Bellazon

Josephine Skriver
Thumbnail

sarnic

http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/dolce-gabbana-executive-resigns-josephine-skriver/?utm_campaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Fashion+Gone+Rogue+Daily+Digest&utm_source=getresponse

Dolce & Gabbana Executive Resigns + Josephine Skriver Responds to IVF Comments

A few days after Dolce & Gabbana’s controversial comments about IVF children were released, the effects are still being felt. Elton John and other celebrities called for a boycott of the brand while now the editorial director of the label’s magazine, Swide, has stepped down. Giuliano Federico, who worked with the brand for eight years, went on his Facebook page to write about his resignation, citing “[values that are] in total conflict with my personal beliefs and with my commitments towards civil rights in my country.” You can read his full statement here.

Josephine Skriver Responds to ‘Synthetic’ Comments

While a few designers have released statements on the controversy, top model Josephine Skriver, who walked the designers’ shows in 2011, had a personal aspect to add. The Victoria’s Secret model posted an image of herself as a child with the following caption on her Instagram page: “I am a child born of love and nothing else. #IAmNotSynthetic #IVF”. The model was referring to the “synthetic children” comment made by Domenico Dolce which angered many. Skriver is a child of IVF with a mother and father who are both gay.

post-3761-0-1446129325-07216_thumb.jpg

Boycott Already Over for Elton John?

In a strange turn of events, Elton John was spotted with a Dolce & Gabbana shopping bag only a day after his boycotting remarks surfaced. According to the Daily Mail, a spokesman for John said, “Yes he was carrying the bag but he hadn’t been shopping. And it should not detract from their original message or the boycott.” Perhaps it was a peace offering from the brand?

March 17, 2015 Dolce & Gabbana, News

While I do not quite agree with this:

"Being human is so much more than biology, or anything that science alone can explain," Josephine remarked. "We not only have the capacity to love, but also the human right to give love and receive love in return—that is what makes us human in the end."

- because, from the biological point of view, IVF chidlren are EXACTLY the same human beings as people born via "traditional" way, and a capacity to love and be loved has been proven by science in lots of species besides humans (so that´s not what makes us human in my opinion) -

however, I´m so proud she spoke up and I understand what she meant by these words.

I´m so sick of people being scared of new technologies (including the one that helps people conceive children in non-traditional way) and I´m so sick of prejudice and hate. Synthetic children, what an utter stupidity. Conceived this way or another, born this way or another, we are all the same humans - some just happen to be incredibly stupid. I feel sorry for everyone that has to deal with these stupid people and their "opinions" - because it can hurt really badly.

I´m so glad Jojo´s voice is strong enough to speak for those who do not have such courage or exposure and end up unheard.

Oh, I had no ideas IVF was involved with Josephine. Glad to hear her speak out and raise more awareness on this issue by some simple commentary. Just when you couldn't love a person anymore there she goes and does it again :wub:

And to add, I feel your same frustrations at times Jennka. I wish people would do a bit more research before they go the D&G route on something they don't quite understand :pinch: Ignorance isn't bliss in the sum end! :no:

Good for Josephine. Such an amazing young woman. I definitely do not agree with D&Gs comments at all about what they said. But I believe in free speech, even if I don't believe what someone else says. I understand people being angry and frustrated but at the end of the day he is expressing his own personal view, whether it is correct or not. I read a bit more about what he said and he just talked how he believes in the traditional aspect of a child being born. The "natural" way. But well sadly he's stupid because so many amazing people are born to IVF. It isn't synthetic at all. But he does have a right to his opinion and I think that's one thing people are forgetting in all this. A bit off Josephine topic. So back on it. Her VS shots are deadly. She's so sexy.