Bellazon

Jared Leto
Thumbnail

*GiPsY_grl*

jaredletomanwelove13071.th.jpg

Let’s get down to business with a few compliments. Tell us the best things about women?

“There are so many things. They are so inspiring and sexy. And of course there’s the companionship they bring.”

What do you find really sexy?

“Everyone has their moments but a woman is really sexy when she knows herself and not trying to be something she’s not.”

Do you go for any particular look?

“I like them all! That’s a blessing and a curse really. I like all the choices out there. But I don’t seek people out just because they look a certain way.”

Would you date a fan?

“Why wouldn’t I date a fan? Just because someone happens to like my work, I wouldn’t date them -that’s ridiculous.”

Great! Because we love your work. (Ahem). Who is the funniest woman you know?

“That’s a good question. I mean, some of the funnier women I know are good friends of mine and I wouldn’t want to blow their cover by blasting them out in the magazine. But I definitely find women funny.”

Is there anything you’ll never understand about women?

“No. I understand a lot of the female needs. I’m not saying I know all of them all the time though. But people are people and we all have our ‘things’. And don’t forget; men are just as difficult as women.”

Well, I was raised by a single mother so the influence of women in my life is very big. My mother is very, very smart and commands respect because she has a lot of respect for herself. I learnt early on how to treat women by the examples that were set around me.”

Sounds good! How would you impress us on a date?

“Maybe we could just skip the date part.”

HUNGARIAN COSMOPOLITAN - October Issue

Jared Leto: “I am foul-mouthed and itchy” 1st page:

The actor-rocker not only in the movies played the conqueror, in his life, he wrapped a large number of the hottest chick’s head from Hollywood. What does this guy know that Cameron Diaz and Scarlett Johansson laid in front of his feet?

If we haven’t known his movies and his albums with his band, 30 Seconds to Mars, and if we have just seen his photos from the latter years, than we would think that, Jared is a scandal-loving chameleon star, just like Lady Gaga, but in a man version. He had long hair, short hair, he was bald, he had pink Mohawk, he had hydrogen blonde, blue, purposely grew down reddish brown hair, he had rasta, Son Goku designed hair, he had moustache and beard, he wore emo-make up, he was fat and anorexic, moreover he had perfectly trained Adonis body – and than we haven’t spoken about his total crazy clothes room.

2nd page:

COSMOPOLITAN: Actually do you like shocking people with your look?

JARED LETO: I don’t look in this way to shock others, , it’s just about me. It’s important for me to express my actual mood. It happened once, that one day I dyed my hair to middle blond, than at 4. a.m. I had the feeling, I had to change it back to black, and I had already called my hairdresser. I never denied that I am temperamental and I am really obsessed with my look. I couldn’t live without diversity…

COSMOPOLITAN: That’s why you couldn’t choose between the musician and the actor carrier?

JARED LETO: Actually, firstly I wanted to be a painter (laugh). And it’s still important to me to design the videos, the album covers and everything that belongs to the visuals. That’s why we made up with the two other members (including with Jared’s brother, Shannon – the editor) our own icons, and I tattooed some of them to my body. But it doesn’t matter, if we talk about music, design or a movie, the most important is not the surface, but the message, which can be really tough sometimes. I am foul-mouthed, and it’s true that I don’t like endearment.

COSMOPOLITAN: You are famous for raising your voice against war, violence, drugs wherever possible, and roughly all of your movies are about these topics. Is this one of the most important thing in your life?

JARED LETO: Recently, one of my friend bullied me by saying that in my every movies I am killed or settled me hash (laugh). In “Switchback” I injured seriously, in “Fight Club” I was beaten up, in “Requiem for a Dream” my arm was amputated, in “American Psycho” I was brutally killed, in “Panic Room” I was shot down and etc. I think, it’s more important that I demonstrate against injustice, than I chit-chat about my private life or my favourite colour in the magazines. It’s a really good feeling when I receive mails from vets who came home from Iraq, and they say that my songs gave them strength on the front and to left it. But of course this vocation has its cost: when we did “Requiem for a Dream”, I had lived on the streets for months, I had starved, lost 12 kilos and I had avoided having sex to be able to really show what drugs can make with people. Then after the shooting, I had to reclusive to a Portuguese monastery to come back to myself.

COSMOPOLITAN: But you gave up avoiding sex, right?

JARED LETO: Well, since in every magazine, you could see the photos about me and Katharina Damm, I think I can’t keep it in secret anymore. Next question?

COSMOPOLITAN: I see, you really try to keep your secrets.

JARED LETO: I haven’t said to any journalist my wolf’s name. Besides I would like to keep myself a lot of other secrets. I love surprising, why, does it problem?

Green box:

NAME: Jared Joseph Leto

BIRTH: 26th December, 1971. in Bossier City, Louisiana

HIS ALIAS: He have already directed a lot of 30 Seconds to Mars video as Bartholomew Cubbins. (He borrowed the name one of the picture book from Dr. Seuss)

ABOUT HIS CHILDHOOD: They moved a lot, he lived on Haiti, in a commune in Colorado and several American states.

WHY IS HE SO ENERGETIC: Jared has one of the most perfect body in Hollywood, but he is vegetarian, moreover his favourites are popcorn and hot chocolate – he call himself as cocoa rocker!

HIS EXES: He haven’t got a serious relationship since Cameron Diaz, but he was with Lindsay Lohan, Scarlett Johansson, Ashley Olsen, Britney Spears and even Tila Tequila, too.

HIS MOST IMPORTANT FILMS: “Urban Legend” (1998), “The Thin Red Line” (1998), “Girl Interrupted” (1999), “Alexander” (2004), “Lord of War” (2008). He haven’t shooted films since2010, but according to him, he just have taken a break.

• Interviewer: Black or white?
  • Jared: White. A screen is white and you’re free to design it, it’s your starting point. White is the absence of all colors, right? Black is combination of all colors. That’s why I like white very much.
  • Interviewer: Facebook or Myspace?
  • Jared: I would go with Twitter. Twitter is easy and I can use it all over the world. I also have my homepage jaredleto.com and thirtysecondstomars.com to do the stuff you would normally use Facebook or Myspace for.
  • Interviewer: Side vertex or central vertex?
  • Jared: Side vertex. Central vertex is a pretty good 70th-style. But to be honest: That’s not me - I would go with no vertex.
  • Interviewer: Get up early or late?
  • Jared: That belongs on how long I stand up at night. I need my 7 to 8 hours of sleep. When I’m on tour I work pretty long and then I get up later. But I have the same problem as most people: Most of the time I have to get up early.
  • Interviewer: Make-Up or Three-day beard?
  • Jared: Three-day beard!
  • Interviewer: Acting or making music?
  • Jared: At the moment making music. That’s what I’m doing right now, cause we are on world tour. We are really successfull with our album ‘This Is War’ and I’m really happy about it.
  • Interviewer: Vegetarian or meat?
  • Jared: Vegetarian! I’m Vegan!
  • Interviewer: Stones or Beatles?
  • Jared: Fifty-fifty. But if I had to decide: The Beatles rock and were the first. They wrote amazing songs and alben, my favorite is ‘The White Album’.
  • Interviewer: Cat or dog?
  • Jared: Wolves.
  • Interviewer: ‘The Simpsons’ or ‘South Park’?
  • Jared: Sorry, I didn’t watch any of this shows.
  • Interviewer: Vinyl or iTunes?
  • Jared: iTunes. For the future for sure, not for the past.
  • Interviewer: Autonomous or externally determined?
  • Jared: Autonomous! I’m single.
  • Interviewer: Cameron Diaz or Linsey Lohan? Who kissed better?
  • Jared: Hmm, I’m not saying anything to that. I wouldn’t be a gentelman if I would comment on that.
  • Interviewer: Sommer or winter?
  • Jared: Of course sommer. I like winter as well though. But at the moment I feel like warm weather would be good for me.
  • Interviewer: Sex in the moring or at night?
  • Jared: Sex at night.
  • Interviewer: Jeans or chinos?
  • Jared: Jeans! Black jeans.
  • Interviewer: Panties or boxer?
  • Jared: Uhm, I guess panties. Sometimes you need some secutity
  • Interviewer: Self-confident or shy?
  • Jared: Self-confident.
  • Interviewer: Concert or theater?
  • Jared: At the moment concert - with my band.
  • Interviewer: L.A. or New York?
  • Jared: New York! I love that city, it’s alive. I have a house in L.A. but spent more time in New York.
  • Interviewer: One-Night-Stand or long-live-love?
  • Jared: Could I have a little bit of both?
  • Interviewer: Rich or successful?
  • Jared: Rich. Success without money, would be like a spoon without handel. Makes no sense.
  • Interviewer: Loud or quiet?
  • Jared: Quiet - when I’m not on stage.
  • Interviewer: Sunglasses or scraf?
  • Jared: Right now scraf. When I go outsite sunglasses as well.
  • Interviewer: On the plane: aisle or window?
  • Jared: Always window.
  • Interviewer: Hugo or Boss?
  • Jared: Of course Hugo. Hugo is somehow different, like me

<h1 class="headline">Jared Leto talks Mr Nobody, 30 Seconds to Mars and secret talents</h1>We do love a guy with a talent. And Jared Leto pretty much has it all. Not content with being an amazing actor, he's also an exceptional musician. Oh, and he's pretty damn hot as well.

When we spoke to him about the release of his new film, Mr Nobody, we couldn't help but probe more about his other acting roles, songwriting inspiration and plans for a new album. Luckily for us, it seems that Jared has a few projects in the pipe-line so won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Phew. Now excuse us while we swoon.

We loved the film Mr Nobody. It obviously flits between past, present and future. So, if you could, would you want to see what your future holds?

No, I prefer the surprise of tomorrow. It keeps life interesting.

The film has a complex plot with some big scenes and special effects — what was it like to film?

I loved it. It was a long shoot that took place in three different countries over a period of six months with a French speaking crew. For the old Nemo scene, there were six to eight hours of prosthetics a day before shooting. The crew were so great to work with. They had all previously worked with Jaco on his other films so it was like a family coming together to make something really special. The other actors were also incredible to work with so it was a really positive experience.

You have starred in numerous films and played many varied characters. Do you have a dream role? I don't have a dream role per se. There are lots of directors I'd love to work with again for the first time - David Fincher, Fincher, Terrence Malik, PT Anderson.

In Mr Nobody you star alongside some talented female actresses. How would your ideal female lead be?

There are so many incredible actresses from the past and present. I would have loved to be in a film with Olivia De Havilland.

You're also known for your music, too. Which do you prefer - music or acting?

They're both wonderful things to be able to do and I'm very thankful to have had the opportunity to experience them both. These days I have been busy with the music for quite some time. We have been touring for nearly two years now and will continue until December.

We're massive fans of 30 Seconds to Mars. Do you have any plans for a new release?

We haven't started discussing that yet. I'm really focused on the current record, This is War, and the European shows we have planned in November. Considering how long we've been on the road, we're still pretty excited and inspired by it all.

Lots of song writers say they can only write from personal experience. Is this true for you?

I'm influenced by lots of different things. Great books, fine arts, films, travel, life experiences, and even a conversation can all influence my songwriting. Sometimes the seemingly smaller mundane moments can give a lot.

What do you make of shows like American Idol or X Factor? Would you have taken that route?

I've never seen either so I can't comment, but I think anything that gives people a chance to live their dreams is something good.

And finally, can you tell us an omg! shocking fact about yourself?

I'm a fourth degree Northern Shaolin Kung Fu Master.