Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

🤣

Kanye West gets cold shoulder from former pal Leonardo DiCaprio, other celebs inside Super Bowl suite

Kanye West is being shunned by the Hollywood elite, it seems.

Page Six hears that — awkwardly enough — the Klan-hood-wearing vocal antisemite unexpectedly turned up in chicken chain Raising Cane’s Super Bowl suite to watch the game alongside many, many other famous names on Sunday.

He didn’t exactly get a warm welcome.

Interestingly, sources tell us that Leo DiCaprio — a longtime pal of the disgraced rapper-turned-designer-turned-prolific-nutter — was among the starry throng and definitely saw West, but didn’t so much as acknowledge his one-time buddy.

At one point a source had told us the pair seemed to exchange nods and nothing else, but a source later said definitively: “There’s was no interaction whatsoever.”

Things were not always so.

The pair have been spotted hanging out together here and there over the years, and West even performed at DiCaprio’s birthday party in saner times.

In 2013, 2 Chainz and West put on a surprise show for “The Wolf of Wall Street” star at his 39th birthday bash at Tao.

West just about lost his mind when the actor finally won an Oscar in 2016 for the “Revenant.”

“Finally!!! Our guy!!! We’re so so happy for Leo!!!,” the “Jesus Walks” rapper tweeted at the time.

But Oppenheimer will still winning BP. Weird when you think about it. But since the oscar isn't a critics award it's maybe not that weird afterall.

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Was Mentioned in Over 463 Critics Top 10 Lists, #1 for 2023

It’s become a tradition for film critics to publish their top 10s of any given movie year. Last year, over 1000 of these lists showed up in one form or another. Can you believe that? There are, at least, 1000 critics out there. The field has been completely diluted.

If we rewind 20 years ago, to 1994, around 200 critics lists could be found. Go back another 10 years, the count was around 174. The internet has changed the game. Now, practically anybody can be a self-proclaimed critic.

The folks over at CriticsTop10 have been rounding up top 10 lists for well over a decade now, and their research has managed to get tabulations dating all the way back to the 1920s. The site itself is a lot of fun to navigate. It also is archival proof that critics can sometimes, many times, get it very wrong — the most cited film of 1978 was not “The Deer Hunter” or “Days of Heaven,” but rather Paul Mazursky’s dated “An Unmarried Woman” (which I still find great things to like).

In 2023, 888 lists were amassed. Comparisons will get made to this year’s Oscar nominees for Best Picture — 8 titles in the top 10 were nominated. It just goes to show that film criticism influences the Academy much more now than it used to. Here are the 20 most cited films by critics in 2023:

1) Killers of the Flower Moon — 463 lists
2) Oppenheimer — 419
3) Past Lives — 379
4) May December — 338
5) Barbie — 313
6) Poor Things —274
7) Anatomy of A Fall —268
8 )The Holdovers — 267
9) The Zone of Interest — 226
10) Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse — 205

11) Asteroid City —189
12) Showing Up — 155
13) The Boy and the Heron — 132
14) American Fiction — 124
15) Fallen Leaves —124
16) All of Us Strangers — 122
17) Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret — 116
18) Maestro — 108
19) Passages —106
20) John Wick: Chapter 4 — 101

While writing this article, I realized that I didn’t even publish my own list. I’ll low-key add it right here, and I’ve cheated a bit by turning it into a top 20. I’m just not ready to even rank these in order of appreciation …

Killers of the Flower Moon, Oppenheimer, Anatomy of a Fall, The Boy and the Heron, May/December, Memory, Rotting in the Sun, American Fiction, The Iron Claw, The Zone of Interest, Asteroid City, De Humanis Corpis Fabrica, The Delinquents, Passages, Reality, Leave the World Behind, Ferrari, BlackBerry, Pacifiction, Tori et Lokita, How to Blowup a Pipeline

Yeah I think Oppenheimer will win. Most years the movie I like most, mostly also the "popular" ones (La La Land, Once Upon a time in Hollywood, ...) do not win for a movie with an important message or topic (Spotlight, Moonlight, Coda, ...)  and this year KOTFM is the movie with the important topic and the "popular" one wins...😭

On 2/7/2024 at 5:15 PM, Pami said:

(...) is Paul Mescal next in line maybe? I am not saying these guys are bad actors at all, Paul Mescal is a very good actor for example, but Leo was just 23 when he became a massive star all over the world.

Someone was listening LOL

Also call me wrong but Leo hated it when he became a massive movie star aka the Leo mania. It's also a fact Leo mania happened because of Leos look mainly and not his talent in the first place and don't try to tell me otherwise 😄 He just happened to be talented too and this is why his career survived the Titanic/Jack Dawson phenomen and can stand by his own but also let's not pretend he isn't where he is today because of this role and movie and also his look even now. So this kind of poster boy fame is actually nothing that much desirable for a young actor. I think the only actor who remotely came close to such hype is Robert Pattinson and he was similar unhappy about it. He also managed having a decent post Twilight career. That being said a long-lasting career is never just about talent otherwise people like Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez, Tom Cruise and maybe even Brad Pitt wouldn't have one lol

However I would die if Paul would be cast in THE WAGER next to Leo.

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Someone was listening LOL

Also call me wrong but Leo hated it when he became a massive movie star aka the Leo mania. It's also a fact Leo mania happened because of Leos look mainly and not his talent in the first place and don't try to tell me otherwise 😄 He just happened to be talented too and this is why his career survived the Titanic/Jack Dawson phenomen and can stand by his own but also let's not pretend he isn't where he is today because of this role and movie and also his look even today. So this kind of poster boy fame is actually nothing that much desirable for a young actor. I think the only actor who remotely came close to such hype is Robert Pattinson and he was similar unhappy about it. He also managed having a decent post Twilight career. That being said a long-lasting career is never just about talent otherwise people like Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez, Tom Cruise and maybe even Brad Pitt wouldn't have one lol

However I would die if Paul would be cast in THE WAGER next to Leo.

Well, in my opinion,he is where he is today because of his good looks and talent too (that's for sure!), but there is also another very important thing which maybe only a few stars carry and which make them special let's say, which is charisma.

Let's pretend any other actor would play the role of Jack Dawson instead of Leo, do you think Titanic would have become this massive hit? We will never know for sure, but maybe it wouldn't. So it's not only about good looks and talent, but charisma also plays a very important part here, and that's why we don't see so many young actors achieving that same kind of craze Leo has gone through, even nowadays. On the other hand, that doesn't mean these same actors aren't talented at all, they are. I just think it may take a while till another "Leo" takes Hollywood by storm.

Just my 2 cents 🤣, although I agree with a few points. And Paul Mescal is very good, I do feel like he is next in line 🤭. Let's just see if they can make it through, because it's really not an easy task.

@Pami charisma is highly important I absolutely agree same as "that certain something" or the "it factor" whatever you want to call it.

I think the success of Titanic depends on many factors not just Leo. The heart of the movie still is the love story. Take Leo without Kate and their special chemistry/bond and the movie also could have failed. Leo can't tell nor sell a love story on his own. And speaking of the story. There would have been no Jack Dawson for Leo to play without the writing/James Cameron in the first place. And there would have been for sure no Jack Dawson like we know and love the iconic character without the director/James Cameron again putting Leo in his place several times.

So among many things circumstances, respect, trust, cooperation, luck, connections, influence and for sure money are also big parts of a successful career.