Bellazon

Daria Werbowy
Thumbnail

goose

...finally.. :clap: ...nice cover...thanx bigmax

Shinan: Daria Werbowy, in a white room

A rose is a rose is a rose.

And so is jet lag.

Crossing paths with that most level-headed of glamourpusses, Daria Werbowy, at a Lancome party put held in Toronto last week, I mentioned that we’d heard that she was off to The Seychelles the next day. “For a day,” she confirmed, giving me the smile and the shrug that is the supermodel’s cross to bear.

A job that takes one for 24 hours to an archipelago in the middle of the ocean, some 2,400 kilometres east of mainland Africa? Clearly, a big one. And, yet, par for the course for one of the planet’s most-in-demand picture-takers.

“Only she could make a rat tail braid look that good,” someone whispered a few darts away, referring to the this-old-thing dread that the guest of honour was rocking at the party, complete with Bianca Jagger-homage-paying white suit. It’s why they pay Daria the big bucks — or why French Vogue, for instance, devoted a near-entire issue to her in 2012. A 60-page spread!

Source;Shinan Govani /national post, JJ Thompson / medianeeds.ca

http://arts.national...n-a-white-room/

daria.jpg

:heythere: you're welcome :flower:

Here's something interesting... :morning:

Daria Werbowy

My Own Private India

In a blend of old world meets new, model Daria Werbowy documented her visit to Varanasi, one of India's oldest and holiest cities, with her iPhone's Instagram app (her moniker is @dotwillow), on a journey that took her from the Himalayas to a massive Hindu pilgrimage known as Kumbh Mela. On why she chose to trek through eastern India, Werbowy says, "India was always a place I was interested in, and I like to travel off the beaten path. I'm not a big planner. I came for a job and ended up staying for two and a half months."