sarnic

Editorial "Fière Allure", Beauty section, Vogue Paris August 2012

Photographers: Claudia Knoepfel and Stefan Indlekofer

Stylist: GĂ©raldine Saglio

Hair: James Pecis

Make-up: Lloyd Simmonds

Manicure: Anny Errandonea

Model : Sigrid Agren

Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com (Visual Optimism)

post-3311-0-1446099861-07745_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446099861-10246_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446099861-14737_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446099861-1668_thumb.jpg

When one of your first ever jobs is to close the Prada show - you know you've got something really special coming your way! The winner of Elite Model Look France in 2006, Sigrid secured a world domination when she became the face of Prada, Ives Saint Laurent cosmetics and more recently Chanel Chance, Chanel jewellery and cosmetics, as well as walking for Chanel, Christian Dior and Givenchy couture shows in Paris! Her extensive portfolio includes work by Steven Meisel, Mert & Marcus, Mario Sorrenti, Paolo Roversi, Sølve Sundsbø, Craig McDean, ... The list goes on! So, we finally caught up with the Elite sweetheart and seeing that the Elite Model Look UK National Final is just round corner - we were dying to hear Sigrid's story of how it all began for her and how she managed to keep her feet firmly on the ground.

Elite: With now our UK National Final approaching, Elite Model Look is on everyone's mind. What was your EML experience?

Sigrid: I first read about the Elite Model Look competition in the local paper and I told my mum I would like to try out so we went together to the casting. The casting was held in a big shopping mall in my home town Martinique [French island in the Carebbean] so I went and applied. At first I didn't think anything of it, but then went on to win both [regional] casting in Martinique and the national final in Paris, so I went to the World Final and I was one of the top 15 finalists.

E: What was your first job after the EML?

S: It was a shoot for Teen Vogue in Miami and then I walked in the shows for the New York fashion week.

E: We suppose that the EML prepared you for the big change, but what was it like when you first started getting booked on big jobs? What was the reaction from your friends & family?

S: It was a very exciting time for me because EML does prepare you for a good part of modelling but there are still so many new things to experience once you start working as a full-time model. I just remember it as being very surreal.

E: So, you're originally from Martinique. What's your home place like?

S: Beautiful... Sunny, warm, plenty of beautiful beaches... My house is about 5 minutes away from the sea so I always used to go down there for a swim and long walks along the beach.

E: Do you miss not being at home?

S: I do as my entire family are still out there, but I always make sure I go there at least once every three months, if not more. It is a really good excuse to go there, lay in the sun & relax - especially in wintertime!

E: What do you like doing when you're not working - do you have any hobbies?

S: I find it really important to keep myself active because of all the travelling I do, which is why I do a lot of yoga, play tennis and I love cycling around Paris. But I also enjoy doing ordinary things such as hanging out with my friends, going to cafes and cinemas.

E: What would you be doing not had you never gone to the EML casting and never got scouted?

S: No I can't even begin to imagine it - I'd probably be still studying, something science-related. But hey, all it took was getting entered into the Elite Model Look and my life changed forever!

E: What's the best thing about your job?

S: Probably meeting and getting the chance to work with such a variety of interesting people; I had the chance to work with incredibly talented photographers & designers and it was a real honour be a part of their work.

E: Having been an EML contestants yourself, what would you advise all the EML girls at such an early stage of their career?

S: Always remember to be yourself and stay grounded.

Being in this industry people can get too carried away, and it is so important that models keep one foot firmly on the ground, spend a lot of time with their family and friends outside the modelling world. But definitely enjoy the experience!

E: What do you consider as your biggest achievement to date?

S: Being the face of Chanel Joaillerie and Rouge Coco is definitely something I would consider as my biggest achievement so far and I am very proud of it.

E: You tend to do A LOT of shows every season and have been for many years now - how do you do it?!

S: I try and get as much rest as possible and snack as often as I can, but most importantly my mum comes and stays with me for the final week every Paris fashion week because sometimes it can all get a bit too much! It is so nice to have someone there I can rely on and to give me moral support.

E: You must get so many gifts and freebies from all the designers... But which one has been your favourite?

S: The models usually get bags or sunglasses from the shows they do, which is why I love walking for CĂ©line because we always get given these beautiful handbags!

E: You must have quite few of those then!

S: ...Yeah [laughs]

E: Do you ever Google your name?

S: Yeah, I do that sometimes. There is a website called Fashion Spot and they have all the latest pictures - sometimes even before they get released in magazines and I am always curious to see how they look!

E: What are your plans for the rest of the summer?

S: I will be flying back home to the Carebbeans soon and my friends and I planned to go sailing... And just take it easy!

E: Sounds like a good plan! One last thing - tell us a random thing about yourself?

S: I LOVE ice-cream - especially coconut flavour, which is so typical of the Carebbean. There are coconut ice-cream stalls everywhere on the beach and it just reminds me so much of being at home!

Amazing! Thank you so much Sigrid - everyone here at Elite London wishes you many more years of success in your astonishing career!

post-19430-0-22584100-1343246794_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Editorial "Fall in Lust" in Allure September 2012

Photographer: Mario Testino

Stylist: Paul Cavaco

Make-Up: Tom Pecheux

Hair: Eugene Souleiman

Manicure: Megumi Yamamoto

Prop Stylist: Jack Flanagan

Models: Sigrid Agren, Catherine McNeil (Australian. Born on March 20th, 1989. Agency: Ford), and Matt Raimo

Source: Fashion Scans Remastered (fashionscansremastered.net), via Melancholybaby at the Fashion Spot.

post-3311-0-1446099864-19719_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446099864-22144_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446099864-23817_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446099864-25935_thumb.jpg