Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves took their 2-year-old daughter Vida out for a walk with friends and family members in Los Angeles on Sunday (May 6, 2012). Levi, 3 1/2, wasn't seen with them. While in her dad's arms Vida observed their surroundings and carried her little purse with her.

post-42244-0-1445990175-55549_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1445990175-56429_thumb.jpg

InsideQ Extra with Camila Alves QVC.com

She's got Style in the bag

Extra Q and A's from our march Interview with Camila Alves

nsideQ: What’s it like designing handbags with your mother, Fatima?

Camila: We have a really good creative process. We come up with all the colors and materials and inspirations together, and she does a lot of the technical sketches. A lot of the time we’re traveling together—that’s where we get our inspirations from. We’re mother and daughter, but we really enjoy each other. I’m good at some aspects and she’s great at other aspects.

InsideQ: Where are you from in Brazil, and how often do you get back home?

Camila: Belo Horizonte. Every state in Brazil has a different “thing.” My state and where I’m come from is known for really good food and people with morals and a good constitution in their homes. It’s a good place to come from. I go to Brazil maybe five times a year for work, but it’s just quick in and out, and then I’ll take one long trip with the family and we stay a month and see my father and grandparents. I have a really big family back in Brazil and we’re all very close, so we try to go down there as much as we can.

InsideQ: Do you have any beauty secrets?

Camila: I’m very laidback, but I’m getting to an age now that I do have to worry a bit more—hormones change after having two kids. My skin is very sensitive, so the only thing I can use on my face is Cetaphil soap. I have this doctor in Brazil who makes these creams with all-natural ingredients, and it’s been really great for my skin. I’ve also started brushing my hair every night for 5 to 10 minutes, and it’s been the shiniest I’ve ever had. They say that once you brush it, you get the natural oils to go throughout the hair. I make a big shake in the morning with a lot of powders that have all the vitamins I like and flax seed oil, acidophilus, and Aloe Vera gel. I mix it with fruit and almond milk and that helps my skin. I try to have a balanced diet and watch what I eat; but I love my French fries, I love my chocolate, I love my steaks. I grew up eating rice, beans, and meat every day. So I will sit in a restaurant and EAT and have dessert. I try to balance it out by doing a juice cleanse for a week and then after that my routine is a little more healthy for awhile.

InsideQ March 2012 (QVC magazine)

http://d27vj430nutdmd.cloudfront.net/11698/98572/98572.1.pdf

"Bringing Together Fashion,

Function and Family Ties

Story by

Audrey Laine

I felt as though I’d known her for much longer. the accomplished fashion designer, model, television personality and philanthropist immediately put me at ease with her easy laugh and twinkling eyes, and her passion for creating handbags was quickly apparent. Her MUXO (pronounced “moo-show”) handbag collection embodies the irresistible allure of women. “MUXO means ‘Goddess of the Water,’” Camila explained. “I like the name so much because I think every woman is like water. Women have the power, strength and movement water has—and that mysterious beauty men just can’t figure out.”

Fashioned from the finest quality leather with hand-stitched details, MUXO closely resembles its sister line of couture bags, which came about when Camila was modeling in New York City. At the time, she had moved her mother, Fatima, from Brazil to live with her. “We started the collection to help out the family, but I also wanted my mom to do something she loves. She has three degrees in design and has been doing this her whole life. She knows so much—the woman can do anything! Our partnership is the best thing I could ever have.”

During the creative process, Camila and Fatima always keep customers in mind, never creating something “just because.” most of their handbags are lightweight, and a light-colored linen lining eliminates the dreaded “black hole.” hidden compartments are also their trademark, with places for a magazine, umbrella or water bottle. “It’s not your typical handbag. We work really hard to make something that’s fashion-forward and functional. Women today have full lives with kids, work and family; and we create bags to fit their busy lifestyles.”

Camila and her fiancé actor Matthew McConaughey, have been together six years and have two children, Levi (three) and Vida (two). a close-knit family, they spend a lot of time on the road when matthew’s working on a film, but that doesn't slow down Camila and Fatima. “Sometimes we work out of an office or garage, and Levi and Vida are right there with us. It’s funny—I had one handbag that we were trying to decide on the stitching because I thought it was too light. Vida came in and spilled her bottle right on the stitching and made it dark. but when my mom and I looked at it, we said, “Nope, that’s just the right color,” she laughs. “We’re very family-oriented. I’ll be cutting leather and sewing bags in the front of the TV with the kids.”

Although they’ve been traveling nine out of the last 12 months, Camila and Matthew keep life as normal as possible for Levi and Vida. “We try to create a solid base for them so they feel comfortable wherever they are. If I know we’re going to be somewhere for a longer period of time, I’ll find them a school to go to. I always have preschool books with me, so if we’re not going to school, we’ll pick a letter, learn how to write it and go to the supermarket and pick out things that start with that letter. It’s great, because they make friends all over and see things they wouldn’t see at home.”

Many in hollywood were quick to assume that Camila’s couture collection sprang up after she starting seeing matthew, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. “Everybody started saying, ‘because she’s in the media, she has a handbag line,’ and that’s not the case. my mother and I had been doing this for a long time before matthew and I got together. It’s not putting a famous face on a product. my mother knows so much about designing, and I’m learning everything from her. I’ve been around this my whole life.”

Camila loves chatting with customers on air and often receives thoughtful emails from them as well. “I love QVC customers because they’re so passionate and true. they write reviews in such a gracious, amazing way.” MUXO debuted last February during Fashion Week, and Camila’s excited to come back this month with many new styles (prepare for lots of admiring glances! “I guarantee you—people are going to compliment you on your bag. I know you’re going to love it. and if you’re not 100% sure, give it a chance, because people are going to say, ‘Where did you get this bag? You got it at QVC?’!”

Camila Alves out and about in NYC April 25,2012 LQS

Zimbio.com

HQS

th_6362e0190217157.jpg/monthly_05_2012/post-38290-0-1445990178-7135_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="2389097" alt="post-38290-0-1445990178-7135_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="150"> post-38290-0-1445990178-7947_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445990178-90086_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445990178-92829_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445990178-9493_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1445990178-99063_thumb.jpg

4/13/2012

Matthew McConaughey spent a lovely Mother’s Day sitting outside of Sucre with his fiance’ Camila Alves, their son Levi, and the rest of their family. McConaughey was in town to team up with fellow Texan Drew Breesand their friend Keny Chesney for the 3rd annual Amazing Race, a fundraiser that supported both the Drew Brees Foundation and McConaughey’s Just Keep Livin Foundation.

post-42244-0-1445990179-1942_thumb.jpg