Bellazon

Models from the Eighties

nanook351

^Fender, the two closeup pictures are of Susanna Linsmayer (sp?) and Alda Balestra.

The model wearing the dress with the red top is Alda (I think).

The model wearing the black dress looks like the model named Axelle.

I'm not sure who all the other girls are.

Paula abbott (12-1988)

HQ

post-16241-1229887360_thumb.jpg

That Cosmo cover will always have special meaning to me, because that was the first issue of Cosmo that I ever bought for myself. I was only 14 at the time. :)

That was the first time that I had ever seen/heard of that model (Paula Abbott). And at first glance, I thought it was Rachel Hunter. That was the main reason why I bought the mag (thinking it was Rachel). :D

Who is this model from the late 80s? She looks very familiar to me, but I can't connect the face with a name. For some reason, I think she's British? :unsure:

I found out her name (by accident, while looking for another model's pictures :laugh:).

Francesca, and she's Italian.

post-36986-1317925708_thumb.jpg

^The scans are amazing, thanks a lot. :wave:

Could you please repost them in the following threads...

first scan:

the blonde model on the far left is Claude

the blonde model wearing the brown trenchcoat is Dianne de Witt

second scan:

the model wearing black dress with the net is Aly Dunne

I found this lovely picture of models at an Yves Saint Laurent show in the 80s. I see Kirat, Mounia, Pat Cleveland, Sayoko, and Violetta Sanchez.

yslmodels.jpg

And here's a description of the models at that show:

The day of the show our backstage area was like a United Nations of YSL. The glamazons of the day were the Ethiopian sisters Hedia and Amalia, Guinean Katoucha, the dynamic Mounia from Martinique, mysterious Sayoko from Japan, elegant Texan Diane DeWitt, Kirat from India, Anna Bayle from the Philippines, Brazilians Dalma and Betty Lago, Spanish Violetta Sanchez, Italian Alda Balestra, the indomitable red-head Tara Shannon… Even when runway models were eventually replaced by the famous editorial “supermodels” of the 90′s (Naomi, Linda, Claudia, Laetitia etc…) the casting remained very international.