Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

MIRANDA KERR MAY BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS BUT HAS PLENTY OF TIME FOR THE ROYAL HOSPITAL FOR WOMEN

f8d6e68c05a57ba5047ecf14682e379c.thumb.j

Miranda Kerr is home for Christmas, but she’s not here to relax. The 32-year-old mother of one landed in Sydney on Tuesday morning, and has been busy ever since, appearing at Westfields and the Royal Hospital for Women, where she has been appointed ambassador. “I’m very passionate about women’s health, I really believe in what they’re doing at the hospital, they’re supporting women and saving lives every day,” the former Victoria’s Secret angel explained. “I myself was a premature baby, I was six weeks early and had to receive special care and be in a humidicrib for over a week ... I’m really keen to do whatever I can to give back.”

Source: dailytelegraph.com.au

" WOMEN'S HEALTH IS CLOSE TO MY HEART ": MIRANDA KERR ANNOUNCED AS THE NEW AMBASSADOR FOR THE ROYAL HOSPITAL FOR WOMAN FOUNDATION

2F7150F300000578-3363573-image-a-13_1450

Aside from her role as Swarovski Ambassador and Kora Organics founder, Miranda Kerr has added a new role to her already busy schedule. On Thursday, the 32-year-old model was named the Ambassador for The Royal Hospital for Women Foundation.  After the announcement, the former Victoria's Secret model met with hospital staff including doctors, nurses, as well as patients. She also took a tour of The Royal’s Newborn Care Centre, where she met with parents and premature babies including baby Astrid, born at just 27 weeks and six days gestation, weighing only 960 grams and her parents Abbey and Hamish; also mum Gai with her twins Beau and Isaac, also born at just 27 weeks and weighing only 1220 grams and 1240 grams respectively. Kerr said women's health was close to her heart and something she felt passionate about. I’m honoured to be announced as the Ambassador to The Royal Hospital for Women Foundation,' she said. 'The hospital has such a strong history dedicated to treating women in need. 'The level of care, compassion and ground-breaking research that happens every single day at The Royal is remarkable.'  The Foundation's chief executive office Catherine Oates Smith said Kerr was a 'natural choice' for the role. 'We have the largest premature intensive care unit in the state [NSW],' she said. 'Miranda was born six weeks early and had to spend some time in a humidity crib. 'As a parent she gets the connection mums have with their unborn child during pregnancy. 'Then emergencies happen and the child is then having to be born prematurely. The parents then have to leave their sick child in hospital and go home. 'Miranda needed special care and spent a week in the humidity crib and if she didn't have that special care she wouldn't of made it through. 'Having that special care -  and having a healthy baby herself - she understands how difficult its is to leave a child in the hospital.' Ms Oates Smith said the Foundation raises money for the hospital and Kerr would help to raise those vital funds. 'At the moment we are raising money to build accommodation so [parents] don't have to go home,' she said. 'About 70 per cent of the life saving equipment purchased in the unit was made possible through Foundation's fundraising efforts. 'Another 50 per cent of the humidity cribs were also purchased thanks to the Foundation.'  Ms Oates Smith said she was hoping to run a fundraising campaign with the Aussie model next year.

Source: dailymail.co.uk