Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

VS girls are not a team outside of the brand in my opinion. There are independent models, and Miranda proves it very well these last months with all her editorials and campaigns for prestigious high fashion brand on her own. She has something very popular and at the same time very high fashion.

And I truly don't believe Alessandra could have her own Vogue Italy cover, except if Katie Grant places her, as she always do for all her recent stuff. If this woman as no connection with people from VI, then Alessandra could never be on it.

People put VS girls together a lot. Some people (even fans) think that if Adriana and Miranda have a Vogue cover for Spain, then Alessandra will too. That is the way it goes for them. Steven Meisel has much control over who gets a Vogue Italia cover. Katie Grand would never get Alessandra on a VI cover because of that. Only Meisel girls get a Italian Vogue cover. I do not think Adriana will get one but I think she could get a Vogue Paris cover at some stage. But Alessandra? No.

I love that editorial! I hope for more Meisel work from Miranda! :evil:

I was ironical when I talked about the eventuality of Alessandra having a VI cover. I dislike very much the fact Katie Grand always find her all of her stuff, when girls like Miranda (and others) are working very hard to make a place in High Fashion work. And that's why I'm proud to see she'll probably be the one and only VS model to land this fabulous september cover. She deserves it.

Thank you so much, mayfrayn!! :hug: This editorial is just wonderful and there is soooo many pages! It's incredible! And there is really strong pics. As always, Miranda is very impressive, even in a "classic" shoot! :clap:

:ddr: :ddr: :ddr: I love this editorial. She showed that a woman can have many faces submissive, angry, passionate, etc. Pregnancy acts favorably upon her . Her breasts are rounded. I admire her skin - so healthy, supple, neat and bright. Is it thanks to Noni and Kora? It is obvious that Miranda adequately cares for her work tool I mean body, skin and hair. Some models look ugly without makeup or have acne.

I hope that in Poland glasses will be also included to this issue.

I love VI pictures. I look at them all the time :) Miranda wrote on her FB that she hasn't seen them yet - " How crazy though the cover is supposed to be 3D!! I will have to get some 3D glasses " :)

Do You think that work with Meisel can change her career for much much better ?

Miranda said on her Facebook that she also has a Korean Vogue cover with other VS angels! It's just crazy! Do you imagine ??? A new Vogue cover! :ninja:

And Rosewitha, I totally agree with you. :yes: VS models are not a team except for some fans (but fortunately, the fashion world, as stylish, photographs, don't think so!!). Miranda is the only VS models who have such incredible rise (and only by herself, not cause of a friendship)... The other angels can absolutely not be compared to her (even if I wish the very best to Adriana).

Miranda said on her Facebook that she also has a Korean Vogue cover with other VS angels! It's just crazy! Do you imagine ??? A new Vogue cover! :ninja:

And Rosewitha, I totally agree with you. :yes: VS models are not a team except for some fans (but fortunately, not for the fashion world, as stylish, photographs, etc.). Miranda is the only VS models who have such incredible rise (and only by herself, not cause of a friendship)... The other angels can absolutely not be compared to her (even if I wish the very best to Adriana).

I was on Korea Vogue site there is nothing new :). Oh maybe US Vogue cover soon ? I would like to see her on Paris Vogue :blush: Let's go VOGUE :laugh:

I do think she'll have a US Vogue cover very soon, darling! :kiss: She is on the roll and she probably has big surprises for us, like new Meisel's editorials! Can't wait for october! :clap: I don't know for a Paris Vogue cover, but I'd like it too! I'd also like a second editorial by Demarchelier (bigger than the first one). ;)

And presently, I can't understand why Australia Vogue waits for to put her on their cover! Are they blind or something like that? :laugh: But after all, Vogue Spain, Italia and US are much more important than Australia Vogue!

I do think she'll have a US Vogue cover very soon, darling! :kiss: She is on the roll and she probably has big surprises for us, like new Meisel's editorials! Can't wait for october! :clap: I don't know for a Paris Vogue cover, but I'd like it too! I'd also like a second editorial with Demarchelier (bigger than the first one). ;)

And presently, I can't understand why Australia Vogue waits for to put her on their cover! Are they blind or something like that? :laugh: But after all, Vogue Spain, Italia and US are much more important than Australia Vogue!

With all due respect to our wonderful colleagues from Australia :flower: who make a lot of good to the forum and I appreciate them very much I already do not care about the Australian cover. They / I mean magazine / scored themselves a suicidal goal. Now would be a strange place her on the cover shortly after the prestigious editions.

This was just posted on the Fashion Spot from Miranda's facebook. :evil:

"I have done Vogue covers a few times (Spanish, Korean also with the other VS angels on another) and am excited to be on the Italian one now with my little Frankie. love Miranda xxx"

The Vogue Italia ed is so beautiful. I agree that the whole the 3-D thing may be interesting in the magazines, but the pics look kind of distorted in the scans. :pinch:

It's a very interesting idea, though. I can admit that, even though I hate 3-D with a firey passion.

I love all her different poses and expressions; it would be pretty terrible if she made the same expression in each shot like some models would. :wub:

Anyways, thank you, mayfrayn! :wave:

Full editorial:

Miranda Kerr for Vogue Italia September 2010

photographer Steven Meisel

scanned by me

She looks nice there, but just nice I don`t see any potential in her for doing high-fashion. She looks cute in every pic but "cute" is not relevant for high fashion stuff, there has to be so much more in her facial expressions and body postures. ;)

I think that each opinion is to be respected. I try to be objective and I think what Nefertiti says makes sense. Also I believe the big challenge for Miranda will be coming back after the pregnancy break and in that case she will prove what she can or can't do, if the HF explosion with all these eds and covers was just an episode or her natural path.

As for Miranda's body - it is without reservation. Her face ( which I admire ) is too beautiful and maybe that's why she is perceived as beautiful and cute celebrity. Some models are very plastic. / Skipping the fact that for me, some look like a guy / You can do anything with them. At shows people are looking for clothes not for them / I mean models /. A photographer can realize his visions using such a " material ". Such a model may be wearing a dress with a ruffled either be smeared in the mud. Miranda has a hard situation because she is like a bacterium under a microscope. Many people associate her only as a VS Angel or Orlando Bloom's girlfriend. I hope that she will be receiving a more and more proposals so she would be a chameleon. She must have more sessions in which they will make her unrecognizable. She has potential and is versatile. These two sessions for Numero are useful. Let's keep our fingers crossed that next year will bring her many HF projects. Perhaps by working with Meisel something change?

This year may be counted as successful. You can call it a breakthrough. We have 4 more months. Miranda is still working, still a lot can happen. Let us be of good cheer :). I hope to see two new covers - Vogue Korea and another that she did with VS girls. Maybe US Vogue ?

"I have just been busy with the blog and I have a few things up my sleeve but you will have to wait and see " She wrote on her FB

From models.com

" Don't let the innocent cover fool you though, Steven Meisel taps into the sexy side of the VS angel turned high fashion phenom. Meisel's portraits are sensual and revealing, offering up a fresh perspective on Miranda's girlish appeal just on your 3D specs and prepare to enjoy! "

On vogue.es we can find this article / I emphasized in red " Model of the moment" /

spanishv.jpg

Everyone wants Miranda :thumbsup:

When I look at Miranda's photos and those of HF models (Vodianova, Donaldson, etc.), I am sorry but I do not see a big difference! Miranda doesn't prove unworthy. And it seems to me that if Meisel and others famous photographs want to work with her, it's the proof that she has a potential and real capacities. If it wasn't the case, why would they work with her? But of course, it's just my point of view... :flower:

But I also agree with one point... The return after the pregnancy is rather worrying. It seems to me that it was a very bad moment to leave (simply the best time of her career). I hope that she would come back in HF world but I am not sure... :( Fingers crossed!