Bellazon

Georgia Fowler
Thumbnail

sarnic

How 6 Up-and Coming Victoria's Secret Models Prepared for the Most Important Fashion Show of Their Lives

This week, 52 of the world's most beautiful women descended on Paris for the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. There are some familiar faces—Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, for example, have each walked more than a dozen shows—but there are also a group of newcomers making their debuts. Here, 6 stand-out rookies reveal how they prepared from the show, from the moment they found out they were selected.

Georgia Fowler

What did you do to physically prepare for the show?
I love to exercise and work out year round, but have upped the intensity in the lead up to the show. I gave myself fewer rest days and worked the tush extra hard! I'm not really one to primp and preen, but I did treat myself to a facial at JTav and have been using these amazing Skinney chemical peel pads to exfoliate my body for added glow so the spray tans go on smooth!

Did you add anything into your exercise routine?
Before the show I'm trying to stretch more because we want to look long and lean. Patience isn't my forte, so I struggle a bit and would prefer to be on the boxing bag sweating.

What are your favorite workouts?
I try to do something different every day. I mix in working out with my trainer Rob, SLT Pilates, Boxing at Overthrow and taking a cycling class here and there. I’ll also do my own weight training at Equinox. The best moves are anything with ankle weights that lifts the butt.

What’s your pre- and post-workout routine?
Deodorant! A shower.

Have you changed up your diet at all?
I'm always pretty healthy because it makes me feel good and I don't ever feel like I'm on a diet. That way it's more a way of life. I try to eat 80% veg, 10% lean proteins with 10% fats. I avoid dairy (which is easy as it makes me feel sick). And in the lead up to the show I’ve been stricter and have avoided sugar, alcohol and grains.

What’s your routine like the day before the show?
The morning before I'm going to get my workouts out of the way, so in the evening I can have a light dinner with my mum and dad. Maybe a stretch, a warm bath and hopefully a very early night!

After the runway, will you relax your exercise regimen?
I'm definitely going to enjoy a wine and a good burger, but then I'm flying from here to Australia and will likely be there for the rest of the holiday season. Naturally my workouts will lessen in intensity, but the lifestyle at home is very active and I'll be swimming and going for walks all the time. However, I enjoy the gym so I will try get to one when I'm free.

Any advice for aspiring models?
My advice would be to mix up your routines. Not only does it keep your body guessing but it stops working out from becoming an arduous chore. Also wear your workout gear all day so you have no excuse to get your butt to the gym last minute (I'm so lazy, if I was wearing a cute outfit I would never want to change out of it and sweat).

source: wmagazine

• 3 weeks later...