Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

There is also a tv show with Lily called "Reservation Dogs". Have you watched it?

I love Reservation Dogs! I even auditioned for it and got a call back. Just like KOTFM a lot of people I know are either in Reservation Dogs or work as crew in it. I used to work with one of the producers back in the day (non-movie stuff). He also plays the character called Spirit.

6 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

16 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

I love Reservation Dogs! I even auditioned for it and got a call back.

Why didn't it work out? :p

I don’t know. 🤷🏻‍♀️ The scene I would have been  in never showed up at all in the show. I’m not sure if someone else got the roll and filmed it and the scene was then edited out, or they just decided not to do the scene at all.  It was fun just auditioning and filming/screen testing the scene during the callback. This all happened around this time last year.

12 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Why didn't it work out? :p

This was my favorite part of the Oscars. Lily tearing up at the end of it made me tear up. They actually had Natives performing on The Oscar stage. Wow! Poor Emma. Did you see her face when they said her name? She looked like she was dreading it. She knows she will catch a lot of flack for taking it from Lily. Not Emma’s fault though. 

Still haven't seen POOR THINGS (but already pre ordered my copy). The movie as her performance seems to divide minds either you hate or love it nothing in between thing but I think her reaction at the oscars when she won was cute. And like you said it's not like she dragged people to vote for her. I also think she's hilarious and just too goddamn likeable to be mad at her. I'm happy for her :heart:

9f87183425c0558deac8cec87cd52aa9c39f39ed

66e9d806e6a7dfe1f086701061fe77f348bb563f

b3444e7308fcdfb82a0bcff58483014cc73615a8

Source

But she and Lily genuinely seem to like each other. So I think people don't have to start bad blood where no bad blood is.

b056bdf1d3f3c9cfcbbe15a65c50b1c7fd2b66c5

Maybe going best actress instead of supporting was a too bold move from apple/Lily (whoever decided that) compared to Emma who's what I've heard in every scene of POOR THINGS while Lily in KOTFM is only seen half the movie. If any. And on top of it not doing that much in the 2nd half (but lying half dead in bed sry lol).

49 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Screenshot_20240311-152610_Instagram.thumb.jpg.018e1af2341662e8730ea73a4c0e19c8.jpg

Screenshot_20240311-152859_Instagram.thumb.jpg.713246c286b7ce87a7a64b71b18923f4.jpg

Screenshot_20240311-152844_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ad6a0572c863655058433efebebe4c12.jpg

Romance rumors lol

Screenshot_20240311-155104_Instagram.thumb.jpg.009bdcb9a905c0c93b146f35c8944825.jpg

Hahaha...you were faster than me. I was about to post exactly the same here!🤭

1 hour ago, Sugarwater said:

I forgot I picked this up when I was in Fairfax this weekend. Tells about where scenes where filmed.

IMG_2880.thumb.jpeg.62507e45b78b3cf3699c61f833d72788.jpeg

IMG_2879.thumb.jpeg.20d5fd678ed4214c725ca61bf4ec3a06.jpeg

Thanks for sharing @Sugarwater, really nice!❤️

Ugh what a night. I was so disappointed Lily didn't win. I've seen Poor Things and Emma is also great and I like her very much but this was Lily's moment and so important for indigenous people. I hope she will get many more opportunities because she is so talented. Hopefully another movie with Leo.

The performance of the Osage for best song was really powerful.

I would love more pics of Leo at the Apple Oscar party. Why is there only this one?

Despite ‘Barbenheimer,’ Oscar Ratings Remain Low (19.5 Million Viewers)

Capture.PNG?format=2500w

Last year around 19 million people watched the Oscars. This year’s telecast moved up an hour to 7pm, was driven by ‘Barbenheimer’ hype and only managed to bring in 19.5 million viewers— slightly better numbers.

However, this year’s telecast actually fell short in the key 18-49 demographic, with a 3.8 rating. By comparison, the 2023 telecast had a 4.0 rating in final tallies. That means this year’s show was down 5% in the most important demo.

Younger viewers just don’t care enough about the Oscars, or TV, for that matter, to tune in — they can also just watch the highlights on YouTube the day after. Even more concerning, the show is losing its core "loyal" audience, aged 50 and over, who grew up going to the movies, but are now more into streaming content at home.

Sure, Hollywood movies just aren’t as culturally relevant as they used to be. One can remember a time when Best Picture winners such as “Gladiator,” “Titanic,” “The Silence of the Lambs,” “Forrest Gump,” and “The Lord of the Rings” were actually seen by millions of Americans. Now? “CODA”? “Nomadland”? “EEAAO”? These just aren’t films that cracked popular culture in the same way the others did.

Then again, the problem with using this argument in 2024 is that the two most popular films from last year were nominated and had an immense presence at last night’s ceremony. “Barbeheimer” was a cultural phenomenon, but that, weirdly enough, didn’t translate into a highly-watched Oscar ceremony. So, what’s going on here exactly?

Isn’t it strange how, just ten years ago, in 2014, Oscar ratings reached an impressive 40 million viewers? When compared to last night’s telecast, that’s a loss of 22 million.

Maybe the biggest factor, when it comes to these low ratings, resides in watching the 1% showering the 1% with trophy love and that’s just not something that’s compatible with our current societal zeitgeist. Frankly, it kind of sounds absurd when you think about it. Seeing rich people, at a luxurious event, sprinkling each other with self-congratulatory masturbation just doesn’t add up anymore.

The Oscars are a relic from the past, when seeing celebrities wasn’t an everyday thing. We are a society oversaturated with celebrity content via social media, and thus there’s no excitement in seeing the stars. This is why I keep saying that the only way for an Oscar telecast to ever “work” again is if you hire Ricky Gervais to expose the absurdity of it all.

^I think Leo was one of a few and for sure the last movie star people were slightly interested in seeing him winning the oscar - I mean people created a whole movement with all sorts of memes around him and that stupid statue lol Don't think I ever witnessed this kind of commitment ever again. It's also nothing but the ugly truth how everything of that excitement puffed literally into nothing once he led hands on that oscar. But that very much represent the culture we live in. People just lose interest suddenly and move on to someone/thing else. It's a concept I hardly understand for myself. Maybe I'm too attached even to people I don't even know personal LOL

tumblr_m5kwt15y9W1qbq46co1_r1_500.gifv

Movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Teyana Taylor wraps up filming in Sacramento

The city of Sacramento recently played host to a major Hollywood production starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Teyana Taylor. The yet-to-be-titled film concluded its shooting in Sacramento at the end of February, leaving behind not just cinematic memories but a significant economic impact on the city.

The City of Sacramento’s Film and Media Office collaborated closely with Warner Bros. Pictures to facilitate a smooth execution of the project, handling crucial aspects such as securing locations and permits. The office liaised with several City departments to manage logistics, including parking, security and street closures.

According to figures released by the Sacramento Film and Media Office, the production resulted in these economic gains for the city:

• 16 film days
  • 3,786 hotel nights
  • $915,018 in hotel expenditures
  • 172 local hires
  • 758 days worked by local hires
  • 35 local vendors
  • $5.3 million in local spending

“Hosting a production of this caliber not only brings Hollywood stars to our city but also generates substantial economic benefits for our local businesses and workforce,” said Sacramento Film Commissioner Jennifer West.

Local businesses such as Yolandas Tamales had the opportunity to contribute to the film’s success by providing catering services. The impact of the movie on the community is evident in a post shared by Yolandas Tamales on Instagram.

2 more pics of Leo and Teyana "we are just friends or better like brother and sister talking nothing but innocent things here like macaroni" lol

15pm-est-new-fling-teyana-78255662.jpg?r 15pm-est-new-fling-teyana-78255665.jpg?r

https://pagesix.com/2024/03/12/entertainment/leonardo-dicaprio-holds-co-star-teyana-taylor-close-in-seemingly-flirty-exchange-at-pre-oscars-bash/

I'm really curious how his hair looks when it's not tied together.