Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

I also hope she won't disappear after all this wonderful work, Ewciolina! :hug: She brings something new in the HF world (with girls like Adriana) which is sometimes really boring and snob! And thanks a lot for the little article from models.com. I felt a littel sad and it proves that I'm not alone to think of Miranda can be one of the biggest HF models! :clap: I also do think Meisel’s judgment is better than us... and apparently, he thinks Miranda can do HF and proves it very well! And I prefer a lot a professionnal’s opinion! :laugh:

For me Miranda is a very good model, and that's why Meisel and others now choose her. In this job you are typecast, but now she is breaking this point of view, and that is a good thing. Comparing to famous HF models, she is as good as they are. I love Vodianova too, and she is not better than Miranda is. It's just that she is more respected because since her career started, she only works with brand like Calvin Klein or Saint Laurent. If she had started with VS, people would told she is not versatile... I'm pretty sure it would be exactly the same story as for Miranda.

I often think fashion as finally nothing complicated: it's just a photogenic girl, wearing beautiful clothes and accessories for brands, and posing for editorials. It's not about art, or something very difficult. A model needs to have a little something in her face, in her attitude, and Miranda as it.

High fashion and commercial are finally about the same thing: SELLING to people products. For HF, it's expensive products, and for commercial brands, it's more cheap products. Ones are for rich (and I think that's why people pretend models who work for brands like Chanel are better), others for normal people. But it's all the same, no?

I really don't agree with the negativity aimed towards the editorial. I do understand (though I don't agree) the criticism towards the cover, it is very "safe" and it does capture a 90's feel; but this is part of the charm in my opinion. It is titled "The Vision of Femininity" so the 'cute' and 'sugary-sweet' cover is quite appropriate. One of the more sexual images from the editorial could have graced the cover, but I'm glad this classy simple shot made it. I like how contrasting the cover is to the inside editorial, it shows the diversity in femininity. Even within the editorial the images are somewhat contrasting, some shots are risque and very sexual, yet some show her smiling cutely or a simple yet mesmerising stare. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I honestly do feel her work is getting heavily scrutinized purely because she is a well known commercial model. If Miranda was an unknown model, I'm sure the reaction would have been much less critical and negative. Sure, the cover and editorial didn't have an underlying political message like previous covers/editorials of Vogue Italia, but since when does a fashion magazine have to have this? Is it really such a crime for an editorial in a fashion magazine to focus purely on the clothes and model?

I both agree with you, Rosewitha and Tommac! It's really well said! And you rock! :laugh: Miranda's editorial has so much critics cause she is famous and started her career in a commercial way. That's all!

And about Korean Vogue : why does Miranda seem to talk about two different covers? What do you understand? :unsure:

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions, personally i did not even mention the latest ed, I was speaking in general. But keep in mind that supermodels and anyone in the public eye is exposed to critics, that's how it works. Everyone agrees, at least it seems, that this is Miranda's greatest career moment, the big question is if she will be able to keep her place in the HF world, cause as bad as it may sound you have to recognize HF has started to 'use' her only recently. When she comes back after pregnancy she will be 28, as I said it will be rather challenging. If she is able to make it and keep up the recent work good for her, I am not wishing her not to make it, if not I think she will definitely turn on something else, may be movie industry or her own cosmetic line.

If this way of thinking makes of me a 'bad' fan I don't know what to say, I always speak my mind and try to be as objective as I can, if I don't 'rock' anymore, no big deal. :p

Namaste

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions, personally i did not even mention the latest ed, I was speaking in general. But keep in mind that supermodels and anyone in the public eye is exposed to critics, that's how it works. Everyone agrees, at least it seems, that this is Miranda's greatest career moment, the big question is if she will be able to keep her place in the HF world, cause as bad as it may sound you have to recognize HF has started to 'use' her only recently. When she comes back after pregnancy she will be 28, as I said it will be rather challenging. If she is able to make it and keep up the recent work good for her, I am not wishing her not to make it, if not I think she will definitely turn on something else, may be movie industry or her own cosmetic line.

If this way of thinking makes of me a 'bad' fan I don't know what to say, I always speak my mind and try to be as objective as I can, if I don't 'rock' anymore, no big deal. :p

Namaste

I agree with you about the pregnacy's problem cause it seems very hard to come back (and for every models, I think) after a pregnacy. As I said it before, it's really worrying for her career. And everbody can have an opinion. There is not bad or good fan. It's just I don't understand when people says she has no potential to do HF... cause she did recently a lot of great work, as good as other HF models...

And muffins, do you know what is the second Vogue cover? Is it two Korean covers? :unsure:

I both agree with you, Rosewitha and Tommac! It's really well said! And you rock! :laugh: Miranda's editorial has so much critics cause she is famous and starts her career in a commercial way. That's all!

And about Korean Vogue : why does Miranda seem to talk about two different covers? What do you understand? :unsure:

Awh thank you :) I'm glad you agree.

Namaste

I wasn't responding to you at all :) I completely agree. Although it sounds bad; her pregnancy couldn't have come at a more awkward time. She has just reached huge success career wise, at a late age of 27 (in terms of the modelling industry) and taking a break due to the pregnancy could put a stop to the interest in her in the High Fashion market. It would be a huge shame if her success didn't continue, but it is likely that this could happen.

I was just making a general comment responding to peoples criticism regarding Miranda's editorial. I've been reading comments on other forums and whatnot and many people are being unfair with their opinions, maybe its just hard for them to shut off their mind-set of Miranda as a commercial lingerie model.

You're not a bad fan at all, you're just taking into consideration the effects of her personal life on her career.

I also think that there are two new different covers. One - is Korea Vogue and another is with Angels. Maybe US Vogue ? Miranda will not be at this year's show so it can be little substitute ? It would be great.

I do not know much about fashion as well as you. But it's good that Meisel is her "protector". Laetitia Casta was a muse of Yves Saint Laurent. I have nothing against that Meisel took pictures of Miranda non-stop ;)

Vanessaaa thank You :heart: . How cute our Miranda is. :blush: I could watch it endlessly.

From Miranda FB:

" Hey Guys, I am going to increase the number of signed copies.

The last order number for signed copies is now order number 2000 (still have a bit of time).

My little arms are going to be aching.

Lots of love "

:laugh:

I am glad that her Kora business is doing so well. Miranda is really a person with a sincere heart:

" To be fair to everyone around the world we are opening the TREASURE YOURSELF PRE-ORDER online purchasing at 5.00pm TODAY ". She wrote. Fever lasts :). The book aroused considerable excitement. Miranda will have a lot to do in the autumn evenings. She still grows in my eyes.