O.P will become "TOP".

-How about V.I (Seungri)?

TY: He's always confident. He takes the initiative and sets an example for us. He has a lot of motivation for his own color; in Korea he's in dramas, musicals and is even an MC.

DS: Usually when people start new thing, they hesitate and don't step forward. V.I is always willing to challenge himself. He's full of confidence and is able to show his results. He's the youngest in our group, but there's a lot to learn from him. For example, in your working field there are a lot of people that are above you. There probably would be some things that are hard to do, but he always works with a bright attitude. I'm thankful for that point.

T.O.P: His voice tone in BIGBANG's music, gives a feeling of Western music. Also, his fan services are outstanding. For example, when a fan turns their back, he makes them come back with his fan services. His ability to absorb everything, he has a charm that attracts people. He has a lot of desire in many areas- I don't know what he's thinking about... That was a joke(laugh). His passion towards dancing is outstanding too. He's studying, listening to music. He's a person that works very hard. Also when we release a new album the fans always say, "V.I always improves"(laugh). He makes us feel something, and makes us think that we should work harder.

G-DRAGON: We talk about this a lot amongst ourselves a lot, he has the concentration and tenacity that we even think he would survive in a deserted island. He's also really good at working with other people. Has great desires. Since he's still young, there are parts where we say 'since he's still young-', so we're looking forward to his future. Also, he's lived by himself for a long time. You might think that many unfortunate things would happen working as a group, but he always deeply things about everything. However because not everyone knows that, some people that meet him for the first time think he's a little arrogant and has boundaries. However when they get to know him, they'll notice how charming he is. So within this group, he's the cute youngest brother. When he hears, "this isn't it" from someone, he's the cute youngest brother that tries to fix that part. Musically, he has the strong sensibility of a boy. His voice colour enriches BIGBANG's music. He's always passionate toward dancing and is a person that always works hard. He'll make more progression in the future. He'll make "Victory" in BIGBANG.

-Lastly, could you talk about your leader G-DRAGON.

TY: I've grown up with him for the past 9 years. He has a lot of talent. He can write lyrics, compose, rap, sing and even dance. He's an all ground player. He has a contrasting personality to mine, so G-DRAGON and I we tried to fill up the space; I learned a lot from him. As BIGBANG’s leader he's very calm and cool-headed. He's a perfectionist.

DS: As a leader he guides us through the path we need to go and is a leader that leads us well. You might think that there would be a lot of clashes within the group, but because of our great leader BIGBANG all the way to this spot without fighting. I'm thinking G-DRAGON will become a 'dragon'(laugh).

T.O.P: He writes songs; I think he's a person that makes addictive melodies. When you listen to his songs, you fall into them; he has a wide range of support from Korea. BIGBANG has a wide fandom because of the music he makes; it is because of G-DRAGON. Also, within the group he always looks after the members. He looks after the younger members. These days we have busy schedules so there are some times that he can't look after us at much, but he always checks on us. He likes to be fancy on stages and he's good at pulling it off. Lastly, I also think G-DRAGON will become a 'dragon' (laugh).

SR: G-DRAGON is BIGBANG's leader, but is also a producer. There are a lot of BIGBANG hit songs that of his from and has a lot of talent. I'm looking forward to the songs he'll write in the future. He's a great hyung.

-Thank you. I heard that you guys are living in Japan right now. Are there any hard parts about this?

SR: The language of course. There are no problems when we're shopping, but it’s hard when we're on air.

-How about the housework while you're living here?

TY: That's also a problem while we're in Korea too(laugh).

-Who's the member that's best at cleaning?

TY: G-DRAGON of course. He's good at cleaning and organizing.

G-DRAGON: I can't work when my surroundings are dirty.

-Interesting. Then who's the person that messes up everything?

T.O.P: That person's me(laugh). However, when you live with each other you become like one another. I also clean these days.

-Now, I would like to ask about your debut single "MY HEAVEN". The melody and the lyrics, the song really touches you.

TY: This is a song made from the collaboration of G-DRAGON and Daishi Dance. This is a love song that expresses the sadness that everyone's been through before.

-In your "NUMBER 1" album you sung this in Korean; was the feeling different singing it in Korean and in Japanese?

TY: The feeling of the song "MY HEAVEN" didn't really change even after singing it in Japanese.

DS: The pronunciation was hard. Before singing it I listened to the meaning of the lyrics and sung it while thinking of the meaning.

-The content of the Japanese lyrics is a little different from the Korean lyrics.

TY: Yes. The Korean lyrics convey a "I'm in a loving relationship" message but in the Japanese version it’s the opposite.

-The song's sadder because it's thinking back about the past. T.O.P you're in charge of the rap, but I though it would even be hard for a Japanese person to rap the rap part in 'MY HEAVEN'.

T.O.P: About the rap, in the past I did it all in English. But because we were debuting in the major field, I wanted to let more of the Japanese people to listen to my rap, so I decided to rap in Japanese. I had my mind on my pronunciation, but I also thought of the feeling that you can only feel while rapping in Japanese. I tried to make it sound more vibrant; I also concentrated on my tone and many other rapping techniques.

-Is there a key to rapping?

T.O.P: The more you listen and come in contact with rap, the more you improve.

-So it's important to constantly come in contact.

T.O.P: Yes. When you come in contact, please listen to BIGBANG's music(laugh). We're planning to do bring more vibrant music in Japan, so please listen to our music.

-About the PV, the former masterpieces of BIGBANG were more dazzling; but this time I got the feeling you held it in a little bit.

G-DRAGON: I wanted to convey a new feeling to the Japanese people. For example, we watched the mood and the tones. We watched a lot of Japanese PVs and movies and reflected on that.

-Is there a piece that you specifically were impacted on?

G-DRAGON: We watched a lot, so I can't pick out just one piece. We studied the color and specific points for our piece. While watching a lot of Japanese videos, I received a lot of the sentimental feeling.

-Sentimental?

G-DRAGON: For example the mood, houses or building, and streets were very organized, so there was a detailed and beautiful feeling to it. I sensed a cool feeling while receiving a warm feeling. I thought it was sentimental that way. Somewhat a "weak and vague feeling".

-After 'MY HEAVEN', you're releasing your second single album in July.

TY: We're releasing it on July 8, which is in the summer. I thought it would be great if we would be able to enjoy it all together in the summer. 'Gara Gara GO!!' is a single album that looked more into BIGBANG's colour.

-Adding on to that, is there anything that you guys would like to do in the Summer in Japan?

TY: I want to go to the beach with our members.

SR: I want to go to the beach too. We've been to Okainawa before but we didn't have time to hang out there.

-That's sad. How about festivals?

TY: I heard that festivals are big here in Japan, but we've never been to one yet. If we have the chance I would like to go.

DS: We've passed by a "Cherry blossom festival" while driving.

-I heard that SOL and T.O.P really like eating good food. What was the best in Japan?

TY: Fried meat. Everything in Japan tastes good so it's hard to pick.

T.O.P: Dishes with tuna such as mero fry. Or the tuna belly.

-Is the food that you guys like very different from each other?

SR: We usually like eating the same stuff. Such as sashimi(*raw fish), or crab. We like the basic food like rice with beef, ramen in Japan.

TY: Are you saying those are "basic foods"....(laugh)?

T.O.P: All of our members like eating good food so we discuss before choosing our menus.

-Lastly, a message to the people that are looking forward to BIGBANG's activities?

TY: BIGBANG has debuted in the major field and we're planning to perform in many places starting from 'MY HEAVEN'. I think we'll be able to meet you more often. Please support us.

DS: We'll always work hard!

T.O.P: I really want to work hard to raise your hopes for us. We're doing promotions in Japan for a long period of time, I want to show you all the charms and sides of BIGBANG.

-You also have an event to celebrate you major debut on the day of the release of your second single album on July 8.

TY: Yes. We want to show you an extraordinary stage, so I hope you come.

SR: I'm very nervous and excited because we debuted in the major music field. We'll work hard so please give us the support.

G-DRAGON: Everyone said a lot of positive things; if you listen to our second single album you'll be album to notice a different side of us. I want to make something that will emphasize BIGBANG's charms and color. We'll work hard and study to not make us seem like overseas artist; please look forward to us.

post-25098-0-1446089377-73514_thumb.jpg