Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

FACE OF AN ANGEL ?

HER BEAUTY HAS EARNED HER MILLIONS, AND MEN FIGHT OVER HER WHEREVER SHE GOES. KATE SPICER MEETS MIRANDA KERR. THE MOST TALKED-ABOUT MODEL OF THE MOMENT

What a thing to be so beautiful inside and out that you can reduce grown millionaires, elves and arrogant man-children to street-brawling yobs. The Aussie model Miranda Kerr's name hangs over the biggest tabloid dust-ups of recent months like a latter-day Helen of Troy; most recently, last month, her ex-husband, Orlando Bloom, took aim at rumoured fling Justin Bieber in a restaurant in Ibiza.

At first, all questions about the 31-year-old Victoria' Secret model's private life are off limits: frustrating but expected. We may only talk about the reason we are here today, to promote her role as spokeswoman and model for the original designer-denim label, 7 for All Mankind. The brand's marketing director tells me that Kerr has the precise sex appeal they want, which is "sophisticated". In real life, the sophisticated flesh is nowhere to be seen, buttoned up behind the double-denim shirt and high-waisted skinnies. She is wearing discreet fake eyelashes and less discreet diamond studs.

That much-discussed personal life is of course the elephant in the suite at the Carlyle Hotel in New York, where we meet. She split with Bloom last October; they have one child, Flynn, 3, who is " my number one priority, and then my work. My son is an absolute joy. I have a nanny who comes when I work, but when I get home she leaves and I switch my phone off. The nanny is with him all the time when he is with Orlando; don't get mi wrong, he's great dad. it's just me being a protective mother and wanting to make sure all his needs are met. I want to keep Flynn's routine. Orlando's fine with it. In fact, he likes it, it's less pressure."

Kerr is now rumoured to be dating James Packer, one of Australia's richest men. ( The pair were introduced by their respective spouses, who had met and worked together in London. The families even used to holiday together). The billionaire was caught scrapping in the street earlier this year, Packer exchanging punches with his old friend David Gyngell. ( Reports claim Gyngell confronted Packer over the way he'd handled his love life). Both men were fined. " They weren't fighting over me ", she says. Why were they fighting , then ? " I won't comment on other people's actions and decisions. James and I are friends, but people want to make a story, the public want to put me with someone. I know the truth, I am single, and the people that are important to me know the truth, and that is all."

All this tabloid drama is totally at odds with the woman Kerr says she is. The flyleaf of her first self-help book, Treasure Yourself, says she can " shine the light of positivity on those who need it most ". It is aimed at teens and twentysomethings: " my generation", as she calls thm. It is not pitched at cynical journalists, who would find it all too easy to mock. She has laid her own inecurities out, and described how she overcame them." People find it hard to believe there is more to me than what they see on the outside". Meanwhile, the second book, Empower Yourself, is full of affirmations such as " I soothe my body and soul by taking a bath ", and " I speak up when I see smeone is being bullied ". Precise sales figures of either tome are hard to come by.

Does she have a wicked side, I wonder. " Do I seem boring ? " she asks. I say no - just completely unreal, like a saint. " Of course I have a wicked side. Don't we all ? I can go to a party and have a drink or two and dance all night, but I don't feel the need to overdo it. Of course I have been ... " she pauses, looking for the right word. Drunk ? Messy ? " Yes, a few times in my life. I can actually have fun and enjoy myself without having to take it too far. A little party never killed nobody - that's from Gatsby, right ? I love music, I love dancing. I dance every day in my house, everything from Tiesto  to Dr Dre or Chopin. Did you see the piece on me in GQ ? " ( In which she hinted, mildly, that she might swing both ways ). She clearly doesn't, right ? " I think every magazine has their audience, let's put it that way ".

It's a relief to get a glimpse of the stone-cold operator that I suspect she is. According to Forbes, she is the second-highest-paid model in the world after Gisele Bundchen.  I ask her about this and she replies, a touch haughtily: " I can't comment. I don't know how much she is paid ". No one succeeds in modelling by being a delicate flower, and it is this concealed steel that redeems Kerr from this exhausting parade of perfection. For all the slagging she has received since fight number one, I have to admire her when her response to fight number two ( Bieber v Bloom ) is to post a picture from the 7 campaign on her Instagram page.

In Treasure Yourself, she describes twice having her retinas burnt by close flashes on beauty shoots, and only continued because she feared being perceived as a " complaining model ". The second time it happend, she hardened and decided only ever to do what she felt comfortable with. In another book anecdote, Kerr describes a photographer who egged on a group of models, including her, to increasing levels of sexual display: she eventually, and politely walked off set. " I didn't judge (the  others ), but I wondered if they really want to be doing that or if they felt pressure. By me standing up and saying that it doesn't really work for me, then maybe it empowered other girls to do the same ". And did it ? " A couple of the girls did follow me, yes ".

She doesn't, however, have any problems with the notorious fashion photographer Terry Richardson, who has been accused of sexual objectification and uestionable conduct on shoots. " I've worked with Terry multiple times and only ever had positive experiences ". Where do these allegations come from then ? " I can't comment on other people's allegations, but I started working with him when I was older and established and I come from a different ... " she navigates the words carefully and gives up, starting afresh. " I like to set the scene before I even get to work with prayer, and setting the tone with intention. Always before I go to work, I bless this day, let it be illuminated with light and love ".

With her unstoppable flow of spiritual chat, modest behaviour and self-help aphorisms, Kerr comes across as somewhere between anchoress nun and Miss World. She believes in the power of prayer; hers are " simple and direct ". " I'll pray for everyone in my day. I prayed for you today ".

So what's her secret - apart from prayer ? I have a theory that she comes from the old-fashioned school of not giving out. In an interview, she admitted Bloom had to wait six months for a kiss from her. She is a chaste flirt and that drives men absolutely wild. Did she sleep with Bieber ? Is she going out with Packer ? Did she do the dirty on Bloom ? The tabloid juice is hard to square with this wide-eyed angel.

Sorry I don't have a scanner.This article comes from SUNDAY TIMES STYLE ( 17th August,2014 ) Flower%20for%20you.gif

" The feelings are mutual, @mirandakerr :heart: "

attachicon.gif10514144_287658991406216_1954289617_n.jpg

Source: @luckymagazine Instagram

Todd Cole for LUCKY June 2014  :clap: 

post-39751-0-84178800-1409664028_thumb.jpost-39751-0-29823300-1409664030_thumb.jpost-39751-0-94118300-1409664030_thumb.jpost-39751-0-58417800-1409664031_thumb.j

Previously postedhttp://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/1910-miranda-kerr/?p=3424439

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/1910-miranda-kerr/?p=3424825