Bellazon

Lionel Messi
Thumbnail

Natz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree, i don't know ... I have such a big crush on him, i think it's probably b/c unlike some other famous football players he seems to be so nice & down to earth, so cute&adorable ... & I love his smile :heart:

& yes, Leo & his girlfriend are such a cute couple :)

• 1 month later...

No one can be compared to Messi"

Barcelona winger Pedro Leon has joined the list of admirers who just cannot stop gushing about Lionel Messi.

Messi is widely considered to the best player in the world and has enjoyed the adulation of fans, pundits and fellow players for the past two years.

Now, teammate Leon has added his voice to the chorus by telling the press:"He is the best player in the world, and he has no comparison with any other player.

"Lionel Messi is irreplaceable, but we have won games when he hasn't been playing.

"He works hard every day and it shows on the field. He always wants to further himself and play here for a long time."

Messi won the European Golden Boot on Thursday and then declared that he wanted to continue playing for Barcelona for many more years.

The mercurial Argentinean started from the bench against Rubin Kazan in the midweek Champions League encounter, but couldn't help his side win the game, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Leon feels the result was down to the defensive tactics applied by the Russians - a ploy he feels more and more teams are adopting as they seek to disrupt Barca's slick passing and movement.

"Opposing teams defend against us a lot, but we are creating chances. We had many in Kazan, and we have to improve our aim for the games to come, but we are working well.

"We can improve our performance in front of goal, but we are calm about the situation," he said.

Barca play Real Mallorca at home on Sunday. A win for the Catalans would see them reduce the gap between themselves and leaders Valencia to one point.

Loading comments...

Problems loading Disqus?

"Messi good but not the greatest"

AC Milan veteran Clarence Seedorf said Lionel Messi is the best player today, but not of all time.

That honour should go to Pele and Maradona, according to Seedorf.

The debate over who is the greatest player of all time has become a favourite topic of conversation for the football fans ever since Messi strode on to the world stage.

Giving his own two cents' worth, the Dutchman told www.goldenfoot.com: "The strongest player today? Messi. Of all time? I have two names, and I think everyone agrees: Maradona and Pele."

Speaking on AC Milan's Serie A title chances this season, Seedorf pointed out new signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Robinho as key players.

"They are both champions and very important for us. But to reach the maximum we need time and hard work," he said.

Milan are currently in fourth position - level on points Inter Milan and Napoli, and two points behind leaders Lazio.

Lionel Messi: Barcelona is my home!

Lionel Messi has again pledged his loyalty to Barcelona after winning the European Golden Boot award on Thursday evening.

The Argentinean ace, who was bestowed with the honour after scoring 34 league goals in the 2009/10 campaign for his club, spoke of his intention to see off his career at the Nou Camp.

He was quoted as saying in Spanish sports daily Marca: "This is what I always say: Barcelona is my home and I hope that I stay here for many years."

The 23-year-old joined the Catalan club a decade ago and has since progressed into one of the most gifted players in his generation.

His latest award adds on to the Ballon d'Or and the FIFA World Player of the Year he collected in 2009.

Messi: I'm back and running!

Barcelona ace Lionel Messi has confirmed he has all but recovered from the ankle injury which ruled him out for ten days.

The Argentinean made a comeback after coming on as a second-half substitute in his side's 1-1 draw against Rubin Kazan on Wednesday and emerged unscathed - much to the relief of coach Pep Guardiola and the fans.

Messi revealed to journalists after the match, saying: "I'm extremely content with my ankle. I am happy with it. It has not bothered me and I have not noticed any pain.

"We knew that Rubin would make things very difficult for us. They play well together at the back and they have also scored a penalty against us.

"Perhaps we lacked some fluency in our attack in order to find holes in a defence as tight as theirs."

Meanwhile, fellow striker David Villa, who scored Barcelona's equalizer from the spot, will be out of this weekend's La Liga encounter with Mallorca - paving way for Messi to return to the starting line-u