Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

GET THE COVER LOOK: MIRANDA KERR

HEAD_MIRANDA.thumb.jpg.1f309d405d05a863204887291071052e.jpg

We take you behind the scenes…

It was torrential rain when the Gritty Pretty Magazine crew assembled at Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles for Miranda Kerr’s Gritty Pretty Magazine Autumn 2019 cover shoot, but the weather surely didn’t dampen anyone’s excitement—especially Miranda.

Warmly embracing our team as soon as she arrived, Miranda got to work, shooting for the first time with Australian-born, US-based photographer Sylvè Colless. In between takes, her eight-month-old baby boy Hart popped in on set to give his mum a cuddle, and Miranda sat down with Gritty Pretty‘s beauty director/executive editor Hayley D’Onofrio to talk the global expansion of KORA Organics, juggling motherhood and running a business, and the benefits of choosing certified organic skincare.

LINK: http://grittypretty.com/interviews/get-the-cover-look-miranda-kerr-2/

On 2/27/2019 at 7:27 PM, DitaDiamondis said:

WSJ. The Future is Everything Festival - May 20-23, 2019

Miranda will be among the speakers.

Miranda-Kerr-Portrait.thumb.jpeg.79f69d6cf824963ba3c991c9ade57693.jpeg

source: foefestival.wsj.com/speakers/kerr_miranda/

This is an outtake from her New Gritty Pretty editorial.

MIRANDA KERR: GIRL MOST LIKELY

From model to mogul in the making, Kerr is on the trajectory to global business success - by Adriana Donnola

88e6ce6be3564a334fd915fb6a3bc9516c312eb6.thumb.jpg.5b6c7c14e18ed0964ca6e3926c687229.jpg

Leading the charge for efficacy in certified organic skincare is the one-woman powerhouse, Miranda Kerr. With modelling taking more of a back seat these days, the 35-year-old is clearly enjoying her recent career move—a strategic shift into the role of global beauty entrepreneur. As her dog, Teddy, barks in the background, Kerr calls in from the Los Angeles home she shares with her husband, Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel, their 10-month-old baby Hart and eight-year-old Flynn (Kerr’s son with actor Orlando Bloom) on a late and cold Friday afternoon. It’s been a hectic week in LA for the Kora Organics founder: her global team has been on the ground for its biannual conference, and a business dinner beckons. Before moving back into planning mode, though, Kerr takes a moment to reflect on how much her world has changed since introducing her third baby, Kora Organics, to the international stage.

INSTYLE: It seems like modelling has stepped to the side in favour of business these days…

MIRANDA KERR: [Starting my company] has been a labour of love, that’s for sure. I’m so grateful for my modelling career and [all] those experiences…if I didn’t have [that] I wouldn’t have been able to self-fund my business. I still do modelling jobs, but it has been almost two decades [now]. I’ve always been interested in the core business of my clients, not just being the “face” but really understanding their demographic, what they stand for and what their goals are. I wanted to know so I could represent their brand in the best and most authentic way possible and I learnt a lot that way. I knew I wanted to have my own company and so I invested my own money into Kora Organics. It’s not like I’m just the face of it— I own the company and I’m across every aspect, from research and development to marketing, retail, managing the P and L [profit and loss] and cash flow.

You’ve been at the forefront of promoting a holistic approach to beauty, so you must be thrilled that organic skincare is finally having its moment in the spotlight…

I’m incredibly excited about people becoming more aware of the ingredients in skincare and I think the next step is for people [to] realise the importance of being actually certified organic. What’s interesting now is that there is so much scientific research available comparing non-organic versus organic [ingredients], so when you are buying Kora Organics, you’re getting much more than just clean beauty—you’re getting a brand that’s certified through Ecocert Cosmos [the international organic certification body].

Are there significant women in business who have inspired you?

I have to say that [Belgian fashion designer] Diane von Furstenberg is an incredible woman who inspires other women. I very much believe in that same philosophy of uplifting and empowering other.

You named your baby Hart after your husband’s grandfather, and you’re very close to your family, too. How do you make sure family is at the forefront when life gets hectic?

My team understands that my family comes first—I’m going to come into the office after I drop my son to school, [or] do a conference call when my little baby is napping. When people know what to expect, you can manage those expectations. It’s also important that my kids see that I’m a working mum and I have my own business and that their dad has his own business and we both work hard and money doesn’t grow on trees! I’ve told Flynn already that he needs to start saving for his first car, so he started a lemonade stand. He gets lemons from the backyard and makes the lemonade himself with a little friend—they go outside on our driveway and sell lemonade, so he’s already saving for his first car! I told him I’m not going to buy him everything, he’s got to work for it. Of course you want to spoil them, [but] that’s how my parents raised me and that’s why I have the work ethic [that I do].

For more with Miranda Kerr pick-up the April issue of InStyle Australia from March 14th.

Source: instylemag.com.au