Bellazon

Marlon Teixeira
Thumbnail

MauiKane

marlon interview for CoverMenMag

Marlon Teixeira is a young and very successful model. His career started in 2008, the year of his first international trip, "I remember very clearly of this trip, it was January 1st 2008, and I went straight to Paris, then to Milan. It was my first international trip. I couldn't speak English"

He signed an exclusive contract with Dior Homme and he worked with Karl Lagerfeld. About Lagerfeld Marlon reveals that "People think he is a cold person, but working with him was easier than you can imagine and in the studio he is very funny and he is always smiling, talking to people". Marlon walked for Dior in the fall/winter 2008 show, he got a contract until July 2009 and he shot the winter 2009 ad campaign.

During his stay in Milan and Paris, besides Dior campaigns, he shot a lot of editorials and campaigns such as Armani Jeans by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, Dazed and Confused by Mariano Vivanco and many more. Emporio Armani F/W 10/11, Armani Exchange and Villa Romana are some of the most recent jobs.

-Hello Marlon, I'm really flattered you accepted to be interviewed for CoverMen Mag!, to start this interview off, please give me some background information

Hey! I'm Marlon Teixeira, I am Brazilian and I live in NYC, was born on 16/09/1991. I have a small family consisting of everything but that more careful and thank God for them.

-When did you start modeling and was becoming a model an idea of yours or did anyone suggest it?

I started modeling at 17, my grandmother had a friend who owns my agency, he's giving and always helpful, because when I started I never expected much in return and also by the fact that everything happened more quickly.

-What was your first main assignment as a model?

I believe my first mission was to go to the fashion week in Paris/Milano in 2008, unable to speak English and without any experience of travel.

-Your profile on models.com is amazing, though you are very young, you are a real top model, did you expect such a great success?

I guess I did not expect nor hope for any sort of success.

-Do you like to do photo shoots for editorials and campaigns or do you enjoy doing the runways more?

I think they are different things, many times to do some "legal" show is fun, but it is also more fun to take pictures with a "legal" team.

-Tell me something about yourself and your hobbies, how do you usually spend your free time?

My favorite sport is surfing, it's the thing I most enjoy doing in my life, I think an incredible line of sun, waves, sea, beach, peace, I do not know why it fascinates me so much... I love to read and go to the movies too.

-Who or what motivates to achieve your goals?

I think without a doubt that the people motivates me most is my mom and she's very giving too.

-How do you keep in shape and what sports do you practice?

I think I practice many sports, sometimes I go to the gym and have a good routine.

-I know you travel alot for work, what is the most interesting place you have visited so far?

I think without doubt that it's Indonesia where I stayed 45 days on vacation just surfing. I fell in love with the place and want to go back on my next vacation.

-Thanks Marlon for taking your time to reply to my questions, it was a gift to me and my readers!

Thanks guys!

Marlon Teixeira,top male model

interview

Marlon looks great as per usual. I love when he does this mellow stuff. Its quite a change to the hectic editorial stuff he usually does.

I agree.it's very energy and cool campaign,and you can see in that video that he enjoy in this campaign.i would like to see marlon in this kind of editorials or campaigns more offten