Bellazon

Anna Selezneva
Thumbnail

Layla90

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tatler Russia December 2010

42_covert.jpg 42_t2.jpg 42_t3.jpg42_t4.jpg 42_t6.jpg 42_t7.jpg 42_t8.jpg 42_ta.jpg 42_t9.jpg

In the interview she mentions:

1.She says she couldn't do more shows this season in Paris, after Milan, where she has done many shows, she was tired and also she had to sorry to Chanel & YSL for not being in their shows

2.She was payed $100.000 for Gucci exclusive last season in Milan

3.She has boyfriend Jean-Paul, they have serious relationship, they were together in Saint-Tropez this summer.

4.She isn't going to quit modeling before she works for Prada & appears on the cover of US Vogue.

someone at tfs translated the whole interview:

“I can fall in mud,if needed to! – Anna Selezneva shook her golden locks as she jumped on the horse in couture Chanel dress. Bay colored stallion rose on its hind legs and Anna slapped the rebel’s muzzle, surprising the animal.

“Sometimes you need to show them who is in charge,” explained Anna with a tone of an old pro. She often visits this castle of XVI century right outside of Paris that was turned into a racetrack. On weekends, aristocrats often pay visits to this place to break in their new Hermes boots – so she has an audience to fall in front of.

Our next meeting takes place in Moscow, in Tatler club. Twenty-four year old model looks even more beautiful without the evening get-up, sporting no makeup and dressed simply in a cardigan with dark-grey skinny jeans. She has wide set blue eyes, high cheekbones, playful look and animated face,

Three years ago Anna was in her 5th (final?) year of studying psychoanalysis at the university and was planning on starting a practice on her own.

“I dropped by McDonalds only to use a bathroom but the press is fonder of the version that I was discovered eating a Big Mac. At one moAt one moment, a random young man popped up near me. I agitatedly asked him ‘Young man, what do you want?’ and he replied ‘I’m just standing in line.’ We were both standing in an almost empty room so I liked his joke. Then he asked me if I’m a model or would I like to become one and I replied that only if he has an opportunity to send me abroad.”

The jokester turned out to be a modeling scout for agency called Best Model Group. In the beginning, Anna’s mother, teacher of Russian language and literature, was not fond of the idea and tried to guilt-trip Anna by complaining about what will happen to her if Anna leaves. Later, she approached the situation on a professional level, worked out a cunning plan in case Anya will be sold in Turkish slavery and let her go with blessings.

Anna brought 1,000 euro with her to Paris and immediately spent the money during her first day on a pair of Dior shoes. After that, she lived on 80 euro per week, a standard salary for a beginner model. Her first job was photoshoot for German Vogue.

“Everyone started calling me and congratulating on the photoshoot but I was like ‘Why are you so happy? It’s only 100 euro!’”

Understanding that Vogue is her ticket to life came to Anya later. Today her portfolio consists out of campaigns for Vera Wang, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Guerlain, John Galliano, Versace, Joop! Jeans, Marc O’Polo as well as covers for Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and French Vogue.

Anna has walked for almost every big show out there though she has walked less this past Paris Fashion Week.

“I couldn’t find enough of energy to do shows in Paris after Milan, where I have done so many. I had to apologize to Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent but try to understand me; what would happen if I would yell at Karl for getting pricked by a needle during fittings? “ When she saw my surprised glance, Anya continued, “Yes, yes, I’m capable of that. When I signed an exclusive contract with Miu Miu, I was acting very spoiled during the show so Miuccia still won’t cast me for her shows although she is very fond of my face and look. There is also a story with Mario Sorrenti; he asked me to undress and I turned red like a tomato, crying and saying that I can’t. Now I have learned to love my body and don’t have any problems undressing in front of the camera.

Anna does have a nice body – toned, muscular, and a bit boyish. She works hard for her body; yoga instructor visits her Parisian apartment thrice a week. Her appetite is also enviable; during our conversation she devoured a plate full of pasta, salad, and a piece of an apple tart. She explains that everything is in her genes. Her mom is Armenian but father is Russian; tall and slender. This is where she gets her skin tone – naturally golden – witwithout tanning beds and artificial sprays.

“The most beautiful woman for me out there is a model Tanya Dziahileva with her full lips and symmetrical face. Those kinds of faces should be on covers!

What about me? Eh, photographer Terry Richardson even had to photoshop my nose for YSL Elle Shocking Fragrance advertisement.”

Anna Selezneva is currently ranked number #12 in top 50 of Models.com. She lives in between Paris (work) and Moscow (vacation). Here (in Moscow), Anna cherishes her walks on Sparrow Mountains, lunches at Vogue café, parties at “Roof of the World” and “Partisan”. However in Paris, Anya has her love, Jean-Paul. Don’t fret, not the designer but other Jean-Paul. Tall and handsome brunette (who is a successful businessman) conquered our model with his big heart.

“Actually Jean-Paul is a lover to party. I usually do not go for these types so at the beginning I was being stubborn but not for long. We are serious, have been together for more than a year. I have already started trying on his last name, looking for a wedding dress and picking out names for our kids; I want two children. And it is ok to dream when you have met your right person. I’m determined on having children by the time I’m 30, or I will be behind my girlfriends! Oh and here is him calling, ‘Hello Jean-Paul! I will call you back.’”

“He is my protector. He always understands everything and doesn’t complain when I dash for the airport in the middle of the night. Sometimes he even flies with me to photoshoots. I even introduced him to my mother; we were all together in Saint Tropez during summer. Pity though that I still can’t get him to come to Moscow.“

In few days Anna will already be in New York, shooting spring campaigns for Ralph Lauren and Giorgio Armarni. “It is important to always move forward. Last year I was an exclusive for Gucci, walked the show but for the rest of the week had to show up at their office, to inspire Frida (Giannini). I got paid $100,000 just for that.

“How much money do you need to be absolutely happy?”

Anna already has her answer ready; she did not need to think about it.

“Hundred million would do me well. Of course I won’t make that much as a model, I have other plans.Though before finishing with my modeling career, I need to work with Prada and appear on the cover of Vogue US. “

So far she had no luck with the cover.

“Why? I think I shouldn’t have told the story about getting scouted at McDonalds. You’re surprised? I mean come on! Don’t you know how Anna Wintour is? It’s obviously not on her level.“

After Wintour will surrender to the Russian model, Anna will get her 2nd (law) degree. Well, those are her plans for now. Few days ago I got a text from her, saying “I’m shooting with Ralph! Tell everyone at Tatler that he and I are saying “Hi”. Take care, kisses!”

Right back at you,Anya.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...