Bellazon

Models from the Eighties

nanook351

Question: The year 1990 was the end of the 80s, no? :unsure:

From what I understand, the year that ends in zero is the end of a decade, whereas the year that ends in 1 is the beginning of a decade.

For example, the 80s began in 1981 and ended in 1990. The 90s began in 1991 and ended in 2000. And so forth.

Correct?

PJ-Thanks for Carmen and Mounia :woot: You are an inexhaustible source of new input :laugh:

Spiral-Strictly on fashion term, '78-'93 was the same period.Speaking of models there is much continuity, '90 Supermodel have roots in the second half of the previous decade...with some exceptions, of course :idk:

"Generally speaking"I think you're right :)

:wave:

Cool, thanks. (Y) The reason I asked is because I have some pictures from 1990 that I was thinking of posting in this thread but I wasn't sure if they would be considered off-topic.

However, I think it would be interesting if we expanded the time limits in this thread to include those years you mentioned ('78-'93). Fashion changed little during those years. The same flamboyant excess from the 80s was still around in circa 1992. :laugh:

Rachel Williams,Kristen McMenamy,Eva by Helmut Newton :ninja:

post-42224-1333286800_thumb.jpg

I scanned -joined these two foil from my "orphaned pages"folder

On the web there are other versions of this photo, some perhaps a little "modified "because Rachel pose is different.

edit:The editorial with Kristen/Rachel/Eva was publicated in Vogue (US), may 1993 ("White Mischief").Thanks prejean for info!

pretty much in parallel with Linda...What do you think of the stories about their fights?

Fights between the two of them? There were a few rumors that they didn't get along. But by many accounts, they got along quite well, as can be seen in this picture below:

Backstage at a Chanel show in 1991

post-36986-1333405889_thumb.jpg

Kristen and Linda were considered bad girls for different reasons. Kristen because of her overall image/persona (rebellious & edgy). Whereas Linda was infamous for her bitchy behavior on set at photoshoots (and sometimes at runway shows), because she was outspoken and some people felt that her success had gone to her head.

Spiral!my watermark is embedded in that sentence

:rofl: Yeah, I got it from you. :D