Bellazon

Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Thumbnail

spring{fever}

Joseph Gordon-levitt Received Handwritten Letter From Day-lewis As Lincoln

Daniel Day-Lewis extended an unusual welcome to his Lincoln co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt as filming on the biopic began by sending him a handwritten letter in character as former U.S. President ABRAHAM Lincoln.

The Irish actor is famous for his fixed method acting and he remained in character throughout the shoot, even asking the cast and crew on Steven Spielberg's period movie to address him as Mr. President on set.

Gordon-Levitt landed the role as Lincoln's son Robert after Day-Lewis personally asked for The Inception star to be cast, and he received a special note from the veteran once the deal was signed and sealed.

Gordon-Levitt says, "He gave me a letter, a handwritten letter written in old-fashioned fountain pen on old-fashioned stationery. And from what I understand, he actually studied Abraham Lincoln's penmanship and he wrote it sort of as himself, sort of as Lincoln and he signed it A/D, so Abraham and Daniel.

"It was amazing. He was just welcoming me to the job and I think he wanted to extend a warm welcome because then when I met him personally... it was, 'Hello Robert', and not very warm because their (Lincoln and his son's) relationship is not very warm, and I said, 'Hello, sir'."

Gordon-Levitt wasn't the only castmember to receive communications from Day-Lewis as the President - Sally Field, who portrays his onscreen wife Mary Todd, exchanged text messages with her co-star as the historical couple for months before cameras began rolling.

Will Joseph Gordon-Levitt play Batman in 'Justice League' and 'Man of Steel'? Well..

The internet feels like such a cold and empty place without any Batman movie rumors. Fortunately, HitFix posted a report late last night that is at once totally crazy and entirely plausible. According to the site, Joseph Gordon-Levitt — who played John Blake, a.k.a. Twist-Ending Robin, in The Dark Knight Rises – is already set to play Batman in the still-evolving superteam film Justice League. Moreover, reporter Drew McWeeny claims that Gordon-Levitt might be appearing in Man of Steel for a quick continuity cameo, à la

The news is surprising for a few reasons, not least because the Dark Knight trilogy seemed like a complete saga hermetically sealed in a non-superpowered reality. Then again, DC Comics does have a history of passing superhero mantles through various secret identities — even Bruce Wayne hasn’t always been Batman. And Christopher Nolan is producing Man of Steel. And Joseph Gordon-Levitt didn’t explicitly turn down the idea of starring in Justice League when asked by Hitfix over the summer. And and and…

Well, when contacted by EW, a representative for Joseph Gordon-Levitt declares the report entirely false. Fair enough. But keep in mind, this could all be a big Nolanesque con to obscure the real truth: That Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been playing Alberto Falcone all along.

Sundance YEAH

Don Jon's Addiction / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Joseph Gordon-Levitt) — In Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s charming directorial debut, a selfish modern-day Don Juan attempts to change his ways. Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Scarlett Johansson, Julianne Moore, Tony Danza, Glenne Headly, Rob Brown.