Bellazon

Naomi Campbell
Thumbnail

happycanadian2

Profiled in Ocean Drive magazine 1996,dubbed the hardest working Supermodel and the Supreme. And I have to quote their "Long may she reign"...they just didn't know how true that would be 10 years into her career than,and 10 later in '06 yeah she did the unthinkable and unmatched,hitting the 20 year mark solid & without a break! Scanned by me.

post-4137-1159480090_thumb.jpg

post-4137-1159480336_thumb.jpg

It's really hard to believe that she's been so relentlessly successful for TWO DECADES!

an absolute LEGEND. ;)

omifan, i'm sorry -- but i'm just not inspired in the Naomi thread at TFS without you there. :(

HP,what a suprise!

Its really amazing,all the b/s aside I think sometimes some people/haters get so caught up in the drama they don't stop to look. Well the fans,peers & experts know and she just is unmatched in doing that. She's BIONIC :blush:! It aint hard to tell,LoL! I'm so glad there is her in the world,and that I lived during her time,I'm serious as strange as that might sound. She made girls especially minorities proud and still has the same effect on me and many.

The naysayers when she started I felt sustained her intensity by saying 'Blackgirls don't get blah,blah' she knew it was going to be tough going in. They/restrictions still make her want to keep going. So unlike the girls who came after they thought it was going to be easy and its not so they gave up,got pushed out or moved on. She loves her job and most love her or at least respect what she can do cause she's still working well.

***BTW,I know I wanted to talk to the new Naomi fans there but what can you do?! I may comeback to that place but its ridiculous sometimes. I felt I did all that I could when I was there at her thread,at 90s and a few other places so its nice to know people saw that.

Also have you stopped by recently,you gotta see it,its a surprise. Tell me what you think after you see it!

it took 10yrs for her to get an american elle cover?????

:o :o :o

Yeah,even though she regulary appeared in the US eddition for like 10 years to that point(1996)! But she did have like every other Elle cover though,LoL. Its funny how they choose covers....Cindy had to wait 10 years for hers,Stephanie Seymour 8 years,Kate's never had one along with a few other girls. I guess Elle couldn't affoard many Supers,plus I know there weren't too picky about covergirls b/c they'd put just about anyone on the cover...were Vogue,Bazaar,etc are more selective.